Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem that a lot of people are facing (including me), is that from the time the initial sketch was released, we associated it with the still of BG from Libby’s video.

So it’s hard to unsee that, and not imagine this guy as some creep in his mid 40s.

Law enforcement clearly believes this man is much younger, and that newly released sketch is an accurate depiction, but it’s hard for me to see that face, on the guy in the video.

What is interesting is that he appears to be unkempt and poorly dressed/groomed from the grainy image.

He DOES look creepy.:eek:

An accomplished, intelligent predator looking for a young girl/girls would probably dress and act differently.

Someone walking a dog or puppy, dressed in hiking gear or wearing a uniform -- something inspiring trust. Everything about this photo screams sloppy creep, who doesn't pay enough attention to details.

Probably someone in the community who enjoyed hurting animals as a kid, setting fires, exposing himself and now his thrills have escalated.

He's going down soon, I hope.

Edited to jinx! Similar post at the same time regarding animal cruelty and arson.

moo

Last edited:
Absolutely. There would be some warning signs in the form of lesser, but disturbing crimes.

Peeping, underwear thief, exhibitionism, molestation, rape, burglary, arson, animal cruelty; something.

This didn’t come out of nowhere.

So if he is a local... how many disturbed young adults might there be with (possibly repeated) arrests like that back to their teenage years? I am not going to go looking at arrest reports on the Carroll County Comet, and it wouldn’t be allowed here, anyway. But I wonder... IMO.

Can someone explain to me, slowly and carefully, how the two sketches can be two different people and yet both be BG?
I'm sure others will chime in, but I found an earlier article that confirms the first sketch released in 2017 came from the FBI. They had witness statements but I believe they used software to make the sketch from the video. That is why they refer to it as a composite. The ISP artist who made the recently released sketch said there was no law enforcement input in his sketch. That says to me there can be sketches in which LE interprets what the witness is describing to fit their top suspect. Since LE have now said the first sketch from the FBI is another guy entirely, we know he was never BG. He was their suspect and since BG is covered up in the video they used their own input for who he was. When he was arrested they had to start over and then realized a witness saw him without his head and face covered. Maybe some other new information has helped as well. Maybe the FBI was leading the investigation most of the last 2 years and ISP has finally been able to "get started" as the lead agency. But in any case, the first sketch with facial hair and jowls was never BG. The new sketch is what BG really looks like under the head and face covering.

So if he is a local... how many disturbing young adults might there be with (possibly repeated) arrests like that back to their teenage years? I am not going to back looking at arrest reports on the Carroll County Comet, and it wouldn’t be allowed here, anyway. But I wonder... IMO.
This is why I think he’s younger than most people think he is.

Someone without an extensive record, or someone who has gotten lucky in regards to getting caught.

Law enforcement knows that there would have been prior criminal behavior, and they would have taken a close look at anyone who fit the bill.

This person may have benefited by his age.

Absolutely. There would be some warning signs in the form of lesser, but disturbing crimes.

Peeping, underwear thief, exhibitionism, molestation, rape, burglary, arson, animal cruelty; something.

This didn’t come out of nowhere.

I completely get what you're saying, and that's very likely true.

But, then again, there's this anecdotal bit I've just remembered:

As a young kid, there was an Associate Pastor at the church my family attended.
Dude was in his mid-30s, married, with kids. Seemingly upstanding man of the cloth.

He donned a disguise and committed over a dozen armed bank robberies in the area.
He was robbing the banks to pay for hookers.
No prior (known) history of criminal behavior.

That guy was hiding in plain sight. Up in the pulpit, even.

Granted, it's not a perfect parallel as this guy didn't kill anyone like BG did.
But they may profile similarly. Sexual element, high risk behaviors, possible religious connections.

Just some food for thought.

JMO.

Last edited:
This is for Kl1023 if you haven't found it yet. You wanted the posts in the Image thread that were made by adjusting BG's face because it looked like originally there were two video pictures of his head spliced together. (higher on HIS left side)This adjustment(actually she mirrored his head)was made by WebSight on page 6 and post #106. I wish she would get back on here but haven't seen her since the thread shut down last year for 5 months.

oh wow!! thank you!! i'm eager to go look again

This is why I think he’s younger than most people think he is.

Someone without an extensive record, or someone who has gotten lucky in regards to getting caught.

Law enforcement knows that there would have been prior criminal behavior, and they would have taken a close look at anyone who fit the bill.

This person may have benefited by his age.

Yes, it is starting to make sense. Hope you are right and the multi-agency task force is on his tail.

I remember there being several posts back in the beginning threads of this case about a possible connection between Abby and Libby and Lyric and Lizzie. In at least one of the posts someone posted something that could just be a VERY strange coincidence or could point to a link between the two cases. I'm sure this was discussed back then so maybe some of the long-term followers of this thread can comment on this -

Lyric & Lizzie were killed on July 13, 2012 7/13/12 71312
Abby & Libby were killed on February 13, 2017 2/13/17 21317

The dates being mirror images of each other really hit home for me because I have two sons who are 21 years apart and, despite there being 365 days in a year, the older one was born March 28th - 328 - and the younger one was born August 23rd - 823. After the death of my older son just months after Abby & Libby were killed, I found some comfort in this uncanny numerical connection - believing that it was a "sign" that the two brothers had a more-than-typical connection from the beginning.
So sorry for your loss. The numbers are very interesting. Have you called this in?

I think everyone will be shocked when they find out who it is. There’s a reason they said everything they did in that press conference, and IMO he’s a “religious” person who struggles with some deep issues (obviously if you can murder 2 girls.)

I’m guessing he’s mid 20’s and probably has a well known family and no one would suspect it’s him. If my theory about being religious is right, I think eventually the guilt will become too much for whomever is covering for him. I haven’t taken time to sleuth anyone, this is just my theory in general.

Pressure busts the pipe! This case will be solved, and justice will come.

ALL JMO

Edited for spelling error

Last edited:
I completely get what you're saying, and that's very likely true.

But,then, there's this anecdotal bit I've just remembered:

As a young kid, there was an Associate Pastor at the church my family attended.
Dude was in his mid-30s, married, with kids. Seemingly upstanding man of the cloth.

He donned a disguise and committed over a dozen armed robberies in the area.
He was robbing the banks to pay for hookers.
No prior history of criminal behavior.

This guy was hiding in plain sight. Up in the pulpit, even.

Granted, it's not a perfect parallel as this guy didn't kill anyone like BG did, but they may profile similarly. Sexual element, high risk behaviors, possible religious connections.

Just some food for thought.

JMO.

There seems to he a lot of that kind of behavior by young men in strict religious upbringings. Catholic priest scandals and Josh Duggar are good examples.

My pleasure. Hope it’s helpful for those who can’t watch )

Dear @margarita25,

You are such a treasure, sharing your time to transcribe the HLN panel discussion show today.:)

Your superb insight, compassion and kindness show why you are such an integral part of Websleuths!

Thank you so much! You are greatly appreciated!!:):):)

Last edited:
I think the problem that a lot of people are facing (including me), is that from the time the initial sketch was released, we associated it with the still of BG from Libby’s video.

So it’s hard to unsee that, and not imagine this guy as some creep in his mid 40s.

Law enforcement clearly believes this man is much younger, and that newly released sketch is an accurate depiction, but it’s hard for me to see that face, on the guy in the video.

ok I know its here but i'm lazy anybody have the very first ISP video still released handy

thx in advance and feel free to criticize my laziness

So if he is a local... how many disturbed young adults might there be with (possibly repeated) arrests like that back to their teenage years? I am not going to go looking at arrest reports on the Carroll County Comet, and it wouldn’t be allowed here, anyway. But I wonder... IMO.

Kids who torture and abuse animals are often let off even if they're caught, because LE don't take it seriously.

The image of this guy just shouts out misfit, loitering and unkempt. Someone women of his age recoil from and reject which makes him angry.

He's probably someone who doesn't fit in with his peers, doesn't have a meaningful career, never established committed ties in his community.

The girls likely picked up on these signals which is why his voice and image were recorded.

He's not a typical "BTK" type as yet.

I disagree with those who think he's done other crimes and has experience. Or at least I don't think he's done anything that's gotten him in hot water with the law. It seems pretty clear LE is hinting at someone leading a double life, hiding in plain sight - as in a clean cut, outwardly upstanding person. I believe they have DNA from the crime scene, but his DNA is not in the database because he's never been arrested for anything significantly criminal. MOO. Of course, that doesn't mean he hasn't committed deviant behavior before, just that he hasn't been caught doing it. I lean towards the idea that the compulsion to do what he did was driving the boldness/risk of the crime he ultimately perpetrated. It was a build up of stresses which reached a boiling point, I think. I also haven't ruled out that he knew of/was familiar with one of the girls - perhaps through a group activity. For example Libby's church or her visits to Purdue classes.

BBM:
Just because he hasn't been caught doesn't mean he hasn't committed acts of cruelty, theft and other deviant crimes that flew under the radar because he's sneaky, cunning and lucky.

Its unlikely that someone would just be driven to commit something as serious as murder and possible sexual assault etc (details of the murders not released by LE) without trying out other thrill crimes and deviances first. And although we don't have the details of the murders yet, I have a horrible feeling they were sexually inclined.

The grainy image of BG doesn't strike me as someone clean cut or upwardly standing in the community. He looks menacing and unkempt, someone who doesn't really fit in and resents it.

He's done other stuff he's gotten away with and he's escalating, sloppy and is probably trembling after realizing he's not as clever as he thinks he is after the LE info released on the 22nd April.

moo

Last edited:
My pleasure. Hope it’s helpful for those who can’t watch (if you can get through the typos :( )
Thank you for transcribing today! I'm one of those who doesn't get the HLN channel.

Typos? I see no typos. ;) Or am I just fluent in the Margarita-ese typing & language arts? :D

Seriously, appreciate your time and devotion to so many cases & threads here @ Websleuths. Not the least of which, of course, is here with us in Abby & Libby's thread.

God bless you, Margarita25.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members