Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have pulled a weapon on both and subdued them immediately Must people do not attempt to attack or run from someone holding a gun. That usually requires training. Or put a knife to one girl's throat then the other would follow orders to keep her friend safe. :( It's awful. I think self-defense should be taught in all PE classes starting in Pre-K.

IMHO, your second example is most probable. Grab one girl and, while holding a knife to her, tell the other to follow his orders or he will kill her friend. Love and loyalty would stop the other girl from running away. (I apologize for what feels like being six days behind the rest of you; limited free time (usually at work!) makes it difficult to keep up.)

Another point is he must be involved with children in some area.

By saying “guys”, he was addressing the girls in the gender neutral way that is being stressed /taught to teachers or anyone dealing with children. We hear friends, classmates, buddy, and guys all the time.

No more boys and girls.

To me, not really. In this area we use guys for everyone including our pets.

Nah, Still think this guy is the ultimate DORK in real life, which
is why he is attracted to much younger girls who won't be as likely
to make fun of him or criticize him. At least he didn't think so.
Perp can't deal with girls his own age.

I definitely feel that the perp will be somebody with limited social skills

I don't believe he had the ability to lure someone with his personality and charm etc

I think thats why this was likely a disorganized murderer and done in such a very risky and brazen manner

Transcript of the PC.

Other than the blue language, which very likely is just a standard appeal to conscience colored with a mention of a movie that he just happened to watch recently, where is the religious overtones or emphasis?

I personally haven't found any.

Transcript of the PC.

Other than the blue language, which very likely is just a standard appeal to conscience colored with a mention of a movie that he just happened to watch recently, where is the religious overtones or emphasis?
The train of thought in the highlighted paragraph, IMO, is hard to follow. DC seems to begin one thought, then another, then another, without completing any of them. What I get is that DC is a religious man, he watched The Shack (a movie based on a book), and, without using the words heaven, hell, and final judgment, is trying to tell BG the girls are beyond suffering while BG's ultimate fate is sealed unless he confesses. I don't necessarily think BG has to be a religious person to get the message.

What, IF Carter knew very well since start of the PC, that the suspect wasn't one of the guests in the room? What, if it was expected by LE to have him participating now after 2 years because of a certain reason? Had Carter said the same, if the suspect indeed had been present?
IF LE know the killer, they would have to deceive him until arrest, maybe. IMO
Possibly. Carter was deliberate in his words and also quite emotional for a man in his position. I think the reason for that may be that they had been misled and steered in the wrong direction and he's upset about that. I get the distinct feeling he is confident they know who the killer is despite some phrases that may give a hint of doubt. Perhaps that's deliberate too. His mannerisms during the PC tell me he knows and he's pissed they were deceived early on. As always, JMO.

I definitely feel that the perp will be somebody with limited social skills

I don't believe he had the ability to lure someone with his personality and charm etc

I think thats why this was likely a disorganized murderer and done in such a very risky and brazen manner
No time for his charm at all, I think. IMO

My husband, and many other rural men I know, travel with a small pack everywhere they go. My husband's is a backpack, but I know other men who have various types of bags. They include things like their knives, some Tylenol, a bandanna or handkerchief, mobile backup battery for cell phone, some bungee cords, a power bar, water bottle, etc. It's not a kill kit, it's just an emergency kit. He uses something out of it every day. Point being, while BG may have used something out of his pouch (IF he had one, and I'm not sold on that) then it may not have been a "murder bag". It could've just been his regular bag.

One man's emergency hiking kit is another man's murder kit. I agree he may have carried these items for hiking purposes only but then again.

I think maybe the girls recognized him.

I am not positive they recognised him due to his disguise.I think Libby might have said his name if they had.
I do think he knew them from some activity in the community,perhaps a club or church connection?
I wonder if they went to camp?
The church runs Camp Adventure in North Webster.
I am also now pondering the idea that he did think they might be at the trail.

The train of thought in the highlighted paragraph, IMO, is hard to follow. DC seems to begin one thought, then another, then another, without completing any of them. What I get is that DC is a religious man, he watched The Shack (a movie based on a book), and, without using the words heaven, hell, and final judgment, is trying to tell BG the girls are beyond suffering while BG's ultimate fate is sealed unless he confesses. I don't necessarily think BG has to be a religious person to get the message.

Yep Its the equivalent to standing up there and Saying listen BG Now is the time to do the right thing. God knows what you have done and you will have your final judgement. But you need to confess your sins and come forward.

Superintendent and or fbi profilers decided that doing it in the way he did with the movie reference would likely have more of an effect on the perp.

I don't believe there was any secret meaning or necessarily specific focus on a highly religious individual

JMO

Possibly. Carter was deliberate in his words and also quite emotional for a man in his position. I think the reason for that may be that they had been misled and steered in the wrong direction and he's upset about that. I get the distinct feeling he is confident they know who the killer is despite some phrases that may give a hint of doubt. Perhaps that's deliberate too. His mannerisms during the PC tell me he knows and he's pissed they were deceived early on. As always, JMO.
I think they're making an educated guess that BG's familiar with Delphi. But beyond that, they don't know much. From the PC:

"We also believe this person is from Delphi. Currently or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis or works here. We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 but might appear younger than its true age."

I don't hear much certainty. When they originally released the other sketch, they used the same language: "We believe that ..." But we know where that led.

Yep Its the equivalent to standing up there and Saying listen BG Now is the time to do the right thing. God knows what you have done and you will have your final judgement. But you need to confess your sins and come forward.

Superintendent and or fbi profilers decided that doing it in the way he did with the movie reference would likely have more of an effect on the perp.

I don't believe there was any meaning or necessarily specific focus on a highly religious individual

JMO
Exactly. He wants to go all "hellfire-and-brimstone preacher", but he's got to be careful since he's a government official. It says a lot about DC, but next to nothing about BG.

I am in total agreement with you!

I read this differently.The tone of his voice made me think he knew BG had been a resident.
I think he was implying that the person might have moved away but still has close ties.
Could be someone who moved away for work or college but returns regularly to visit relations who still live there.

I think they mean anonymous notoriety, especially with LE stating it was about power. Imagine knowing that you have an entire community gripped with fear and for so long. I think that fits the profile of someone who would commit such a heinous act.

I also am curious about the shift to a younger suspect - LE and FBI obviously know a lot more, but the leaving behind of the phone seems suspicious to me for a younger person who would be aware of phone tracking and other capabilities.

I know the "guys" has been analyzed to pieces, I do agree that everyone, from everywhere, uses that phrase, but when I (an adult) talk to younger kids, I tend to say "hey girls/boys" or other phrasing where as I definitely use "hey guys" to my peers or those closer to my age. So that piece of the puzzle makes me lean towards someone who was closer to the girls age (or at least not someone over 40).

Like all of you, can't help but be hopeful that all this activity means LE is close to getting this case solved and some semblance of justice and closure for these girls and the whole Delphi community. I can't imagine living there and side-eyeing every caucasian male from 18-50 :(

My guess is Libby dropped the phone and the BG didn't find it but LE did!

Exactly. He wants to go all "hellfire-and-brimstone preacher", but he's got to be careful since he's a government official. It says a lot about DC, but next to nothing about BG.
Good point. Actually I'm surprised the state AG didn't appoint someone else to be the speaker at PC considering the extreme emotionality of Supt. That type emotion can interfere with an
objective investigation plus it also looks very unprofessional.
Maybe he's burned out or suffering some form of PTSD but
my thought was he needs a break from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jdombr25