Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is a guy who never came back to work at a low paying job in Indiana and asked about a well known double murder relevant to the case though?

So I'm not from Delphi but was required to visit the Carroll Co. Sheriffs Dept. for work yesterday 4/26, and did a little spin around town out of curiosity. It was a bit odd, a full week after the PC, I expected to maybe see businesses or the area on the main drag to have the new sketch hung up here and there, but the only place I ran into it was on the CCSD front door. Literally did not see it ANYWHERE.
That would be a hell of a lot more concerning a couple decades ago.

With the internet and social media, I’m sure people in the community cannot escape that mugshot.

I’d still like to see it everywhere though.

What have been some best guesses for what that white thing is up by BG’s coat opening? I’m stumped. (This is not the clearest image of it- including link to video for clearer viewing as well).

Well with the recent video and mysterious “vehicle” I was almost sure it was white framed goggles :cool: but I’m currently reconsidering that

Well, if he is, I have something I'd like to say to him. ;)

Grow some kahonas and stop being a coward. Turn.Your.Self.In.
No kidding. His family is about to be horribly traumatized and humiliated by the inevitable raid.
He should spare them the trauma, and turn himself in.

Amateur opinion and speculation

So IF LE knows who BG is and if they know whether or not he had a cell phone at the time of the murders and if they know the # can they still obtain tower ping info that far back? Just thinking of other cases where cell pings have proved very valuable.

Often cellphone pings are helpful if the suspect has no valid reason to be in that particular area. But a person who either lives or had reason to visit Delphi, maybe not so much.

Well with the recent video and mysterious “vehicle” I was almost sure it was white framed goggles :cool: but I’m currently reconsidering that

You know, this new video is helpful to me. With the stills it did seem it could be smoke. The video shows it’s stable, and ropelike, that twirl of ribbon under his neck.

If we assume he is somewhat organized, but has disorganized features, it might make sense it is some kind a ligature. IMO.

So I'm not from Delphi but was required to visit the Carroll Co. Sheriffs Dept. for work yesterday 4/26, and did a little spin around town out of curiosity. It was a bit odd, a full week after the PC, I expected to maybe see businesses or the area on the main drag to have the new sketch hung up here and there, but the only place I ran into it was on the CCSD front door. Literally did not see it ANYWHERE.
That’s discouraging but I expect suspect fatigue has probably affected this small town; this is totally off base BUT if anybody there really knows who BG is I wouldn’t mind seeing a scene out of the old Frankenstein movie where the townspeople chase the monster thru town carrying torches...

Often cellphone pings are helpful if the suspect has no valid reason to be in that particular area. But a person who either lives or had reason to visit Delphi, maybe not so much.

The cell phone pinging has bothered me since the beginning, but have learned more about how cell phones triangulate between towers.

All that to say, if they had a lead on a suspect, his cell phone could be triangulated in the same way Libby’s was.

Question for law professionals- @gitana1 : on the subject of probable cause- someone mentioned that trash, once discarded on the street, is public property and therefore fair game for DNA retrieval by LE. Is a probably cause warrant required for that DNA to be collected? Someone mentioned the "coffee cup trick". Is obtaining DNA by any means other than with a warrant allowed? Can you really trick someone into giving DNA and use that evidence in court?

To add to this, if you don't know the exact phone signal you're looking for, the fact a tower sends signals might not be all that useful. It just might mean a hill of data.

To add to this, if you don't know the exact phone signal you're looking for, the fact a tower sends signals might not be all that useful. It just might mean a hill of data.

BUT, and I am not sure exactly how the cell phone records are pulled, some person with a detailed kind of brain could sort through them, pull out the “no ways” and at least cull the list down. IMO.

Question for law professionals- @gitana1 : on the subject of probable cause- someone mentioned that trash, once discarded on the street, is public property and therefore fair game for DNA retrieval by LE. Is a probably cause warrant required for that DNA to be collected? Someone mentioned the "coffee cup trick". Is obtaining DNA by any means other than with a warrant allowed? Can you really trick someone into giving DNA and use that evidence in court?

A warrant is needed for a "search." It's not a "search" if it is something in plain view or discarded. Once the DNA from the discarded item is confirmed to match the DNA, that could then be the basis for a full warrant to search the home of the suspect and to take a DNA swab directly from them if PC did not exist to do either before.

Can anyone think of a case where a murderer felt guilty years after the crime and turned themselves in?

I cannot.

Only time I have seen it is when they are already locked up for life for a different crime. No possibility of additional punishment etc

But I'm sure it has happened in other circumstances as well.....just very rare

I really wasn’t on board with those saying LE has a person in mind, but now I am. I do think it is going to turn out to be a betrayal of the community. I hope this goes quickly.

Soy un perdedor
I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1