Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree.
MOO BG is stepping right to start cutting Abby off from joining Libby off
the bridge.

MOO
Mannerisms, I think there were any.
I looked again as suggested. Then I
saw this, he has a couple of head movements which seem to reveal a manner if moving.
He looks ahead and down -
all normal things to do on the bridge, but done in his own way.
MOO to me his manner of movement is very quick but somehow soft and
slidy or slinky.

I think you would have to know him to recognize the mannerisms in real life. I don't know that I would notice that in someone just walking down the street. I am sure LE is hoping family and friends will now study the video more after recognizing the sketch and have to admit to themselves what their relative/friend did and get him to turn himself in.

MOO re: cases where people
have alerted police to possible suspects and the police have not followed
up aggressively with surveillance etc.

I think the following happens, the police have far more people reported to them as suspicious than the public knows and although the reports are noted, resources continue to be used for the main investigative strategy, which they decide to
pursue as a team.
In this case finding the OBG.

MOO One reason (piece of evidence) that could have caused change of direction here is that they actually found OBG.
They were able to eliminate OBG (as they were with DN) and now they "know" it was the other man, YBG.
Carter indicated they were pretty certain about this: YBG is the sketch,
is the man in the bridge and is the killer.

Completely agree.

I believe LE has "cleared" more suspects than we know, and LE confident in dismissing OBG as no longer a POI.

Reading more about the earlier arrests leads me to believe rural Indiana is a "target rich environment" with more than one creepy guy that likes to hang out in the woods. Good news is that they've been arrested for their crimes, just as I believe the suspect for Abby and Libby will be too.

MOO

I know the students did, I was wondering about the teachers. Thanks for grabbing the link, crhedBngr. :)

Thinking about this . . . I can see your point. Maybe some teachers were catching up at school on the 13th.

Definitely muddies the water, doesn't it??

Was the school locked and closed on Feb. 13? If so, is there a scanner system where teachers need to scan badges before entering any school building?

And, are there video cameras installed in the school, or outside to monitor parking areas?

Questions, questions.

Last edited:
Reminds me, I read a post here a day or two ago, the poster said something like the suspect “photobombed Abby”. Wish I’d asked this then but at the moment I’d run out of time,.. but does anyone recall that and / or know what was meant by that ? TIA

I assumed it meant that Libby was filming Abby, not BG, and he accidentally was captured on her video--maybe he was quite a distance in the background.

IMO Libby was indeed filming BG. I think she was more familiar with the bridge than Abby and was able to hustle off the end ahead of Abby. Once she got to the end of the bridge she started filming BG as he walked towards them (Abby was probaby in this video but not the cropped part that was released). Early on LE applauded Libby for being brave and being a hero in having the prescence of mind to turn on her recording just before the onset of criminal behaviour (there was a quote to this effect but I can't find it).

Ok here’s a random really crazy thought that has entered my mind several times now, but since I don’t think it’s the case I never posted it lol, but since I keep wondering about it might as well, don’t throw tomatoes at me.

What if they are purposefully making the “primary” sketch so as to appeeeear that it is not as detailed as the “secondary” sketch or as detailed as a parabon computerized rendering in order to not reveal their hand that they do in fact have DNA.

Nevermind this doesn’t make sense, I don’t know what I was thinking now.
Ow my head.

Basically I think I was wondering if this sketch was “made” to look as it is from a witness but that’s not really the source.

(But then why would they do that? If they had a parabon image I think they would use it.)

I am on the same wavelength with you here. Basically the general thought I keep having is that there is a LE "trick" associated with this second sketch. I don't know what it is but I guess that's why it's possibly a trick. MOO

I’m trying to recall what the answer to this is, if they had the day off as well, or rather they had “in service”. Anyone?

I don't recall specifically for 2017 but "Winter Break" for Delphi schools is annual, and the school calendar for February 2019 indicates "Winter Break - No School or Make Up Day."

I interpret this as teachers are also off.

MOO

Calendar - Delphi Community Middle School

IIRC The teachers had an inservice day.

That’s what I thought I recalled as well, but wasn’t sure.

ETA: Nevermind, disregard lol:
I don't recall specifically for 2017 but "Winter Break" for Delphi schools is annual, and the school calendar for February 2019 indicates "Winter Break - No School or Make Up Day."

MOO

But what’s to say this was for certain the case back then?

It’s somewhere in threads I think...

Last edited:
I think you would have to know him to recognize the mannerisms in real life. I don't know that I would notice that in someone just walking down the street. I am sure LE is hoping family and friends will now study the video more after recognizing the sketch and have to admit to themselves what their relative/friend did and get him to turn himself in.

someone must recognize the video/sketch!

MOO

Yes, that makes sense that all would have time off.

However, there are always one or two folks working overtime and catching up.

I've had coworkers go into work because their home environment was too rowdy to get anything done :)

Ugh sorry editing

So they say imo (“thousands of investigative hours”, paraphrasing)

This is a main point of “discomfort in my head”.

Just for discussion purposes, in cases, generally speaking, what percentage of the time is the sketch accurate? I know there are many variables associated with this (the witness, the artist, the distance, etc etc), but I’m curious. We have certainly seen some dead ringers. I’m am always in awe of sketch artists talent!

On a light note, this gives me hope. If they could ID thiiiiis guy lol:

920x920.jpg

'Cartoonish' police sketch helps police identify suspect

HaHa! There is hope then! Thanks for that!

I don’t feel that I can comment on the gait because of only viewing a few steps, unlevel surface etc., but one thing that really stuck out to me in watching GH’s stabilized video is that it really seems that BG is carrying a duffle bag/backpack over at least his left shoulder. With GH’s work on the video, I caught a small reflection on what I think is a duffle/backpack. Maybe a zipper or label on the bag.

Once I got a sense of where I think the bag shows, I started covering that portion with my finger. It’s amazing how much bulk it removes from his upper body, making him appear much thinner.

I also question if some of that bag/pack is visible behind him, making it appear as a pulled down hood, but might be the top of his pack.

IMO, after watching GH’s stabilized video, he clearly has a pack of some sort, and it’s not a small one. I’m curious if the witness who saw him, remembered the pack.

Also, since I see more of the bag on his left side (or from our view, his right side), I wonder if the uneven distribution of the weight of his pack could also affect the way he’s walking. Regardless, due to the walking surface alone, I don’t think BG’s gait can be analyzed in any definitive way. Unfortunately.

Sorry if this “bag” chatter is old news. I’m pretty new to the thread.
I am VERY interested in this observation.

Can you please post a pic and circle the area where you think the bag is?

I have a lot of respect for everyone studying this guy and looking for features that might help identify him. But personally, I'm just having a hard time accepting this guy has any kind of major physical or visual handicap. He crossed the bridge, crossed the creek, went up and down hills, through the woods, all while keeping two teenage girls in line, then finally murdering them both and walking back.

I agree. This person committed these horrible murders, who he is what’s important.

And we surely wouldn’t want to discourage people who might be casually reading here, on the verge of offering a tip, to perceive it’s a fact the suspect has an obvious physical impairment.....which might cause them to become hesitant about calling in that tip because their son, husband, grandson, neighbour, or coworker walks just fine.

LE could very well have enough information to highlight a different sketch but not enough for a warrant for DNA. I don't think it necessarily means they know who it is certainly enough to file for that warrant.

(Personally I think they know a lot more than they're telling us, but the fact is we simply do not have the intel.)

Yes, that makes sense that all would have time off.

However, there are always one or two folks working overtime and catching up.

I've had coworkers go into work because their home environment was too rowdy to get anything done :)
Absolutely -- as I'm that one or two. (I've also been known to be in my office on Christmas Eve gift wrapping)! :D

I was looking at youtube videos on this case. Some people refer to this case as the snapchat murders. I don’t follow astrology and I know it’s off limits here, but I wanted to mention there are some comments under a video that really stood out to me.

Can somebody please refresh my memory as to where the planned pick-up location was? Was it the same spot as drop-off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces