Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two statements from DC at the recent PC, one at the beginning of the PC, one at the end, pretty much tell us that LE is back at square one:

"After you hear what we're going to release today I'm going to ask for your continued support, your continued understanding, your empathy and compassion as we move forward to find out who did this and we will."

"Please be patient with us. Please. We're just beginning. We are we are just now beginning. That I can tell you on behalf of the sheriff and the police chief so many other partners that have stood with us over this period of time that we will not stop."

For this reason, I don't think they're close to an arrest. I don't think they have a suspect.
Unfortunately I agree with you.

I don't think he's in custody yet, as the Officer holding the conference mentions, he could be in the room.
What, IF Carter knew very well since start of the PC, that the suspect wasn't one of the guests in the room? What, if it was expected by LE to have him participating now after 2 years because of a certain reason? Had Carter said the same, if the suspect indeed had been present?
IF LE know the killer, they would have to deceive him until arrest, maybe. IMO

Well, if it’s a person and not a photo artifact resulting in a brain pattern error, I say it looks like the new Delphi POI drawing and that, if true, would place him at or near the lair at 2:07pm. Some with better imaging capability and someone who can locate that section of the river on the map would be helpful.

That image gave me the creeps. I dismissed it as artifacts and our brain wanting to see patterns in everything. You think it might be BG laying in wait under the bridge?

It seems to me there would be few men or college age boys with that curly hair. To me, that would be a dead giveaway to an identity.

Do you think he had on a wig? In the sketch, on both sides of the face, right around the cheeks and eyes, that area does not look like a smooth blend. It appears like an edge of a shower cap is sticking out. Something in that area catches my eye as not right.

I have a hard time with how all this went down, He could only strangle one at a time. Anyone, anyone, in that situation would have most likely run for their life if the other person they were with was being strangled. It’s pure survival instinct, Adrenalin kicks in and it’s fight or flight.

Maybe she did try to fight, tried jumping him from behind, or pummeled him with rocks or something. Or maybe he had already incapacitated her in some way. Stun gun, mace... ?
Those poor girls, the *advertiser censored* needs to go down.

He could have pulled a weapon on both and subdued them immediately Must people do not attempt to attack or run from someone holding a gun. That usually requires training. Or put a knife to one girl's throat then the other would follow orders to keep her friend safe. :( It's awful. I think self-defense should be taught in all PE classes starting in Pre-K.

It seems to me there would be few men or college age boys with that curly hair. To me, that would be a dead giveaway to an identity.

Do you think he had on a wig? In the sketch, on both sides of the face, right around the cheeks and eyes, that area does not look like a smooth blend. It appears like an edge of a shower cap is sticking out. Something in that area catches my eye as not right.
It's possible the hair is just a guess. LE hinted to look at body and
way of moving more than the face/hair. I would dismiss the hair/hairline after reading that comment from LE.

IMO, I don't believe this killer is looking for notoriety. When he's hopefully arrested and his identity is known, I think he will be ashamed (not remorseful). I also think his family and friends will be truly shocked and horrified. I don't believe this guy is a loner either.

Couldn't agree with you more, K9Enzo.

I'm willing to bet that not only does BG NOT want notoriety,..... rather, he wants and EXPECTS to "blend in" completely, and live out his lifespan as a free man.

And he thinks he's accomplished that because he hasn't been caught yet.

BG's not actually "hiding in plain site".

Because... he's not HIDING AT ALL.

It would not surprise me if we find out BG was walking those trails within a few hours/days/weeks of committing his horrific crime.

Why? Because he knew he could do it with impunity.

(my opinion only; based on varied life experiences)

Could be, but did you watch the HLN special the other day? The prominent length of the chin was focused on as the most notable unique feature in the sketch. Just curious where you’re coming from. TIA

I think two years the suspect BG had more baby fat he was two years younger 18-22 age range. Take away some baby fat and the long pointy chin and big, wide forehead are gonna be really prominent features. Maybe with receding hairline now.

Dear TTF14,

Thank you for this link!

When listening to the F.B.I. agents, I agree that the message to the public is not to look for a "monster". What he did was monstrous of course. Unfortunately "evil" doesn't always have an "evil" face or life would be simpler and safer.

Instead think back and also observe changes with people you see on a regular basis, not just family members. The friendly person you encounter often who always has a smile on his face. Your neighbor, your nephew, your friend.

Someone who "appears" to be the opposite of a monster. A regular everyday guy who you wouldn't "suspect" to be a "monster" but has done a monstrous deed.

I learned quite a bit from these podcasts. Thanks again for sharing the link!

I agree.I thought shower cap when I first saw it.
I think he could be wearing a wig
I think he was forensically aware so it follows he would want to cover his own hair. So I think he did disguise his normal hair.

