Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. LE has had both the video and audio of the POI for 2 years. Enough to study both gait and voice of many potential suspects. This may not be enough for a DA/Judge to sign off on naming a suspect, but any further tips may be. By releasing these, they have opened up to the public to scrutinize every single person that says "guys" similarly. I doubt they would do this without first narrowing down to only a few. MOO

I just do not understand that some one who knows him has not recognized the voice- you know the voice of people you know, IMO.

I agree.

They have taken swabs of people who have been identified as potential suspects in this case.

I do take that as a sign that they have something to compare them to.

That being said, the lack of a solid DNA generated description of this suspect (Parabon), tells me that what they do have, might not be of firm origin, or quality.

It could also be they are taking the swabs in case they have something to compare them moving forward.

I do not st all believe the sketch is based on a specific, identified person. It's based on an eyewitness. Or witnesses.

Still, they may at this point have a strong suspicion or belief but belief does not equal probable cause.

According to media posts after the PC, the sketch was made Feb. 17th, 2017. Which makes me think they had a witness who gave them the info.

JMO

A warrant is needed for a "search." It's not a "search" if it is something in plain view or discarded. Once the DNA from the discarded item is confirmed to match the DNA, that could then be the basis for a full warrant to search the home of the suspect and to take a DNA swab directly from them if PC did not exist to do either before.

Thank you.

According to media posts after the PC, the sketch was made Feb. 17th, 2017. Which makes me think they had a witness who gave them the info.

JMO

They sure did. Why it took two years is the confounding part.

All I can make of it, at the time, is didn’t seem important and didn’t match the vid.

I wonder if either sketch has any merit. Holding out hope though.

JMO
"DELPHI — Indiana State Police are now saying the new sketch of the Delphi suspect is their current person of interest and the first sketch - released two years ago - is not a person of interest at this time.

Investigators released the clarification on Wednesday, saying that the new sketch, which was created by a different eyewitness account, is now the person they are searching for." ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

All I can make of it, at the time, is didn’t seem important and didn’t match the vid.

I really doubt either sketch has much merit, and neither may the video. I suspect the audio is everything in this case.

I somewhat agree.

They have taken swabs of people who have been identified as potential suspects in this case.

I do take that as a sign that they have something to compare them to.

That being said, the lack of a solid DNA generated description of this suspect (Parabon), tells me that what they do have, might not be of firm origin, or quality.

And sometimes, they just ask people for their DNA to see if they are willing to provide it or not.

A crazy idea... but I wonder if the company hired to demolish the building had done any preliminary work at the time of the murders? (I’m not sure when the building was removed). If you get where I’m going, there could have been workers exposed to the area via that project who could have been involved. This is purely speculation, no accusation, but I think everything has to be considered and hopefully has been by LE.

That’s the weird thing.

This was the first sketch they had, but ultimately the second one released.

They released the initial sketch, five months after the girls were murdered.

So for the first five months, law enforcement believed it was better to go with no sketch, than release the one they had.

They apparently had little confidence back then, that this newly released sketch depicted the face of BG.

We’re all wondering what changed.

I really wasn’t on board with those saying LE has a person in mind, but now I am. I do think it is going to turn out to be a betrayal of the community. I hope this goes quickly.
Any predictions on what type of person they suspect?

It sounds like they have someone very young in mind, maybe someone who was college/seminary-aged at the time of the crime.

If it were to turn out to be a pastor's son, would that count as a betrayal of the community? It seems like they were hinting at a connection to the religious community.

This is a wild theory, but what if the "two weeks" was mentioned because they can't get the guy without the cooperation of one of his family members, and that family member has agreed to co-operate only if he can have two weeks to get his son (or younger brother, or nephew, or whatever) to confess.

I admit that it's a silly idea. I don't believe it myself; I'm just thinking out loud.

What have been some best guesses for what that white thing is up by BG’s coat opening? I’m stumped. (This is not the clearest image of it- including link to video for clearer viewing as well).

I keep thinking maybe it is a Camelback or similar device, to drink water while hiking, biking, running, etc. I also wonder if the brown bag on his right hip is a camera bag but he used it to hide weapons. MOO.

I really wasn’t on board with those saying LE has a person in mind, but now I am. I do think it is going to turn out to be a betrayal of the community. I hope this goes quickly.

It sounds like they have someone very young in mind, maybe someone who was college/seminary-aged at the time of the crime.

If it were to turn out to be a pastor's son, would that count as a betrayal of the community? It seems like they were hinting at a connection to the religious community.

This is a wild theory, but what if the "two weeks" was mentioned because they can't get the guy without the cooperation of one of his family members, and that family member has agreed to co-operate only if he can have two weeks to get his son (or younger brother, or nephew, or whatever) to confess.

I admit that it's a silly idea. I don't believe it myself; I'm just thinking out loud.

What are the chances that 2 men were wearing a dark blue jacket and hoodie and or hat on the trail that day? Either BG shed the jacket or one of the witnesses really couldn't remember the clothing very well.

I haven’t commented since the threads are moving SO fast, but I’m mostly caught up with the new information.

IMHO, I think it would be a disservice to Abby and Libby, their family and friends, and the police department to release any more from Libby’s phone. I was very surprised when they released more audio, less surprised at the video of the suspect walking. At this point, I’m afraid anything left would jeopardize the investigation because there’s probably more criminal activity than “small talk” left :( I have no doubt it’s disturbing and heartbreaking, so to preserve everyone’s wellbeing, it’s in our best interest to use what the police give us.
I feel that way about releasing COD too; I know we all want to know to help put pieces together, but the investigative strategy is to prevent false confessions. From what police said, it’s “the stuff of nightmares,” so it really must have been... horrific :(

I think he’s in their sights. It’s just a matter of checking alibis, motive, description, and a confession at this point. How long that will take, though, I don’t know. But the sheriff’s office seems beyond determined to catch him, to put the family at ease in that sense.

The worst part is knowing that regardless of the outcome, two young women lost their lives at aged 14 and 13 on a warm February day. They just wanted to go walk on a trail. Nothing would’ve ever led anyone to believe that they would die so young and so senselessly. Their deaths, however, are not in vain; people around the country, heck around the world, are speaking their names, keeping their case alive, all for the love of them and the grief of their innocence.
All MOO.
Well said!!!!

Just a hunch, but I think enough time has passed that they sat down and re-reviewed the case from the start. Renewed efforts and study revealed buried facts, once seemingly unimportant, that jumped out at investigators. That info combined with evidence gathered over time such as phone pings, possible partial DNA match, etc., has re-booted their efforts and concentration. How many cold cases have we seen where investigators were initially pulled in one direction, but with a fresh set of eyes and time, were able to sift through and discover something obvious. I'm hoping...

I think anything is possible - I thought the “unveiling” of the new and improved suspect was done with LE knowing it might create a shock effect within the community... we’ll see hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces