Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking is very much in line with yours, as I believe BG is in his early 20s, possibly a seminary student (educated and well spoken), and that there is a religous connection to Delphi. A twist on your theory that I'd like to offer is that BG might be struggling with his own sexuality. Perhaps he is gay and is hiding that from his family, friends, and church. I would think in a small town that people are less accepting than in larger cities. And, although certain religions accept homosexuality they ascertain that it is incompatible with Christian teaching. Here is the position statement of the United Methodist Church (one mentioned on this forum many times that Libby's family has a connection to):

Regarding the ministry of the ordained

• ¶ 304.3: The practice of homosexuality is incompatible with Christian teaching. Therefore self-avowed practicing homosexuals are not to be certified as candidates, ordained as ministers, or appointed to serve in The United Methodist Church.
Perhaps the incongurency of who he really is on the 'inside', and who he is pretending to be on the 'outside' led to some type of mental break on the day he murdered Abby & Libby.

absolutely or has sexual impulses that he cannot control but sought counseling for from his Church. Someone might be aware that he is capable, maybe even confessed.

MOO
New sketch + BG video

Immature male, one that has too many things and packs too many things
around.

Moves his head quickly and darts glances.

Coordinated. He quickly gained ground on the girls.

Hands in pockets. All males that I have seen pictures of walking on the bridge have their hands in their pockets, BG does too. Suggests he knows and exhibits local norms.
“Moves his head quickly and darts glances” .... I too noticed that in the video. Not sure if it was the way it was edited for the public, but when Carter asked the public to notice mannerisms, that stood out to me. After all, there were very few mannerisms that were apparent. Especially if you disregard the gait. Yeah, hands in pockets, but that’s relatively common, no? I also think he’s fast and coordinated.... could be any age. Just MOO

Wondering how it came to be that the one guy (first sketch) was cleared at the same time new image was decided upon. As in, why two years to clear original BG? Is he a witness who solidfied their belief in sketch two? Or what...seems odd that both things happened at once, as if the first guy had been cleared sooner, surely LE would have said? Removed his image from circulation?

IMHO read Delphi Murders on Wikipedia. It lists suspects who were interviewed and cleared two suspects matched the initial sketch, but were cleared.
Both had records that would make them excellent candidates.
So new sketch is released based on an eyewitness the day after the crime was committed. Perhaps there are two suspects a father/son who look similar both baby faced with reddish hair? Not sure.

This investigation is very frustrating. I am also wondering about federal level oversight and coordination. The FBI for example seems less involved in these murders than they have been in other child killings. Do they have to be invited in?

I take the ‘new direction’ and ‘just starting’ comments to refer not only to the recent sketch but to the profile of the murderer they are working with and especially overcoming LE’s own denial of evil in their daily midst. Of course this guy is local, of course he is hiding in plain sight, they have interviewed him (or someone he knows) and of course someone knows who he is. But IMO the possible suspects they have been pursuing for 2 years are known or recently discovered sex offenders, men with police records, obvious connections to other murders, the landowner, etc. Their blinders are coming off and they are telling this to the murderer; the German and Williams families; the Delphi community; the world.

It is frustrating that it has taken 2 years to get here, but better late than never.

that truck you see is not what i was referring to let the camera continue panning right.

also i just went back and listened to the latest presser again, listen closely @ 1:33 and beyond he did state" there was a vehicle abandoned" at the old welfare building.

Abandoned? No one ever claimed it? or it was gone later. Interesting.

Just a hunch, but I think enough time has passed that they sat down and re-reviewed the case from the start. Renewed efforts and study revealed buried facts, once seemingly unimportant, that jumped out at investigators. That info combined with evidence gathered over time such as phone pings, possible partial DNA match, etc., has re-booted their efforts and concentration. How many cold cases have we seen where investigators were initially pulled in one direction, but with a fresh set of eyes and time, were able to sift through and discover something obvious. I'm hoping...
Good post. These are my thoughts exactly.

What colleges end class that early? No. Doubt BG is that young, doubt it's from Delphi, but likely from adjacent areas, seems a well-experienced person. I don't give the wording at PC too much weight. The sheer fact that two years later LE asks now asks about a car parked there says a lot: things/opportunities were missed. Lot of patch-up work now, unfortunately.

Maybe they cleared the suspect with the car because he was too young to match the BG photo/video? Now, they notice he matches Sketch #2 so going back to the car again?

I’m not entirely convinced that they are necessarily as different as you appear to think they are. I think we are still learning about the psyche of the mass shooter and it would not surprise me if there is crossover.or more than one type. Especially in murders not sexually motivated. Revenge. Power.

You may be right. Take the coward who took Jayme Closs and killed her parents. He's a typical mass murderer type, IMO. He could've easily been the type to shoot up a school or church.

Disgruntled losers who feel entitled to something they don't have. Like authority. Or a certain type of girl. Unresolved anger issues.

I don't know for sure. I don't think I'm great at profiling this type of murderer. Family annihilators or mass shooter/terrorist types, I think I do alright. But not these types of killers.

I've been so surprised on a few occasions when the perp turned out to be a juvenile. Just baffled. Never could've predicted that.

And I think there's so many variables.

One thing I also don't think is certain is that he will strike again. They don't always.

Priest-penitent privileges exist in most of the US, so a priest would not be able to disclose a confession.

https://www.law.indiana.edu/instruction/tanford/b723/11priv/R11.pdf

It is a complicated thing. Doctor-client privileges are even more strict, but when it comes to murdering kids, won't the fear for other community members, other kids, prevail? It is more ethics than anything else. After all, a priest who absolves the sin but leaves a potential serial killer on the loose, is taking a grave responsibility. A priest is not God, he is as human as everyone else.

It is unconscionable not to turn in the killer if the family knows. They should have done so by now. The fact that they haven't is extremely troubling to the point of them becoming accessories, IMO. They should know that the loss of a child is the worst thing, and they need to assist in justice. Anything else is purely selfish. They do not have the right to withhold justice from the grieving families and the girls. They are withholding dignity and respect from the victims by not coming forward. Their inaction is an action of the worst kind. IF they know or suspect...

I think the killer might appear narcissistic, but inside, is very scared. He has rationalized what has happened, with certain help, probably, and built the whole system to explain it, but IRL, alone, he is close to the breaking point. His inner defense is exceptionally weak.

And the problem is, that to confide, he has to acknowledge that he is weak, not strong, and take off the mask. He is afraid of the anger of the people of Delphi, he is also afraid that everyone will see him for who he is. I see his dilemma, but I hope he will find the strength.

The family might be way past the God complex, and merely scared for their child, as we all would be. Especially if the child is weak, or has a disability.

Putting myself in their shoes, I see only one way out, the one that could also somehow help the victims' families.

ETA - sorry, duplicate post

It is unconscionable not to turn in the killer if the family knows. They should have done so by now. The fact that they haven't is extremely troubling to the point of them becoming accessories, IMO. They should know that the loss of a child is the worst thing, and they need to assist in justice. Anything else is purely selfish. They do not have the right to withhold justice from the grieving families and the girls. They are withholding dignity and respect from the victims by not coming forward. Their inaction is an action of the worst kind. If they know or suspect

I think the killer might appear narcissistic, but inside, is very scared. He has rationalized what has happened, with certain help, probably, and built the whole system to explain it, but IRL, alone, he is close to the breaking point. His inner defense is exceptionally weak.

And the problem is, that to confide, he has to acknowledge that he is weak, not strong, and take off the mask. He is afraid of the anger of the people of Delphi, he is also afraid that everyone will see him for who he is. I see his dilemma, but I hope he will find the strength.

The family might be way past the God complex, and merely scared for their child, as we all would be. Especially if the child is weak, or has a disability.

Putting myself in their shoes, I see only one way out, the one that could also somehow help the victims' families.

I am still firmly in the camp that I feel encouraged, rather than discouraged, by the most recent PC. LE has taken this new direction for a reason, and it is likely based on a new piece of physical evidence.

With that said, I am really struggling to comprehend the fact that the sketches are not the same person (to be clear, I do not believe that LE is lying). Honestly, it is not that the sketches look nothing alike that I keep getting hung up on. In fact, that would be a much easier thing for me to accept. It is the fact that the two sketches, who bare little if any resemblance to each other, represent the exact same underlying characteristics of BG - reddish-brown hair, same weight range, and the same height range. How unbelievably uncanny is that? There are two sketches of two entirely different people who look nothing alike.... except for the key published information. The only explanation that I can think of that rectifies those inconsistencies sounds crazier than the uncanny coincidence. Does anyone else have any thoughts?

Coming back to the two descriptions, LE has not wavered from the fact that the girls' murderer has reddish-brown hair. I wonder if LE found a hair on one of the girls. BG did make some mistakes...

I really do believe that LE has found something significant to move this investigation forward!

What weight and height range have we seen given?

I would definitely stay vigilant if I was a local. If the killer is in college. Classes are out for summer in approx. two weeks. No evidence the two girls were targeted vs a random crime of opportunity. So, he could strike again.
Any missing persons/sexual assault/assault crimes in neighboring cities? In about 20-30 minutes radius in the past five years?
Excellent point college out and press conference was right after Easter some schools could have been closed.

Would love to see that video if allowed. This guy may have volunteered to search and was the friendly neighbor for the past two years.

Someone posted it here. I've looked and can't find it. I think actually on the last thread. It was a news video from before the bodies were found and featured two young guys who were searching when it was dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234