Couldn't agree with you more, K9Enzo.

I'm willing to bet that not only does BG NOT want notoriety,..... rather, he wants and EXPECTS to "blend in" completely, and live out his lifespan as a free man.

And he thinks he's accomplished that because he hasn't been caught yet.

BG's not actually "hiding in plain site".

Because... he's not HIDING AT ALL.

It would not surprise me if we find out BG was walking those trails within a few hours/days/weeks of committing his horrific crime.

Why? Because he knew he could do it with impunity.

(my opinion only; based on varied life experiences)

That's what I'm picking up too. Hiding very publicly in plain sight. No one notices the "nice" boy that lives next door. Reminds me of Eddie Haskell, a real suck up to adults, so they don't focus on him, but a real jerk. but I'm willing to bet younger kids, teens think he's a creep and even mentioned it to their parents but they said, "oh, be nice..."

Well it could work like this.....the guy did something absolutely horrible, who knows why, but much like a little boy up to now he has been keeping his secret to himself although it’s eating at him day by day, a heavy burden he just can’t shake, he can’t forget. Because the focus on what he did just doesn’t go away, it’s always there. LE and all their press conferences and media comments, the families and their public appearances and pleas, posters are everywhere, even now a sketch that looks somewhat like him.

So yes, maybe LE is optimistic he’s might be at the breaking point of confessing to someone, anyone.

I would not exonerate the perp. He is not a little boy. He just has zero remorse.

Another perp did a horrible thing.
Girl, 15, stabbed and set on fire; met killer on Facebook, police say

He also had prior history of violence.

And yet he felt the remorse, and ran to his ex, crying, and told his parents, who told the police. He was horrified of what he did. Maybe he has anger issues and untreated mental illness for sure, but certain conscience he also has.

In the Delphi situation, there is no crying. There is fear, but the person is going on with his life, pretending everything is OK.

I just want to say that, that guy who stabbed a 15-year old, had prior prison convictions and is a scary guy. But in my eyes, he is a much better man than the Delphi killer. Because he was horrified, and cried, and told his ex, and told his parents. He had remorse, and he had horror.

This BG who is hiding and pretending things are OK...and God forbid he told anyone, and they did not alert the LE. Then these people are not only accessories to murder, they are miserable, despicable human beings.

Dear TTF14,

Thank you for this link!

When listening to the F.B.I. agents, I agree that the message to the public is not to look for a "monster". What he did was monstrous of course. Unfortunately "evil" doesn't always have an "evil" face or life would be simpler and safer.

Instead think back and also observe changes with people you see on a regular basis, not just family members. The friendly person you encounter often who always has a smile on his face. Your neighbor, your nephew, your friend.

Someone who "appears" to be the opposite of a monster. A regular everyday guy who you wouldn't "suspect" to be a "monster" but has done a monstrous deed.

I learned quite a bit from these podcasts. Thanks again for sharing the link!

In other words not looking for a transient, homeless drifter, an overweight addict or the usual boogeyman but a "nice" boy who lives next door.

Another point is he must be involved with children in some area.

By saying “guys”, he was addressing the girls in the gender neutral way that is being stressed /taught to teachers or anyone dealing with children. We hear friends, classmates, buddy, and guys all the time.

No more boys and girls.

If the suspect has a friend (or friends) or family who are covering for him, I do think this new sketch that may be a little ambiguous could encourage them to come forward. Good and decent people may (should IMO) draw the line at innocent people being pulled into this by the witch hunt that is currently happening on SM.

Thanks, JDough. I think the original poster mentioned a fire incident separate from the Flora Fire which supposedly occurred in Delphi the same day as the murders. Upon my request for a source, it seems one can not be provided (yet).

That's a lot of tragedy for one small town, and also kinda suspicious. Was it ever declared an accident or arson?

Hi everyone!!!
I’m a long time lurker, but this is my first post. I have to say that y’all are amazing. I have been reading obsessively and fitting all these pieces together mentally. I really believe the authorities are RIGHT THERE with their progress. I have not had to do a lot of mental gymnastics to see what is quite possibly the very close finish line, so I am convinced the police and all of their tools know so so much more. I have all the confidence that justice for Abby and Libby is very close.
Nice to officially meet y’all!!!:)

Just a for instance, what if it weren’t a working class, salt of the earth tough type of guy.... what if he was from a very religious, somewhat entitled background, you know, more of a “golden child” , the apple of his parents eye. ...... Would it be as easy for someone like that? Or would they be more likely to resort to using some type of chemical to disable them?
I do agree there is a gray area where people freeze up. Just not sure that’s what happened here.
I really do appreciate the feedback. TIA

I think maybe the girls recognized him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members