Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he has already told family or friend??

I don't I have a real hard time thinking someone could know who has done this and not inform LE.

I Think someone probably has suspicions but maybe doesn't know for sure though.

I guess I'm naive but if anyone came to me and told me they had done this I would tell LE for sure so I kind of think most other people would too.
I don't think he's told anyone about the murders but I do think it's possible he may have bragged about something close to this crime like maybe bragging about a 'threesome' with 2 virgin
girls. moo.
Also remember, in order to have done this gruesome crime,
perp has NO EMPATHY so he's not the least worried about shaming his family. He got his kicks out of this for selfish reasons. But it could be related to resentment against some
in his family. Possibly early childhood abuse or trauma. moo

Absolutely. Everything points towards either a key witness or piece of evidence recently emerging which has given LE a new and promising avenue towards prosecuting the culprit of these crimes.

In the presser, they said we may have interviewed someone close to you. What if in the last month they have interviewed someone close to BG. He would know that.

And so would the person who is close to him that was recently interviewed and possibly wondered why they were being interviewed. And they may discuss it with BG? And add stress to BG?

Initially, something would have led LE to this man's home, whatever it was. He was cleared of involvement. It's within the realm of possibility that this innocent man may have some connection to the killer without even knowing it. A friend of a child a friend of a friend? I get the feeling BG grew up in Delphi and knew that area well. Frequented the foot bridge as a teen himself, with his buds. All just MOO :)
I agree. I have my doubts he still lives in the area. Maybe living now in a larger city such as Lafayette, Indianapolis or, who knows, maybe Chicago IL or Louisville KY. BUT I believe he was there at one time - either as a resident or a frequent visitor to a relative in Delphi - and he is familiar with the trails.
Compared to the first sketch released this new sketch, to me, just seems SO distinctive! It just appears that SOMEONE has to recognize him.

Two statements from DC at the recent PC, one at the beginning of the PC, one at the end, pretty much tell us that LE is back at square one:

"After you hear what we're going to release today I'm going to ask for your continued support, your continued understanding, your empathy and compassion as we move forward to find out who did this and we will."

"Please be patient with us. Please. We're just beginning. We are we are just now beginning. That I can tell you on behalf of the sheriff and the police chief so many other partners that have stood with us over this period of time that we will not stop."

For this reason, I don't think they're close to an arrest. I don't think they have a suspect.

First off I thought it would post a link not a redirect. I have been watching this story since it broke I've read many thoughts on tools/weapons that BG had on him and many thoughts on the condition of the girls bodies at their funeral. I believe BG has on oversized jeans. There appears imo that there is something long under one leg. I researched long square machetes after I watched a recent video round table discussion where one of the women clearly used the word machete as a weapon then added another type of weapon and looked rather suprised at her own comment when she blurted out machete so quickly. This webpage redirection, if you read it, tells someone how to hang or attach a machete inside their pants. It also mentions having to wear larger sized pants in order to do it. It hit home imo on what that item may be in those jeans. Sorry it redirected.

Well, you didn’t preface any of this in your post. You stated “This page says everything in my opinion,” and the link only said, “You are being redirected...”

Looks like the post has now been deleted entirely, so I suppose I’m not the only one who thought it questionable. Maybe preview your post when adding a link?

Initially, something would have led LE to this man's home, whatever it was. He was cleared of involvement. It's within the realm of possibility that this innocent man may have some connection to the killer without even knowing it. A friend of a child a friend of a friend? I get the feeling BG grew up in Delphi and knew that area well. Frequented the foot bridge as a teen himself, with his buds. All just MOO :)

It appeared the tip directly related to the man who owned the property. As we don’t know the reason the tip was made, I think it’s presumptuous in guessing maybe an acquaintance of his was involved because that still focuses on this publicly cleared man once again. LE received the tip and would be aware of who made it and the reason why so I’m certain they’d also have followed up on any related possibilities long ago. JMO

Agree. I actually think the last thing he would want is notoriety. I don't understand the opposite opinion at all with regard to this crime.

I think they mean anonymous notoriety, especially with LE stating it was about power. Imagine knowing that you have an entire community gripped with fear and for so long. I think that fits the profile of someone who would commit such a heinous act.

I also am curious about the shift to a younger suspect - LE and FBI obviously know a lot more, but the leaving behind of the phone seems suspicious to me for a younger person who would be aware of phone tracking and other capabilities.

I know the "guys" has been analyzed to pieces, I do agree that everyone, from everywhere, uses that phrase, but when I (an adult) talk to younger kids, I tend to say "hey girls/boys" or other phrasing where as I definitely use "hey guys" to my peers or those closer to my age. So that piece of the puzzle makes me lean towards someone who was closer to the girls age (or at least not someone over 40).

Like all of you, can't help but be hopeful that all this activity means LE is close to getting this case solved and some semblance of justice and closure for these girls and the whole Delphi community. I can't imagine living there and side-eyeing every caucasian male from 18-50 :(

I agree. I have my doubts he still lives in the area. Maybe living now in a larger city such as Lafayette, Indianapolis or, who knows, maybe Chicago IL or Louisville KY. BUT I believe he was there at one time - either as a resident or a frequent visitor to a relative in Delphi - and he is familiar with the trails.
Compared to the first sketch released this new sketch, to me, just seems SO distinctive! It just appears that SOMEONE has to recognize him.
Agree! The LE Superintendent was very "deliberate" about his choice of words in the PC. They are on to BG. It's possible also that the perp somehow threw them or others off the trail early in the investigation. It happens. But now it appears the pieces have fallen together. JMO

It’s like when I say it to someone who’s not really paying attention to me, I say it with that upward intonation to get their attention. So, maybe they didn’t realize he was right behind them, or didn’t think he was going to speak to them.... or, maybe they were trying to ignore him hoping he would leave them alone.
Makes me wonder if he realized they were purposely avoiding him. All JMO

I work at a school, and that upward intonation of "guys" reminds me of the the way I'd address our Middle Schoolers who were either not moving quickly enough or talking when they should be listening. In my case it's polite impatience, with just the hint of a threat. And it's the hint of a threat part I hear when I hear him say "guys...." Like maybe the girls froze and he wanted them to keep moving. He also sounds like he's in complete control and knows it. IMHO

Two statements from DC at the recent PC, one at the beginning of the PC, one at the end, pretty much tell us that LE is back at square one:

"After you hear what we're going to release today I'm going to ask for your continued support, your continued understanding, your empathy and compassion as we move forward to find out who did this and we will."

"Please be patient with us. Please. We're just beginning. We are we are just now beginning. That I can tell you on behalf of the sheriff and the police chief so many other partners that have stood with us over this period of time that we will not stop."

For this reason, I don't think they're close to an arrest. I don't think they have a suspect.

They very well may have a lot of information to track down on a specific path that they now seem to be on

They have thousands of pages of background info on this case

When something comes along it is much easier now to verify and confirm or rule out

Make no mistake they are very far from square one

I agree, I don’t think they know for sure although they likely have several possibilities. By placing emphasis back on a perpetrator having, or did have, a direct connection to Delphi they are optimistic someone will come forward with the sort of very specific information they require.

The location where the car was parked, not in a public parking lot, strongly indicates he had local knowledge plus prior awareness of the trail IMO.

Within days of the murders police received a tip on this man, they executed a search warrant and he was publicly cleared. I’m quite sure it’s not a topic open for resleuthing here.

“Delphi police publicly cleared the man from the search warrant on Bicycle Bridge Road, but threats were posted on social media, prompting authorities to again tell people not to harass the man because he was not involved in the killings.”
High-publicity investigation means keeping a low profile
How s
Within days of the murders police received a tip on this man, they executed a search warrant and he was publicly cleared. I’m quite sure it’s not a topic open for resleuthing here.

“Delphi police publicly cleared the man from the search warrant on Bicycle Bridge Road, but threats were posted on social media, prompting authorities to again tell people not to harass the man because he was not involved in the killings.”
High-publicity investigation means keeping a low profile
How satisfying it will be to not only have justice for the girls but to have an end to all this shameful public finger pointing.jmo

I apologize if these two thoughts have been discussed already as I have not read through all of the threads since the PC:

1. Why wasn’t the extended audio (“guys”) released with the original audio? I don’t understand the difference between releasing now vs 2 years ago and why it could have been detrimental to the case early on. In other words why wasn’t “guys” released with “down the hill” from the get go? Wouldn’t that have provided more potential tips? I don’t see how that could have compromised the case 2 years ago.

2. “Guys” vs “down the hill” sounds totally different even though it is the same person (BG). Again I’m sure this has been discussed so apologies if I am repeating this point or if others have felt the same.

All MOO. Been following since the beginning and hoping for justice for Abby and Libby

Posters keep talking about the difference in intonation of the first and last part. I don't recall that when I listen to it. Can somebody bump the audio please to listen to again. It never hurts to bump what Law Enforcement wants everyone to hear. Thank you in advance.

I apologize if these two thoughts have been discussed already as I have not read through all of the threads since the PC:

1. Why wasn’t the extended audio (“guys”) released with the original audio? I don’t understand the difference between releasing now vs 2 years ago and why it could have been detrimental to the case early on. In other words why wasn’t “guys” released with “down the hill” from the get go? Wouldn’t that have provided more potential tips? I don’t see how that could have compromised the case 2 years ago.

2. “Guys” vs “down the hill” sounds totally different even though it is the same person (BG). Again I’m sure this has been discussed so apologies if I am repeating this point or if others have felt the same.

All MOO. Been following since the beginning and hoping for justice for Abby and Libby

Maybe the presser explained something to the people of Delphi. For the rest, it created a perfect havoc. All I understood was that he looked unusual in such a way that was known to the Delphians, had unusual mannerisms, and probably was as religious as Carter, hence, the Shack. The video was more telling than the audio, but maybe, the locals know more?

I am thinking about the DNA. I hope some was left at the crime scene, but there are situations when Parabon might hit a dead end.

International adoption is one.

Embryo donation is another one. Think of what a joke it would play with the mirror trees.

As others have suggested the current sketch would also make sense if LE lost faith in the “witness” who helped create the originally published sketch.

That could have happened for any number of innocuous reasons. But it’s interesting to imagine how LEs recent actions fit w/a scenario where that witness has now become the suspect.

With all the religious overtones at the PC, and the quote of having lost faith, that is a good consideration.

We know now that the new sketch was done about three days after the killing. And the video was not released to the public for some time.

Considering that the video may have been released to some people prior to the public, and that person gave a sketch which we all think looks like the video,( or at least we did before) makes one think twice As You Are that the person who gave the sketch made it match as to what was seen in the video?

That could definitely explain why the sheriff seemed so consternated and rubbing his head and some other words that he made. I would like to know who was involved in making that first sketch also.

I am thinking about the DNA. I hope some was left at the crime scene, but there are situations when Parabon might hit a dead end.

International adoption is one.

Embryo donation is another one. Think of what a joke it would play with the mirror trees.
What are mirror trees, please?
Good points about this man possibly being non-biological to parents. I suspected that a while back.

I am reading alot (maybe too much?) with Carter's reference to the movie, the Shack.

I read the book when it first came out (I honestly didn't really think much of it when I read it) I have not seen the movie.

I do think that that the key to this case and Carter's reference to The Shack lies in the last few sections of the book. It is interesting if you try to correlate what happens in the book to this case and try to put things together.

Just some food for thought on a Friday morning.

LE may well have far more to lead them in the direction of who did this. But releasing a sketch that, in my opinion, is so far removed in resemblance to the first sketch released does not inspire confidence in LE. That plus those statements above don't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roiana