Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What have been some best guesses for what that white thing is up by BG’s coat opening? I’m stumped. (This is not the clearest image of it- including link to video for clearer viewing as well).

So difficult to know.

One of my thoughts is some sort of skull scarf.

The other is headphones which he has taken off his ears and is wearing them around his neck.

Headphones with this kind of coloring:

stock-photo-a-man-wear-a-black-and-white-headphone-421315399.jpg

https://thumb7.shutterstock.com/dis...ear-a-black-and-white-headphone-421315399.jpg

Yup. It's quite creepy. Just like the coward who killed these two sweet girls.

Anybody local to Delphi on here tonight?

There are two high schools nearby to the trail.
  • Central Catholic Jr/Sr High School
  • Delphi Community High School
Am I missing any others? If young people frequent the trail/park as a "hang-out", do others come from further away than the two schools listed above? Just wondering.

------

Something tells me many HS yearbooks from the last decade are being cracked open, especially in the last week, since the press conference.

I have a lot of faith in this amazing community. I really believe in the LE team that has been assembled too. The citizens of Delphi and the surrounding areas will identify BG. They will turn him in. There will be Justice for these two beautiful young ladies.

Mother's don't always

If the attacker was interrupted or got cold feet, they might have seen their way into murder pretty damn quick. It wouldn't be the first time. If the attacker decided between getting the girls from the initial location to the secondary location was too risky, then the attacker could have tried to.... " cover his losses," so to speak. And this would actually fit the profile of an amateur attacker.

I’ll preface this with IMO (in my opinion).

I think the evidence does show this apparently bulked up (by weight or he was carrying items on his person) bridge guy did lead the girls down the hill. Where I have my first stop is the initial place to bring down his intentions.

Something may have caused a deviation in his plan.

It might have been the girls fought back or took off running. So... there were many places to find evidence, not only where they were found.

Btw, I know I could be totally wrong on that. Time will tell *hopefully*.

So I'm not from Delphi but was required to visit the Carroll Co. Sheriffs Dept. for work yesterday 4/26, and did a little spin around town out of curiosity. It was a bit odd, a full week after the PC, I expected to maybe see businesses or the area on the main drag to have the new sketch hung up here and there, but the only place I ran into it was on the CCSD front door. Literally did not see it ANYWHERE.

<modsnipped>

I think law enforcement were looking at black wellington boots at the factory at one point. It would be interesting to know what kind of footwear he was wearing and what footprints he left.

Last edited by a moderator:

Am I missing any others? If young people frequent the trail/park as a "hang-out", do others come from further away than the two schools listed above? Just wondering.

------

Something tells me many HS yearbooks from the last decade are being cracked open, especially in the last week, since the press conference.

I have a lot of faith in this amazing community. I really believe in the LE team that has been assembled too. The citizens of Delphi and the surrounding areas will identify BG. They will turn him in. There will be Justice for these two beautiful young ladies.

I do too. I really do. It was gratifying to see they're still working this case so hard and developing new leads. It's also gratifying to see the sincere emotion this case has caused. Two years later and it's just as personal as the day those angels were found.

People sometimes wonder about a cop's emotion in a case like this. But I don't. I mean every cop is different. But this is a small town. A safe, quiet area. Where so many people know each other. It's like losing their own child.

And you know they speak to the families. They see their horror and anguish and despair. They hold their hands and watch them weep. They make promises to these families to get justice. It's why most of these people get into this business.

They also view video and photos of these kids. They get to know them theough that and family. They often keep their photos on their desks or walls. To push them to carry on despite difficulty and criticism.

And worst of all? They've seen their bodies. Still with death. They've seen them frozen in their final, gruesome moment.

That's a lot to take for any human.

I really respect them and my faith in them is strong.

I really would like some clarification here, because it seems as if the scanner and packers plant stuff has been known for a while. This doesn't seem new, but I could be wrong.

To me with the new vid, and not looking at stills where it’s harder to make the the footwear out, it seems he is wearing smaller shoes than boots, like tennis shoes or walking shoes. At first I thought they were black, but after watching Gray Hughes’ video, I see some brown when his feet are picked up. IMO.

Or she could've just told him her hiking plans in person. That's possible. And had no idea he's a crazy creep that was going to try to stalk her.

But then we get back to they didn't recognize the guy. They referred to him as a creepy guy, apparently. And I think if at some point they did recognize him that would be on
the recording- "Mr. So and so! Why are you doing this?"
They didn’t recognize him; right. In my amateur hypothesis, he had portrayed himself as a Bieber lookalike, or whoever the current 14 year old heart throb is.

Sigh...this is reminiscent of Lyric and Lizzie.

Amateur opinion and speculation

------

Delphi Community High School yearbooks are digitally archived, so it should be easy for them to look.

How can any of us be sure the audio the police leaked (" Guys.... Down the hill....") was from the START of the crime, and not from the END of the crime? Everyone seems to be assuming the audio the police gave was from the start of the crime, from when the attacker first started to lead the girls "down the hill." But where is the evidence of that being true? Maybe this audio given by police was audio which was recorded by the victim's phone AFTER the attacks. Maybe this audio came from recording the attacker on a cell phone of his own, trying to get "help" around the area to get his friends to help cover his crime or hide the bodies, and he was telling them where he was.

It's speculation on my part to a certain extent (I haven't any evidence that the police outright stated that the audio came from before the attacks) and I welcome my inquiries being debunked, but I haven't seen LE coming out and saying exactly when the audio was recorded in regards to the murders. I welcome clarification if it is available. If it is not available, then I must ask this question: to what extent does the time frame of the audio impact the research and narrative surrounding the crimes?

We definitely do not know chronology of the audio or video. I'll bet that when this case breaks we will be surprised at what point in the commission of the murders the recordings were made. The cohesiveness of what we have heard and seen will probably be all out of context also!!

Hello Sleuthers,

Long time reader, but finally made a username so I could be a part of the discussion! The Hannah Graham case brought me here, and I have followed this case from the beginning. My work has kept me from staying up on the threads for the past few days but just wanted to throw out my thoughts.

With the latest press conference my hope is renewed that they will catch the person that did this and I believe it will be sooner rather than later.

Regarding LE asking for info about a vehicle that was parked at the old social services building-

I believe LE knows more about the vehicle than they made it appear. The color, type and I would think the make. However I do not understand why they did not release it. There is something they know that is critical to the vehicle in relation to the case IMO. If it was a case of someone in the town saying “well I remember a white truck being there that day” and they wanted to rule out if it was even relevant to the case, I think they would have given a general description (white truck, red Chevy, etc) and then said please call if that was you. It will be interesting to see how the vehicle plays into this once the killer is found. I think the new sketch is related as well. SOMETHING has taken place that caused them to release this info and go in a “new direction”. I would think it would have to be a witness who recently came forward or maybe even a family member/friend of the killer who knows what happened. I think LE needs the killer to make a mistake so they can arrest him and have an air tight case for trial. I do not believe that this is a cold case (anymore) and that they are hot on the trail.

Welcome!

Yes I’m intrigued by the vehicle as well. The reason I think they haven’t released the vehicle info is because it’s a means of quality control, as they don’t want to taint valuable tips by revealing any more than they need to.

BBM

“Tips on the new suspect should be sent to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.

Police request that tips include the following information:
  • Suspect's name
  • Date of birth or approximate age
  • Physical description including height, weight, hair color, eye color
  • Address or location including city
  • Vehicle information including year, make, model, color
  • Specific reason for the tip. Why could they be the suspect?
  • Motivation for the crime
  • Connection to Delphi, IN
Police say you don't need to have all of those pieces to send a tip, but do ask you include as many details as you can.
Old Delphi suspect sketch is no longer person of interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member