Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have done Parabon why have they not released that image instead of the drawn sk
Help me understand. I do not think Mike Patty/ Libbys grandfather/guardian is responsible but how did he know that the murders happened quickly? Where did he state that? Where did he learn of that information?

Law enforcement have probably indicated things got bad very quick because of the video and audio. They likely also know the approximate time period of death of the girls. That is just my view.

I get the complete opposite impression. It appears to me they are absolutely clueless, or else they wouldn't release the 2 year old sketch they hid from the public for all this time. The policeman speaking seems like the type of person who would think a movie about his religion would somehow be relevant at the press conference of a murder they haven't been able to solve.

I agree with you. The comments made at the press conference are to make you think they know who the person is, and I don’t think they do. If the killer does react to those comments, someone will notice. If he starts sweating bullets thinking that they’ve got him, he will slip up and expose himself. He might try and destroy clothing or dispose of evidence and since everyone in that town is already suspicious of one another and on high alert, he won’t fly under the radar easily.

With multiple entries to the bridge/hiking trail and vantage points from several areas, the killer could be a transient that was sleeping in the park and noticed the girls up on the bridge. He could be a local that was camping or in the area at the time. Regardless, I don’t think he was known to the girls.

I’m still going with the ‘crime of opportunity’ theory. He could watched those girls from a distance for quiet some time before approaching. He knew that there was nobody else around and also knew that it was a ‘dead end’ at the end of the bridge. While I thought it was risky to try and overpower two girls on a high bridge, it makes sense that it was at this point he could force them pass the ‘no trespassing’ areas to make sure nobody would see them. He most likely accused them of trespassing; hence forcing them off the bridge and why they began recording on their phones.

I'm with you. It isn't fair to condemn LE when we don't know the details. None of us had to see that crime scene, or talk to the families, or make decisions based on evidence presently held.
I agree. They are human and human being can make mistakes. They've devoted two years plus to this investigation. They must have been absolutely gutted to have to come before the families and explain all of this.

In the new photo, besides the hair what ONE or two things stands out as PROMINENT to everyone? What would a witness have made a point to detail about his face? I’m curious to know your thoughts.
After the hair texture and hairline, the most prominent features I see are the wide + long forehead and the jowls.

I have a quick question from one of the initial press conferences. ‘Very early’ on it was stated by investigators that photo on the bridge taken by Libby and the audio recorded on her phone might be from two different assailants. At any time has it been stated or clarified if it is a single suspect or is it suspects that they are seeking tips on?:(

Here is the press conference I am speaking of:
UPDATED: Delphi homicide victim recorded, photographed suspect on her phone

Press Conference Wednesday Morning
<snip>
ISP Supt Doug Carter:Added there's a possibility of more than one person, saying the person in the photograph might not match the voice on Libby's phone.
<snip>
Indiana State Officer Bursten also said the grainy photograph of a man on the Monon High Bridge that was released last week was also taken from German’s phone, though he hesitated to connect the voice with the photograph.

“We’re not saying the voice you heard is the same person in the picture,” he said. “As much as we’d like to tell you everything, more importantly we want to solve the crime.”

UPDATED: Delphi homicide victim recorded, photographed suspect on her phone

The mention of the abandoned car and the immediate control of both victims makes me question if there was more than one murderer present that day.

Finally since it was the next day till Libby and Abby were found murdered by the river. Could there have been a second perp to move them to the crime scene.

I hope this will be the break we have all prayed for.

Just my opinion, but I, 100 % agree with the police. This killer is the sole one involved.

What LE first thinks changes the more the investigation uncovers things they didn't know initially. Actually this is rather commonly said by LE in the earlier stages when more than one victim is involved.

I see this suggested very often on social media sites in just about every case if more than one victim is involved.

At times I think 'just how many murderers have to murder multiple victims for someone to know, one lone murderer is very capable of murdering multiple victims in mass numbers right by themselves?'

However, in the end, over, and over again, it turns out it was one sole prepetrator who murdered multiple victims.

With many cases they have involved many more victims than two, like in this case. Yet each time, way more times than not.... it was committed by one lone murderer who carried it all out right by themselves.

Imo, this case will be the same.

Sadly, Its rather easy to control two terrified young girls.

All he would have to do is threaten to harm one of them, and they both would comply hoping by doing as he demanded he wouldn't harm or kill them.

These girls were bonded with a lot of love for each other.

They would want to do everything they could if they thought it would protect the other one.

Imo

Last edited:
May I please ask again.What are they saying the suspects description is now?Height,color of his hair(His hair looked dark in the picture at the presser).I don't know what to look for now.

I'm completely confused about those details at this point. They haven't stated anything new. It would seem if they've discounted the first sketch entirely then the reddish-brown hair color and 'not blue' eyes would be off the table as well. Wish they would clarify that.

I have a new theory. This came to me in the last hour. The suspect might be, MOO, in fact, very well known in the community(probably religious) and by now does know that they are coming after him. He could very well turn himself in. He’s not a monster, albeit he did a monstrous horrible thing. He’s s very, very troubled young man who had lost his faith in God during traumatic times, and committed a horrible crime, during a time in his life that things completely went off the rails in every way. Dare I add the diagnosis of Major Depression with psychotic features. There was probably a break up in there that was the final straw, hence Valentine’s Day. I truly believe this saga will be over soon. Again, MOO. I wrote this post before I read up in the news about the two sketches. I believe he will be in his mid twenties, highly educated, and someone nobody except those closest would suspect.

Your theory makes a lot of sense to me.

MOO,
It seems like things are starting to move now, and this PC had much more energy than the annual PC.

I’m still in shock and stunned over the difference in the second anniversary press conference and the one on Monday I can’t believe it. I hope the momentum keeps building and the monster will be caught ASAP.

I ran to the grocery story, picked my daughter up from school, and came home to 8 new pages! It was such a short time period, but I soon realized that the original sketch is no longer believed to be BG. At first, I was shocked and disappointed. However, when I sat back and reflected, it does not change anything for me.

After the press conference on Monday, I felt that LE had a significant new lead or piece of evidence that allowed them to change the direction of the investigation. During the PC, here are some changes that I noted:

1) LE clearly stated that the new sketch was the murderer and that the audio clip was one person. We had not previously heard that.
2) Something exists that solidifies LE's belief that this sketch is the man responsible for the crimes.
3) LE was making some pointed statements to the killer. While the public may not have understood them, I feel confident that BG did.

After hearing that LE is completely abandoning the first sketch, I actually feel more convinced than ever that LE received a piece of new, actionable evidence. It took a lot of courage for LE to stand up and say that they had been looking in all of the wrong places and for the wrong suspect for over two years. It would have been much easier to continue down the same wrong path, but LE did not.

I also appreciate the comment from a previous poster suggesting that a new tip (since Monday's PC) led LE to disregard the first sketch. It would explain why it was "secondary" on Monday but now useless. I am praying that these new tips contain exactly what LE needs.

ETA - I strongly suspect that LE now knows that the parked/abandoned vehicle is how BG arrived and departed from the scene. I wonder if this is part of the "new" evidence.

Long time lurker...Love reading everyone's insights! I found this site with the Missy Beavers case, but have been following this case since my son was the same age as Libby at the time of the horrendous crime...so I've have been hoping for justice since the beginning.

My first thought after the press conference was this - "Hmmm...I think he (Carter) is emotional because they went the entirely wrong direction for two years." I saw his emotion/anger as though he felt like he failed the family(s). My thoughts only - this was my perception - I know they have worked their butts off on this case!
Now, as we all are wondering - why the wrong direction? and what has turned them around? I am hoping they have something good, just cannot figure out what it is.
Hoping for Justice for Abby and Libby (and Missy Beavers!!)

This theory was brought up not long after the murders. There was much speculation and talk of this being a payback crime at that point in time, but I haven't heard much about it re entry. I don't know if it was debunked in any way.

The fact remains, whatever the situation, BG was on the bridge, BG killed the girls, BG has not been caught yet.

jmo

I'm now 99.99% certain they know exactly who did this, and BG now knows they know. After reading all the posts (except the last 300 or so!) and watching all the videos, some multiple times, is how I come to that conclusion. I think since this will most certainly be a dp case they have to make certain their case is air tight and what they are asking the public for is to tie up a few of the lose strings they don't want any defense atty to get a good fix on. I think they are giving him two weeks to give himself up with a plea to life or for his wife, gf, mother, etc. to realize this and give up what they know, she is probably terrified. I can't give enough kudos to the fellow sleuther who has done the enhancement videos, I gained so much perspective and knowledge from those and that helped me form my conclusions. The enhancement that is black and white, I believe the last one, really puts it all into perspective. Look at the very end where he is turning his head and his face is lifted up and becomes visible, however very fast it is. He clearly is in disguise. I can see a probably fake mustache, and sunglasses very clearly. I'm assuming he is also wearing a wig, since the mustache seems so very fake to me.

Do you know where I can find the black and white enhancement videos that are located here? I can't find them for some reason. Thanks for your great post.

There have been significant advances made with face recognition, which the F.B.I. definitely uses.

Many of these "advances" have already greatly benefited the F.B.I.

A sketch such as the current one - just as a photo - can be used. Measurements can be entered - even "approximate" ones, for example between the nose and mouth.

I would imagine that the F.B.I. are using features of the sketch in a face recognition application.

Filters can be applied, such as "search within" certain areas of the country, such as - Indiana.

Face Recognition — FBI

Face Detection For Beginners
I'm wondering if LE has reviewed EACH and EVERY video camera in Delphi on the day of these murders and may have spotted the man they believe (by his dress, etc., time) is BG. I've always wondered if they would go back through every gas station, bank, traffic videos, grocery stores...there are a LOT of video cameras in Delphi, I imagine. Perhaps he was spotted, but it wasn't clear enough to get a great picture. I am sure he had to have been somewhere prior to being at the bridge, especially if he lives in Delphi.

Just some thoughts regarding the new sketch. MOO.

For some reason I don't see this as planned either. It just seems like someone wanting to go after kids could possibly have to wait days in an area like that to find some unaccompanied by adults. I think he was likely walking through for some other reason. Maybe he was hiking to and from work or to another person's house. Maybe his car broke down. Maybe he is not a serial killer and there was a PTSD psychotic break or schizophrenia involved, possibly triggered by something the girls did or said. If this guy lives in Delphi or a nearby area, I doubt this is the first time the guy wore that outfit. People should carefully look at any photos that were taken prior to the event to determine if that outfit of his appears in any of them. He likely ditched the outfit after his photo went public.

In regards to his outfit, this is why I don’t think the guy is local. Someone would have recognised him by now.

While he looks ‘clean’, it’s hard to tell from the photo.

Since they couldn’t match his DNA in the system, he doesn’t have a prior arrest, but that doesn’t mean this is his first time either. He had been watching those girls from probably the second they stepped foot on that trail and he could have been anywhere. With no leaves on the trees, he had vantage points from just anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1