Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Jessica’s case LE VERY CLEARLY Warned the community that there was a predator. None of this “making your own judgements”—-

Have there been any recent community safety meetings, etc to discuss a very possibly local threat? I know they’ve been dealing with this for a while, but for LE to come flat out and say this is a real possibility NOW, perhaps some community measures are in order as far as talking to your kids...bla bla I’m sure this has all been done but siiiince the PC, it seems sort of unfair to just leave the community hanging like that...I know I’m sounding critical and I’m not intentionally trying to be...I’m just remembering how I felt at the time...and in our case the perp was apprehended much sooner...

In my case it was very important to talk to the kids. They basically needed to be very seriously warned to be extra careful to such a serious point but not to the point of traumatizing them.

Has anyone lectured the community on “remaining “VIGILANT”” (key word usually used by Law Enforcement in these cases, moo).

Last edited:
It was mentioned here earlier by someone there’s only about 3 parking stalls at the Monon High Bridge main trail access point and that seems to be so via google as well. This parking lot where the suspect’s vehicle was reportedly parked from noon to 5pm is the next closest parking location, appearing to be only about a 5 minute walk directly north.

As LE believe the suspect had or still has a local connection to Delphi, I think it’s highly possible he’d be aware of common parking locations near the trail as well.

Good point ..... as the area is a local hiking attraction, that also suggests there’s a good chance the car may not have been related to BG.

But if the lot is a common parking spot for hikers, LE’s request for info about an unspecified car there could bring out whatever locals were using the trails that day but haven’t come forward because don’t think they saw anything. (Like someone who generally wants to avoid LE despite no involvement in the crime, lest they wind up like property owner RL.) Maybe that’ll turn up some useful info.

My idea is,
“Guys, there’s a hurt puppy down there”, “where is it?”
“Down the hill under the bridge”.

Just an example of things I can imagine that they would not release to the public and only the killer would know.

MOO
Imo you are onto something. Be nice and yell them a hurt puppy. Yep I think that would get two down the hill. How else could he control two people going down a hill. Then it was not until they got down there they realized something wasn't right.

A walker or a brace... I think, a brace, but this contraption is the answer to “a baton”, or “a gun “, or even my “exhibitionist”. Neither. Just an attachment to help lift the weaker right leg. Of white color, I presume. He is an invalid.

But here is an issue, if you watch the video I posted, the gait is called “neuropathic”.

It must be some kind of neuropathy he has as it is on both sides.

So think of this...if the leg nerves are affected, what about the area directly above the legs?

I was thinking there was something wrong with sexual part of his life, and I posted in previous thread two things, possible exhibitionism? And my the feeling that the person was not healthy.

Now I think that this guy, because of quite possible neuropathy-related sexual problems, might be drawn to younger girls who are less experienced, less critical, and less secure.

You can tell a lot from the gait... why didn’t the police post this video sooner???

But given that the BG navigated the bridge so well, he must be a local, familiar with the bridge, definitely with the family known in the area (I got it from the phrase at the conference “think of how much pain you’ll bring to the ones loving you”, or something like it - they know the ones loving him!) -

why.the.heck.were.the.LE.chasing.some.unknown.pedophile??? Did that guy, who was recently arrested, and cleared of Delphi murders, suspect number One, have neuropathic gait?

I can’t tell the prevalence of it, but “gait abnormalities” are met in 10% of people above 60, and far less frequently in younger people. Even if they thought he was 40, still, an uncommon trait.

Yes sireee, who knew a two step looped video replayed over and over would reveal a full medical diagnosis for this guy. It’s absolutely amazing how everything just falls in place and I notice your reference to the word “pain” which surely must be another clue? <j/j :)>

And what the heck is it with this comment, it bugged me back then and it still bugs me now:

“ninij9
People are smart and will draw their own conclusions...(paraphrasing only)”

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #1
Reminds me, I read a post here a day or two ago, the poster said something like the suspect “photobombed Abby”. Wish I’d asked this then but at the moment I’d run out of time,.. but does anyone recall that and / or know what was meant by that ? TIA

I agree. Controlled and authoritative.

As an example, something like this:

BG: “Guys...you can’t be walking on this bridge, it’s illegal. You’ll have to go back a different way.”

Libby/Abby: “How are we supposed to get back [to where we started]?”

BG: (motioning) “Down the hill...and then _______.” (Basically directing them into his net/web/trap)

Of course, it could have also been “Guys” immediately followed by “Down the hill” with a knife or gun held to one of the girls....but it just seems like “Guys...” would be a strange way to address someone you are about to take by force. But this isn’t a normal person we’re discussing, so his speech habits certainly might not fit the norm.

MOO

I could see this...and the girls too scared to walk past him to get back. :(

IMHO yes...Early on in other cases Ted Bundy's name, a description was brought up to LE several times, same with Gary Ridgeway he was interviewed in connection with the missing women because of several witnesses recognized him, his car and were last to be seen with several victims but there wasn't enough evidence to charge either one.
It's highly possible they have interviewed him and haven't eliminated him from the list. They have a strong suspect but need to gather more evidence. LE might think the last PC would cause him to squirm, become paranoid, do something and they could follow him or gain new evidence. At least that's what I hope.

MOO re: cases where people
have alerted police to possible suspects and the police have not followed
up aggressively with surveillance etc.

I think the following happens, the police have far more people reported to them as suspicious than the public knows and although the reports are noted, resources continue to be used for the main investigative strategy, which they decide to
pursue as a team.
In this case finding the OBG.

MOO One reason (piece of evidence) that could have caused change of direction here is that they actually found OBG.
They were able to eliminate OBG (as they were with DN) and now they "know" it was the other man, YBG.
Carter indicated they were pretty certain about this: YBG is the sketch,
is the man in the bridge and is the killer.

Reminds me, I read a post here a day or two ago, the poster said something like the suspect “photobombed Abby”. Wish I’d asked this then but at the moment I’d run out of time,.. but does anyone recall that and / or know what was meant by that ? TIA

You photobomb someone when you walk into the scene while they’re taking a picture of something else.

So the idea was that BG was just in the background of a picture the girls took, not the subject of it.

I think the police is hoping he will confess... I think these “two weeks” are not in waiting for something. It is the time given to him to summon all the courage. This is someone whose parent, or parents, they clearly sympathize with.

Yes, I think it's going to be very sad for the parents. But I can't imagine LE being so caring that they don't just go get him. They must need a bit more.

I remember the post, but not the poster.

Photobombing is when a person interjects themselves into a photo that they weren’t supposed to be in. Often intentional to be funny (like when someone quickly leans in and makes bunny ears on someone right as a picture is being taken). Or sometimes unintentional- like when a person is having a photo taken in front of a landmark and suddenly a passerby walks behind them, kind of ruining the intended picture.

I believe the OP was stating that they thought it was possible Libby was NOT intending to take video or photo of BG, but she captured him unintentionally in the background.

MOO.

I agree with all of this!

What I don't understand is why the police can't go and get a DNA sample from the suspect - because I still think they know exactly who he is. What do you need against a person to get DNA? Surely they have quite a bit of evidence to put his sketch out there so isn't that enough to bring him in for questioning, samples etc?

They would need pretty compelling circumstantial evidence at the least to get a DNA warrant.

I totally see a hole in the right knee & possibly the left knee as well. But after all the hallucinations these pics & vid have caused, I don’t trust my eyes on it lol.

I have always seen a hole! That's about the only detail I ever gleaned from that video - the face I just can't see anything. I keep trying to see the new sketch, but am just going to have to take LE word for it!

Carter: ISP has video of suspect walking on Monon High Bridge, taken from Libby's phone. He says: Watch the suspect's walking, etc. "Do you recognize this man."

Delphi murders update: ISP shares new sketch, video, audio

He said he wanted people to watch BG walking to see if they recognize any mannerisms. During the press conference he said,
"Carter says because of where the man is walking and the deterioration of the bridge the suspect is not walking naturally because of the spacing between the ties."

ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer

Yes, I think it's going to be very sad for the parents.

MOO I don't see police taking any chances. The minute they can arrest they will.
Anything can go wrong by delaying.
The DNA rush test is faster than 2 weeks --
I think Carter just gave a firm time of two weeks for the family to adjust to the elimination of OBG, and to process the new YNG age range + local focus.
MOO police were never closed off to younger local.
DN was 31 and worked in pretty closed to Delphi, in Zionsville.
Many men (mostly already known to LE) have been interviewed by police locally have had their phones examined as well swabs.

It's the YBG sketch that is the big
difference along with the requested scrutiny of regular community members.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members