Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow I didn't know that! Well now I completely believe the PC was just to him and trying to get him to confess. I bet they have his DNA and he is under surveillance. They want to build a strong of a case as possible so looking for more solid leads with the new sketch while they wait on him.

Yeah, the ole “coffee cup trick” (or cigarette butt).

What’s wild is when the perp knows he is being surveilled and brings his own utensils to the restaurant. I’ve seen that happen. This is how the knowledge and sophistication of technology goes both ways, as far as the perp being more informed as well (which goes back to an old conversation I was having with @gitana1 and @MassGuy).
(ETA: I still haven’t had my Wheaties)
(ETA2: But @MassGuy, do anticipate some ping pong like you had with @Gardener1850 as I do NOT agree that BG is a necessarily a disorganized offender :) )

—-
Following up on this, I do think he may meet some of the qualities of a disorganized offender.

But I’m not sure he is below average intelligence.

I could be giving him too much credit though. I’ve been saying this for years.

I do see him more like this though:

“What is an organized serial killer?
This type of serial killer is the most difficult to identify and capture. They are usually highly intelligent and well organized to the point of being meticulous. Every detail of the crime is planned out well in advance, and the killer takes every precaution to make sure they leave no incriminating evidence behind.“
Types Of Serial Killers - Crime Museum

I do suppose he could have qualities of both?

Last edited:
The first sketch just seemed like it resembled a LOT of individuals out there. When I look at this newly released sketch I can't help but think it is of someone very distinctive. Someone is bound to have called in a tip on him by now. Or several tips.

Not sure it is a very good sketch, it is from the witness, after all.

BTW, both sketches are done by a person with a good artistic talent, but I don’t know if it helps in composite portraits.

Not sure it is a very good sketch, it is from the witness, after all.

BTW, both sketches are done by a person with a good artistic talent, but I don’t know if it helps in composite portraits.

I though this was interesting about how the sketch was drawn.

“Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, a sketch artist with Indiana State Police who drew the new sketch, told IndyStar a sketch is based on how a particular witness describes the suspect. If there are several witnesses, Bryant would draw a sketch for each description. Bryant did not draw the sketch that police released in July 2017.

“The witness is the main focus. So there’s no input from law enforcement at all in the generating of a sketch, other than my presence as the artist."

Bryant uses a "facial identification reference sheet" that has a list of different categories, from head shapes to different eyebrows and noses. The person will describe the suspect based on those categories. "(It's) easier to do that than to describe (the suspect) using just words," Bryant said.

The sketches are not exact, Bryant said. The renderings are a "ballpark estimation of what the person looks like."
Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

I though this was interesting about how the sketch was drawn.

“Bryant uses a "facial identification reference sheet" that has a list of different categories, from head shapes to different eyebrows and noses. The person will describe the suspect based on those categories. "(It's) easier to do that than to describe (the suspect) using just words," Bryant said.

The sketches are not exact, Bryant said. The renderings are a "ballpark estimation of what the person looks like."
Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released
Yeah, definitely a good way to do it.

I’d be the worst person in the world to provide a description.

“Yes, he had a nose,” isn’t exactly helpful.

I’d have a shot at providing a somewhat accurate description this way.

Oh wow I didn't know that! Well now I completely believe the PC was just to him and trying to get him to confess. I bet they have his DNA and he is under surveillance. They want to build a strong of a case as possible so looking for more solid leads with the new sketch while they wait on him.

Scary Right!
Apparently the law is once trash has been put to the curb, it becomes public property. That means that not only Law enforcement but "anyone" can legally go thru your trash.

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I’ve been following this case fairly closely since the murders took place, but never felt like I had anything worthwhile to add. However, witnessing the emotion shown by Carter at the last presser, I can’t shake the feeling that 1) LE now knows exactly who the suspect is and 2) it is someone well known to the community and potentially linked to the case in some way.
Watching HLN the day following the presser, the reporter stated that everyone entering the press room were required to sign in, and were asked several times if they had done so. She also said that had never happened prior to that day. The reporter said that LE were posted at every exit to the room, and IMO, I’m thinking this was possibly to watch for any strange behavior from those sitting in the room/in case of an outburst. She made it seem like the LE posted at the doors was out of the norm for other press conferences.
Obviously this is just my very amateur theory.

I am new, too, and this was my take on Carter’s emotional demeanor.

I am VERY interested in this observation.

Can you please post a pic and circle the area where you think the bag is?
Whew! This was harder than I thought. I had to try to screen shot right when reflection on bag occurred.

Disclaimer: Obviously, this is just my perception. Once I “see” something, it’s very hard to unsee it. Also, I feel that I can visualize the pack better in watching the video, than in “still” shots. So, take a look at the video to see what you think. Especially pay attention to the way the zipper or label on the bag appears/disappears based on reflection of light.

Pic 1: I have drawn an arrow to where I *think* I see the light catching on a label or zipper on his bag.

Pic 2: Circled in red, I tried to indicate the general idea of where I see the (dark colored) bag...which obviously would be overlapping in appearance with his arm.

Pic 3: I drew 2 arrows where what many think to be a sweatshirt hood could possibly be the top of a pack. (Which would be lighter in color than rest of bag, due to light, and possibly it is exposing contents to an open topped duffle type bag). I’m less sure about this pic showing a bag or not.

Link to GH’s stabilized video.

Of course, I could be wrong, and there is no bag/pack/duffle. But I feel I can see one.
MOO.

Attachments

• 023FDDBA-A82C-4DF2-9089-AEE551D77ACC.jpeg
    023FDDBA-A82C-4DF2-9089-AEE551D77ACC.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 695C169C-E62D-40A1-8278-D15A43B24A2C.jpeg
    695C169C-E62D-40A1-8278-D15A43B24A2C.jpeg
    309.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 4D2BB840-DAA9-493B-AECE-8CDB8A012DCD.jpeg
    4D2BB840-DAA9-493B-AECE-8CDB8A012DCD.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:
Wait a minute, and I could totally have dreamed this, just had a weird Dejavu thing about the shack and how it might have been a “shed”...wasn’t there something about “flowers in a shed?” I might have dreamed this? If I did, sorry. I’m really not sure if I did or not! If so, please disregard.

So what I am saying is that i think LE *knows* who it is. I am not saying to go get DNA from a random FB picture or anything.

Oh. I guess I'm confused because what you said was: "What I don't understand is why the police can't go and get a DNA sample from the suspect - because I still think they know exactly who he is. What do you need against a person to get DNA? Surely they have quite a bit of evidence to put his sketch out there so isn't that enough to bring him in for questioning, samples etc?"

If you meant something 100% different from that I'd have no way of knowing that. I was responding directly to your question.

I see these questions quite a bit. Including the one about why can't they just haul a person in for questioning. That's also the fourth amendment as that would constitute an arrest. And the fifth amendment right against self incrimination would cover being forced to talk.

That's not allowed in this country.

If you mean why can't they force DNA if they "know" who it is, they may feel they know but they still need probable cause.

Whew! This was harder than I thought. I had to try to screen shot right when reflection on bag occurred.

Disclaimer: Obviously, this is just my perception. Once I “see” something, it’s very hard to unsee it. Also, I feel that I can visualize the pack better in watching the video, than in “still” shots. So, take a look at the video to see what you think.

Pic 1: I have drawn an arrow to where I *think* I see the light catching on a label or zipper on his bag.

Pic 2: Circled in red, I tried to indicate the general idea of where I see the (dark colored) bag...which obviously would be overlapping in appearance with his arm.

Pic 3: I drew 2 arrows where what many think to be a sweatshirt hood could possibly be the top of a pack. (Which would be lighter in color than rest of bag, due to light, and possibly it is exposing contents to an open topped duffle type bag). I’m less sure about this pic showing a bag or not.

Of course, I could be wrong, and there is no bag/pack/duffle. But I feel I can see one.
MOO.

Woah, the third pic with your arrows: I don’t think I’ve ever noticed that before?! That does look like the top of a pack?! Wth is that? How have I not seen that before? Feel free to tell me I’m seeing things, I will not be offended!

4d2bb840-daa9-493b-aece-8cdb8a012dcd-jpeg.181423

He does seem to push his head forward and down to his left a little when he starts to to cross his body to his left. I took a serious of still off the video and if the video is in fact continuous and not its own series of still, his head and neck move a fair amount - down, forward, to the left, back to neutral.

I think you would have to know him to recognize the mannerisms in real life. I don't know that I would notice that in someone just walking down the street. I am sure LE is hoping family and friends will now study the video more after recognizing the sketch and have to admit to themselves what their relative/friend did and get him to turn himself in.

Yes sireee, who knew a two step looped video replayed over and over would reveal a full medical diagnosis for this guy. It’s absolutely amazing how everything just falls in place and I notice your reference to the word “pain” which surely must be another clue? <j/j :)>

Pain? No. It was my frivolous interpretation of what has been really said,

“The question to you: what will those closest to you think of they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls, two children?”

It was not about pain, I just thought that some of YBG’s relatives, or even spouse, live in Delphi. And are known to the community.

To be honest, if they did not say the age group was 20-30 and posted the new sketch, here is what i’d think,

- probably 45
- stocky, not overweight but of muscular built
- warmly dressed (high sensitivity to cold - thyroid issues, m.b?)
- covering lower part of his face with a scarf and wearing a hat
- smoking 2 ppd
- possibly drinking
- sexual dysfunction, likely, divorced. Possibly, exhibitionist.
- I did notice odd gait and wanted to say, peroneal nerve damage because I observed this gait in our close friend, but I thought it was due to drinking, diabetes or maybe some meds.
- knowing the area very well, likely, local who moved but had a valid reason to visit, maybe, a cemetery?
- but not that scary since the girls followed him down the hill willingly, so they must have seen him around.

So in many ways, “my” BG looked very much like the OBG.

But now they changed everything. The portrait. And mostly, the stabilized video. I can’t unsee it.

Wait a minute, and I could totally have dreamed this, just had a weird Dejavu thing about the shack and how it might have been a “shed”...wasn’t there something about “flowers in a shed?” I might have dreamed this? If I did, sorry. I’m really not sure if I did or not! If so, please disregard.

There was, but it was posted on a blog, so I don't think we can share that info. here.

I agree there is something more bulky on his left lateral side of his arm. He looks quite skinny in fact - you can see where his shoulders are and they are pretty narrow, and his arms bow out to the sides quite a bit farther than they naturally should. It could just be the extra clothes I am sure he is wearing, posturing, and/or a backpack.

Watching that video just makes me feel he just an evil Bast***. The way his voice has been slowed down is creepy AF.

Disclaimer: Obviously, this is just my perception. Once I “see” something, it’s very hard to unsee it. Also, I feel that I can visualize the pack better in watching the video, than in “still” shots. So, take a look at the video to see what you think. Especially pay attention to the way the zipper or label on the bag appears/disappears based on reflection of light.

MOO.

Pain? No. It was my frivolous interpretation of what has been really said,

“The question to you: what will those closest to you think of they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls, two children?”

It was not about pain, I just thought that some of YBG’s relatives, or even spouse, live in Delphi. And are known to the community.

To be honest, if they did not say the age group was 20-30 and posted the new sketch, here is what i’d think,

- probably 45
- stocky, not overweight but of muscular built
- warmly dressed (high sensitivity to cold - thyroid issues, m.b?)
- covering lower part of his face with a scarf and wearing a hat
- smoking 2 ppd
- possibly drinking
- sexual dysfunction, likely, divorced. Possibly, exhibitionist.
- I did notice odd gait and wanted to say, peroneal nerve damage because I observed this gait in our close friend, but I thought it was due to drinking, diabetes or maybe some meds.
- knowing the area very well, likely, local who moved but had a valid reason to visit, maybe, a cemetery?
- but not that scary since the girls followed him down the hill willingly, so they must have seen him around.

So in many ways, “my” BG looked very much like the OBG.

But now they changed everything. The portrait. And mostly, the stabilized video. I can’t unsee it.

MOO IIRC police have stated the attack began immediately after the video.

MOO.

Thank you for taking the time to do that!! Greatly appreciated!

JMO
I think that this is a valid observation holding alot of merit. I can see what your seeing based on your pics and arrows/circles.

I have been wondering about the 'possible' backpack LE was alerting the public to look for. I could never figure out where he would have hid it as it never seemed to be on him in the stills or video.

This analysis shows me clearly he could have had one the entire time.
Great job!

Now...if it is a backpack, what did this monster have in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1