Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d sure be quick to defend anyone brought up in social media as a suspect. Just this week, in spite of WS’s rather strict ToS, we’ve had a half dozen suspects singled out—some with pictures.

Let’s say to ourselves over and over: THEY CAN’T ALL BE THE MURDERER! So, do we really want to destroy the reputations/the lives of all the innocent ones?

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

A quote from facebook and subsequent discussion about that information has been removed. Please become familiar with our social media rules and terms of service.

It sounds like a shovel scraping on concrete with some low growls (almost snarls) mixed in. Quite demonic. And although I know it is shadow, if you watch Hughes' video, slowed down to 25, it looks like a cat like black entity is taking over his left side. It is like looking at someone possessed.

I turned it off because it was upsetting my dog. It’s the loud background noise that sounds like screeching distortion. Maybe someone else can explain/describe better? Why couldn’t they edit that out?
Yeah, it was unpleasant to listen to. Can anyone explain the weird thing his right leg does, re. he appears to tap the back of his left heel with the right shoe or something.

I think the use of the term "guys" is due to familiarity. I would use it only with strangers if they were kids - 20 or more years younger than me and younger than 20 themselves.

I think you bring up a good point with possible schoolmate. That could be why Libby started filming--they thought they recognized who it could be but maybe he was wearing a disguise hence the comments about him being creepy. If you see someone you think you know acting/appearing strange I don't think it's odd that you would want to take a picture/film it to document.

And I know there's been discussion around his use of "guys" but IMO and personal experience, guys isn't often what you call people you don't know. Its usage seems to be not necessarily always friendly but more of what you call people you are at least somewhat familiar with. And I could be wrong and YMMV, but it's just my gut feeling and JMO.

I am 100% clear on the fact that the sketch released first (older/hat) is not the suspect and that the sketch released more recently is, in fact, a totally different person. But I have been wondering, could older/hat sketch #1 guy be a recently interviewed witness? Is it possible he came forward and said something along the lines of, "Yes, I was at the park that day for totally unrelated reasons that I did not want known at the time but I am now ready to talk. I have an ironclad alibi and I saw younger sketch number two guy with the girls as I was leaving the park." Something along those lines.
I was wondering the same thing, which is why I had mentioned in another thread that I'm really interested to know if sketch 1 is of an actual literal person, or if it's just a very wrong depiction of the killer and he doesn't actually exist

Yeah, it was unpleasant to listen to. Can anyone explain the weird thing his right leg does, re. he appears to tap the back of his left heel with the right shoe or something.
It reminded me of when you kick the toe of your shoe on the ground to shift your foot forward. It was odd.

What is that awful background noise? Interesting they chose not to edit it out in this release. Is that significant?

It has been suggested online that sound effects have been added to mask sound i.e the girls talking etc. I have no idea if that’s the case. I find the audio very difficult to listen to.

In the very beginning it was mentioned that there was supposed to be another friend going with the girls to the bridge, but she couldn't get permission to go. So, outside of immediate family who knew the plans, there was this girl and someone in her family.

Also, other schoolmates were there that day, so apparently at least a couple of other families knew that kids were going to the bridge.

What is that awful background noise? Interesting they chose not to edit it out in this release. Is that significant?
I think it’s a signal that it’s insignificant.

The purpose is to recognize this guy’s voice.

They probably wouldn’t include audio that had other, more disturbing implications.

I think it’s just background noise, perhaps the phone moving around in Libby’s pocket as she’s walking.

I think I'm rescinding my belief that he was wearing a hoodie with the hood on, the more I look the more I think it's just a mirage due to angles and shadows.

But shout out to the user who mentioned messing with the pictures using instagram filters. I've started doing the same thing so if I discover anything noteworthy I'll post em

I do find it interesting that LE has said sketch 1 is not a POI which makes me think he really does exist. But could just be their choice of phrasing combined with me over analyzing :D
I have focused on their semantics as well. For example, wondering if "not a POI" should be taken literally or if "not a POI" means there was never a person to begin with.

if you have a smartphone - please turn on the recorder (I'm pretty sure all smartphones come with a basic recording app/feature) and drop it in your pocket. Walk around inside or outside (that would be more accurate) while talking. This may help us all understand the sounds and possibly not get stuck on sounds that are naturally occurring in a recording made this way.

I’ve forgotten how to quote someone from an already closed thread.

From @MassGuy :
“That’s exactly the type of guy I think it’s going to be.

Young, awkward, and a loner.

An intelligent and experienced killer, probably isn’t going to brazenly murder two teenage girls in broad daylight.

I think he has a menial job, and lives on the fringes of society.”

I couldn’t help but immediately picture someone in my mind from your description. And that would be...Jayme Closs’s abductor.

I think when this perp is (hopefully) caught, your description will be spot on.

I have focused on their semantics as well. For example, wondering if "not a POI" should be taken literally or if "not a POI" means there was never a person to begin with.
I thought the first sketch was drawn from a witness account who saw a guy walking down the highway but he did not come forward until five months after the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces