Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any predictions on what type of person they suspect?

It sounds like they have someone very young in mind, maybe someone who was college/seminary-aged at the time of the crime.

If it were to turn out to be a pastor's son, would that count as a betrayal of the community? It seems like they were hinting at a connection to the religious community.

This is a wild theory, but what if the "two weeks" was mentioned because they can't get the guy without the cooperation of one of his family members, and that family member has agreed to co-operate only if he can have two weeks to get his son (or younger brother, or nephew, or whatever) to confess.

I admit that it's a silly idea. I don't believe it myself; I'm just thinking out loud.

It’s possible that LE might talk to the suspect and anticipates that they may get a confession? They may think two weeks is a reasonable estimate of how long the process will take. Or yes, possible that someone in a position of influence over the suspect is hoping to assist LE and needs some time.

I personally know of a case (NOT murder) where the person is known without a doubt to be the one committing the crime. There’s been proof beyond a shadow of a doubt, but there are legal processes that have to take place in order to arrest him. Unfortunately, this person was able to continue doing what they were.

All that to say, I still believe they know who the killer is, but they have to dot their I’s and cross their T’s. This isn’t just about an arrest, this is about CONVICTION AND PUNISHMENT.

JMO

Edited for grammar

Last edited:
Possibly discussed previously (this case is hard to keep up with), but regarding the audio release I’m not so sure that the words are in sequential order; meaning that “guys” may not have preceded the “down the hill” portion which might explain the vast difference in the sound of voice. Any thoughts/opinions?

Just a hunch, but I think enough time has passed that they sat down and re-reviewed the case from the start. Renewed efforts and study revealed buried facts, once seemingly unimportant, that jumped out at investigators. That info combined with evidence gathered over time such as phone pings, possible partial DNA match, etc., has re-booted their efforts and concentration. How many cold cases have we seen where investigators were initially pulled in one direction, but with a fresh set of eyes and time, were able to sift through and discover something obvious. I'm hoping...

Exactly how does this happen in real life?

I'm new to this terrible case, and reading to catch up on details, one question; who is being referenced when I see the initials BG?

Welcome!

Yes I’m intrigued by the vehicle as well. The reason I think they haven’t released the vehicle info is because it’s a means of quality control, as they don’t want to taint valuable tips by revealing any more than they need to.

BBM

“Tips on the new suspect should be sent to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.

Police request that tips include the following information:
  • Suspect's name
  • Date of birth or approximate age
  • Physical description including height, weight, hair color, eye color
  • Address or location including city
  • Vehicle information including year, make, model, color
  • Specific reason for the tip. Why could they be the suspect?
  • Motivation for the crime
  • Connection to Delphi, IN
Police say you don't need to have all of those pieces to send a tip, but do ask you include as many details as you can.
Old Delphi suspect sketch is no longer person of interest

Great post.

In the L&E case in Iowa, LE did not reveal a vehicle description until around 9 months after the disappearances. I recall from MSM reports that LE waited until they got 3 tips about the white, older SUV that people saw on the trail by Meyers Lake that day.

JMO

Last edited:
What are the chances that 2 men were wearing a dark blue jacket and hoodie and or hat on the trail that day? Either BG shed the jacket or one of the witnesses really couldn't remember the clothing very well.

I don't know about Delphi, but back after the still picture was released, I went to a popular walking and dog-walking area near us, and I counted three guys approximately similar to BG before I even got out of the parking lot. It's like a uniform.

I agree and thanks for re-posting the link. After reading some comments on there, I don’t feel my theory (state or federal agent/inspector/investigator) is as “out there” as I had originally thought. One of the comments was interesting, speculating on the way he said “guys....down the hill”, that in his everyday job he’s use to directing people. I agree with this comment. I think he sounds very calm and authoritative. IMO

Regarding the voice, "guys...down the hill". I agree it sounds calm and authoritative. His voice also sound masculine or more mature and not that of an 18-27 year old.

jmo

Regarding the voice, "guys...down the hill". I agree it sounds calm and authoritative. His voice also sound masculine or more mature and not that of an 18-27 year old.

jmo
I hear the same thing, but some young men within that age range, do have deep voices.

Likewise, when looking at that video of BG, I see a man in his mid 40s.

Clearly, law enforcement believes that this guy is younger, and I do too.

I think our eyes and ears might be fooling some of us.

We are after all, dealing with a short grainy video, and a 4 word sentence spoken outdoors, captured on a phone that may have been in Libby’s pocket.

Last edited:
Haven’t read through this entire thread...I don’t know about y’all, but I don’t want to hear any more audio!! I can only imagine how horrific it is...and that man doesn’t deserve to have a voice! JMO

I feel the same Jane. I’m having nightmares that I’m walking along the high bridge it is windy and BG is following behind me, then I hear “down the hill” on repeat and finally I see the new sketch.

I'm new to this terrible case, and reading to catch up on details, one question; who is being referenced when I see the initials BG?

Welcome Stratocaster to the thread as I am sure you are aware this is a very frustrating and complex case. Please let us know if you have any questions or thoughts.

I hear the same thing, but some young men within that age range, do have deep voices.

Likewise, when looking at that video of BG, I see a man in his mid 40s.

Clearly, law enforcement believes that this guy is younger, and I do too.

I think our eyes and ears might be fooling some of us.

My middle son is 20 and he has a very deep voice, but it's not as mature or rough sounding as what I hear with BG. Although, you're probably right and my eyes and ears could be fooling me.

I keep thinking maybe it is a Camelback or similar device, to drink water while hiking, biking, running, etc. I also wonder if the brown bag on his right hip is a camera bag but he used it to hide weapons. MOO.
I hate writing this, but I always thought there might be a video camera in the bag and that he had a small tripod hidden in his pant leg.

I hate writing this, but I always thought there might be a video camera in the bag and that he had a small tripod hidden in his pant leg.
This guy had limited time, and was on a mission.

He’s lucky he wasn’t spotted, as committing a crime like this in broad daylight, is as stupid as it is evil.

It’s hard enough to control and murder two teenage girls, let alone video the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz