Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly o/t, I just remembered another case involving a double homicide of two little girls. Iirc, the perp said he saw them and thought they were monsters or evil or something so he killed them? Anyone remember that case? I doubt this is the case here but just thought I’d mention it, that there’s actually more double homicide child girl cases than one might think. I’ve come across quite a few of them over the years, some dating way back (not related, perps in custody, etc).

Hopefully it will be posted online shortly after. Or if someone local sees this, please share details.
I think it has to do with this (MOO):
Kelsi's Twitter account, @LibertyG_sister, was created after Kelsi met Michelle Cruz.

Cruz's sister was one of the victims of the Golden State Killer. The Golden State Killer was arrested and convicted last year after four decades of killing and assaulting people.

Before he was caught, Cruz was outspoken on social media, and she encouraged Kelsi to do the same with the Delphi case.
Sister of Delphi murder victim turns to Twitter to help find killer

Like I said I really don't know if Carter brought up The Shack for a more specific purpose than what it appeared. I didn't get the feeling that anything in it would touch BG's conscience and he'd repent and turn himself in. Part of what was in the podcast linked yesterday is what brought this to my attention. They suggested (paraphrasing) that BG had probably been scouting out the bridge and trails, planning the murder even possibly setting up the lair (murder site).

In the book, Mack's daughter Missy had been abducted and murdered but her body hadn't been found. LE found the shack with evidence of her murder but this serial killer always hid the bodies and none of his multiple victims had been found. Nor had the killer been identified or caught.

Papa (God) sent a note to Mack and asked him to meet Him at the shack. Toward the end of Mack's visit, Papa led him to Missy's body. It was a long walk to get there but when they started out Papa pointed to a small red arc on a tree at the beginning of the path. As they went along they came across rocks and other trees that had this same mark. The killer had previously marked the trail to hide his next victim. In time LE was able to identify the perp through evidence found. They also located the truck he had stolen and used in the abduction.

IMO if BG did plan and prepare for the murders and his escape, he very well may have marked trees, twigs or rocks in order to get in and out ASAP without getting caught. And what if the vehicle at the abandoned plant was stolen? If either of these happened then Carter IMO told BG we know.

Or maybe Carter is just hoping and praying that BG will come clean.
Interesting, thank you.

I wonder if he’s an alcoholic.

Unlikely, IMHO, unless he's mixing alcohol with narcotics and becoming more aggressive.

Alcohol makes people sloppy and lethargic. They'd be bold and brazen but forget about DNA and other things left behind to trace back to them.

Violent, impulse killings may occur when mixing alcohol with weed or PCP/narcotics, but usually child killers like this are not just your basic alcoholics. They don't want their senses impaired when committing crimes like this because they want to remember and relive every detail of their compulsion in absolute clarity.

And if this horror was sexually orientated, which I think it was, alcohol may render the person impotent and his goal is to prove he can perform and have control and clear memory of the event.

moo

Last edited:
That’s what I don’t get, a sex predator was arrested that was there the same day, who had originally been identified as the killer, yet he wasn’t the killer. New suspect introduced.
It is hard to believe, but I guess not impossible?

What I've wondered is if BG somehow knew, or had seen, the recently arrested pedophile, CE, and when BG was approached by LE (or "helpfully" came forward on his own) he told them that he'd seen a "suspicious guy" on the trail that day and deliberately described CE to LE. Consequently, LE went with the sketch of the older man "seen on the trail" rather than with the sketch of the younger man only "seen near the trail." I know that seems unlikely, but the similarity between the first-released sketch and CE is uncanny, IMO.
All speculation on my part.

The first sentence is a paraphrase of what Carter said at the press conference. We've been discussing that for the past week on the threads.

Everything following that sentence in my post is "in my opinion," which I indicated by with "IMO" two times and "I think," and "perhaps." I ended the post with "jmo."

Please alert me if there is an error and I will correct my post, but I'm not seeing it.
The first sentence is a misrepresentation of what he said. IMO, of course. Not a big deal, but I thought maybe I missed something.

I found this old link when sketch #1 was announced. Reading about is almost déjà vu but what I wanted to add, apparently the woman who saw this man was not on the trail, but somewhere “near”.

BBM

July 17, 2017
“Police say the sketch of the suspect is based off witness tips, including one woman who told police she saw this man near the Delphi Historic Trails the day Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered.”
Police release sketch of man accused of murdering Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams

"Near the Delphi Historic Trails" could mean the woman saw him in the old Welfare Building parking lot near the vehicle Super Carter mentioned during the presser. Maybe LE is looking for other witness who might be able to backup her account and add more information.

This seems like a random murder where anybody he came across even if it was 2 adult women or even men alone, they would have been murdered. Thats my opinion.

Why would someone like this man in the grainy image who appears unfit or strong risk killing a man? Usually a motive would be to rob, get drugs, kill a guy and rape his girlfriend, or a gang initiation. A gun would be used to overpower another man. None of those indicators are here. Robbery or any of the former was likely not a motive.

I think he's a psychopathic bully who preys upon those weaker than him. These are thrill kills on very innocent young women based on those who possibly rejected him in the past or he wants to overpower.

If he wanted to kill randomly he'd use a gun and so far there is no hint from LE that a gun was used.

IMHO this is a male who preys upon younger women for a thrill, sexual kill. He has zero interest in men or anyone of his own size. He is trying to become a BTK like Dennis Rader but still can't blend in with the community because he's an outcast.

MOO

Last edited:
I wouldn't think it necessarily means anything. It's journalistic cliche to say it was a brutal murder, just like it's always a fiery accident if the car catches fire.

Any murder scene of two children would be brutal. Especially considering everyone seemed to feel confident they were simply lost...not murdered. Jmo

LE indicated quite early on that they have not found a connection to L and L. It is to be noted, however, that Lizzie and Lyric were not found for quite a while and my understanding is that evidence collected is likely limited considering exposure to the elements and degradation.

Also, the numbers were brought up two years ago...would not be surprised if someone called it in at that time.

I’ve seen some people say the hair on the sketch is curly/wavy. Am I the only one who sees straight but styled? Like when guys use gel or whatever to make it stick up? Kind of like a messy look?
I think it looks like a wig, the hairline looks too perfect to me. Maybe that's because it's a sketch and not a photograph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper