Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I think he’s younger than most people think he is.

Someone without an extensive record, or someone who has gotten lucky in regards to getting caught.

Law enforcement knows that there would have been prior criminal behavior, and they would have taken a close look at anyone who fit the bill.

This person may have benefited by his age.

Very good point!

Re: the role of religion, I think it’s definitely something to explore, but I think it’s important not to get hung up on it. Religion has almost become part of the mythology surrounding BG. Some people seem to be taking it for granted that he is a clergy member or member of an isolationist religious community. Although those categories certainly are not exempt from violent offenders, they aren’t any more likely to offend than the population at large.

Hi all,
I see Dr. Casey Jordan responded to a comment on Facebook and furthered her thoughts on the case. This is about an hour ago, I can quote it/post it if it isn't against any policies?
If the Facebook page is MSM or LE, you can share the link. Normally we cannot post comments (replies to posts) but we can drop a hint. However, since Dr. Jordan is an expert, that may be an exception? Send a message to a moderator and ask . I’m interested in learning more.

I'm hoping this live broadcast will be on you tube later as I'm not able to watch right now.

Sounds pretty interesting so far.

I got a little bored during the ole “coffee cup trick” discussion, but other than that I thought it was really interesting to hear all of their opinions. There was nothing said there I don’t think that hasn’t been said here, but I thought it was excellent, excellent exposure for the case as they showed the necessary sketch and audio/video many, many times. I think this show likely has reached new audience members today. It also made me feel encouraged that all these guys are optimistic. (See you don’t have to be young to use the word “guys”.)

ETA: I’m realizing I referred to Casey as CG because I misheard her last name as “George” and not “Jordan”, sorry about that.

Last edited:
Watching the HLN story now..thanks Margarita for the updates earlier!

Looking at the footage they’re showing, I’d be SHOCKED if this person wasn’t local and very familiar with that bridge. I don’t think he has any of the physical disabilities people have suggested. This guy knew what he was doing. All JMO.

This is a non-enhanced cropped still from the video released by ISP. I can definitely see youthfulness there. The fair skin and possibly reddish brown hair. I also see a hoodie pulled over his head. I also see very thin legs, possibly slightly bowed.

View attachment 181787
Oh my goodness. I totally see the hoodie now. All I could see was a cap before.

jmo

Very good point!

Re: the role of religion, I think it’s definitely something to explore, but I think it’s important not to get hung up on it. Religion has almost become part of the mythology surrounding BG. Some people seem to be taking it for granted that he is a clergy member or member of an isolationist religious community. Although those categories certainly are not exempt from violent offenders, they aren’t any more likely to offend than the population at large.
I agree. I don’t think there’s a religious connection, atleast in the way that some people may be thinking.

It’s possible that he has become religious since committing this crime, but that’s by no means a given.

Adding to my previous thoughts, Indiana is a part of the Bible Belt and Christianity is kind of integrated into people’s everyday parlance and activities. Whereas in, say, San Francisco, you’d never hear a public official talk about God or Heaven, it’s not out of the ordinary that public officials in small-town Indiana would reference those things. I’m on the fence about the movie The Shack...it seems so esoteric to me (I’d never heard of it) but apparently it’s popular among the contemporary Christian community so maybe it’s not noteworthy that Carter dwelled on it.

I didn't know either. I googled, "the significance of the number 13 in Christianity ," and that's what came up.

I hope you don’t mind me butting in. I always thought it was because one of them (Jesus) died. The implication being that if a group of 13 have dinner, one may die soon.

Sorry to be morbid.

Absolutely. There would be some warning signs in the form of lesser, but disturbing crimes.

Peeping, underwear thief, exhibitionism, molestation, rape, burglary, arson, animal cruelty; something.

This didn’t come out of nowhere.
Growing up around an Arson Investigator I have learned a lot about what sexuality in a criminal sense is, a lot of Arsonists and Burglars get off on destroying, violating and the notion of power over people. Kinda said it before but I double down on that sentiment, I think this guy has some complexities when it comes to why and how he carries things out even if he is somewhat of a average Joe. A lot of those guys who are less self controlled (as much as someone like that can be) usually get busted like you said for lesser but equally as deranged crimes. The voyeuristic aspect seems more likely than arsonist to me, arsonists are usually more delusional or unhinged; there may be a few serial arsonists who don't get caught out of intellect or methodical planning, but most don't get caught solely because fire destroys evidence and they tend to start them in fields, abandoned buildings etc. This person feels very comfortable around people and seemingly talking to them. There has never been any notion that I know of that LE has more audio, so the context I got out of the audio was less demanding and more influencing. He talks how an authority figure talks, but without being aggressive. Starts Low, rolls out to high to carry his voice. I think Exhibitionism, Voyeurism (including stealing personal items), Burglary, Animal Cruelty and Domestic Violence are the things he is more likely to have been involved with if anything. All those crimes are very selfish, arson is a possibility but I doubt it would be serial or even patterned (may have experimented with it)

I read here earlier that according to a podcast the man known as the original BG sketch had been arrested. Is there any more information on this, or has it been verified?

Remember there was a guy who looked like the original sketch arrested? This new direction came after that. I'm speculating about an uncooperative witness under arrest for a different crime, ruled out, yet connected somehow but can't be charged.

I read here earlier that according to a podcast the man known as the original BG sketch had been arrested. Is there any more information on this, or has it been verified?

Yes, I saw that earlier as well and it seems inexplicable to me that is how the original sketch was ruled out. Someone here might have a handy link, and it might have come from the HLN segment from today. I will have to go back and look at Margarita’s transcript (thank you).

It seems the original sketch gained enough attention, when it was all boiled down, the first sketch wasn’t the murderer of Abby and Libby, but some other kind of deviant, and there were two deviants around the the bridge that day.

Coincidence? That would be hard to swallow.

Would like to hear from the rest of you what that means, because I have always thought of BG as a lone wolf. Not quite willing to die on that hill, though. IMO.

Kids who torture and abuse animals are often let off even if they're caught, because LE don't take it seriously.

The image of this guy just shouts out misfit, loitering and unkempt. Someone women of his age recoil from and reject which makes him angry.

He's probably someone who doesn't fit in with his peers, doesn't have a meaningful career, never established committed ties in his community.

The girls likely picked up on these signals which is why his voice and image were recorded.

He's not a typical "BTK" type as yet.

BBM:
Just because he hasn't been caught doesn't mean he hasn't committed acts of cruelty, theft and other deviant crimes that flew under the radar because he's sneaky, cunning and lucky.

Its unlikely that someone would just be driven to commit something as serious as murder and possible sexual assault etc (details of the murders not released by LE) without trying out other thrill crimes and deviances first. And although we don't have the details of the murders yet, I have a horrible feeling they were sexually inclined.

The grainy image of BG doesn't strike me as someone clean cut or upwardly standing in the community. He looks menacing and unkempt, someone who doesn't really fit in and resents it.

He's done other stuff he's gotten away with and he's escalating, sloppy and is probably trembling after realizing he's not as clever as he thinks he is after the LE info released on the 22nd April.

moo
Great points AND there are hundreds of unsolved crimes out there including murder so until he’s caught theres no way to know what he has done prior...

Yes, like perhaps stolen or borrowed for the afternoon or simply registered to more than one owner (husband/wife; father/son etc...) or registered as a company vehicle.

I think it is very relevant that when Carter 'got down to business' with the presser (after thanking the community for their support) the first thing he said was: 'we are seeking the identity of the driver of a vehicle parked at the old CPS building...'. This is the key piece of evidence they need, IMO, to nail their suspect. LE knows the make/model and maybe even the plate # of the vehicle that was there, they just don't know or can't prove who was driving it without a witness.

Makes me wonder as well if it's a vehicle that was "shared", such as a vehicle owned by a business or company. The emphasis by LE was definitely on "the driver" and not "the owner".

delphi2.png

Ok here is the original, non super duper enhanced ISP via Fox 59

So sorry for your loss. The numbers are very interesting. Have you called this in?

LE indicated quite early on that they have not found a connection to L and L. It is to be noted, however, that Lizzie and Lyric were not found for quite a while and my understanding is that evidence collected is likely limited considering exposure to the elements and degradation.

Last edited:
thanks for noticing that. I always wonder about that with criminals - they almost all seem to have it.

I read a post within the last hour that i can not find now. The poster pointed out that the new sketch bg has sanpaku eyes.
I had not noticed this before and find it interesting. Did the sketch artist draw the eyes this way because the witness described seeing 3whites? If so the witness had to be close. Or are they just eyes the witness said look similar without realizing sanpaku is not super common?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper