NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Given the length of time and the small size of the victim, it is conceivable that her remains could have been moved from one property to another over the years. It wouldn't be difficult, especially if she was in something like a barrel or a toolbox. Checking all known properties associated with a person who may be a suspect makes a lot of sense.

MOO
Remember that they are talking about "cars" and every lead that has been given to the police has been about the cars, not the bookbag or anything else. Cars and where you store things in cars... If you know the area there are several places where broken down, junk cars, etc. are lumped and or stored...... I can't say anymore right yet. But when we can discuss people and theories I will input more......

Remember that they are talking about "cars" and every lead that has been given to the police has been about the cars, not the bookbag or anything else. Cars and where you store things in cars... If you know the area there are several places where broken down, junk cars, etc. are lumped and or stored...... I can't say anymore right yet. But when we can discuss people and theories I will input more......
I was surprised how good shape the car they towed looked, given its age. I would have expected more rust, faded paint, broken windows. Made me wonder if it had been stored indoors, like in a workshop or a barn. It would make sense, if someone was trying to hide it.

MOO

Given the length of time and the small size of the victim, it is conceivable that her remains could have been moved from one property to another over the years. It wouldn't be difficult, especially if she was in something like a barrel or a toolbox. Checking all known properties associated with a person who may be a suspect makes a lot of sense.

MOO
Oh absolutely, that is what I was questioning. I think one property it could just be linked to the property and anyone could be connected to one property.. even a stranger, but if the same owners of property 1, also own property 2.. then it leads me to think it's connected to a person that would have access to both. I hope this is truly it for Asha's family to have her back to lay her to rest.

I was surprised how good shape the car they towed looked, given its age. I would have expected more rust, faded paint, broken windows. Made me wonder if it had been stored indoors, like in a workshop or a barn. It would make sense, if someone was trying to hide it.

MOO
Yes there are buildings and lots with the cars….. buy the shape yes it was either stored inside or under a tarp….

I'm a little nervous about the speed with which everyone is concluding this has to do with Asha - surely that's not the only thing that's ever happened in the area... I may well be wrong, and it would be wonderful to see movement on this case, but I worry that it will just add to confusion if it turns out to be about something else.

Last edited:
I’ve always believed that Asha just left on her own accord but met with foul play really shortly after. I know many people have come to the conclusion that she either was running from something/someone that scared her or was lured by a creep out of her house.

The fact that she took other possessions and clothing with her shows that intent. I’ve always felt inclined to believe that The Whipping Boy did truly serve as a catalyst for her disappearance or in some way inspired her to leave the house and go on an adventure. Either way, I’ve never really brought the idea that she left home out of fear or because she somehow met a creep and planned to meet up with him.

It sounds like Asha got scared by the motorists and ran into the woods to hide from them. She was out somewhere she wasn’t supposed to be as we know and she probably terrified/nervous considering she was walking along a dark highway in bad weather in the early morning hours. Not at all typical for any nine year old.

Unless we truly figure out how her hair bow and other things ended up in the Turner shed, i don’t think we can fully assume someone placed them there to throw searchers off track.

Maybe Asha took shelter in the shed while it was raining and probably left after the weather cleared up or something. She then ventured back onto the highway before potentially being sighted getting into a green car.

This is all speculation on my part but i’ve seen so many different angles on this case. I really think she went out that morning with the idea of going on some type of fantasy adventure like the characters from the book and sadly encountered a monster.

I'm a little nervous about the speed with which everyone is concluding this has to do with Asha - surely that's not the only thing that's ever happened in the area... I may well be wrong, and it would be wonderful to see movement on this case, but I worry that it will just add to confusion if it turns out to be about something else.
You know, its possible its not, but all of the circumstances are matching up quite well.

From what i’ve heard, Asha’s disappearance is the only criminal case in the Shelby area that the FBI is actively involved in. That’s why literally every local person is saying it’s gotta be Asha Degree related

Also, no one has outright come forth to say that the search is or isn’t related to the Degree case. If this was a situation completely unrelated to the case, I feel like police and other LE officials would’ve definitely announced that so that Asha’s parents and family don’t have to go through another emotional rollercoaster. They are clearly choosing not to speak on anything so that they can properly assess what connection the property might have to Asha and her whereabouts.

I've seen some people claim that because the investigation apparently went "in and out" and wrapped up so quickly, that they did not find any remains yesterday. Now I'm not familiar with how long the discovery of remains prolongs evidence collection but if they found remains that were A. very small to begin with B. contained within something, like a tub or curtain, would it take them that long to secure them?

MOO.

I've seen some people claim that because the investigation apparently went "in and out" and wrapped up so quickly, that they did not find any remains yesterday. Now I'm not familiar with how long the discovery of remains prolongs evidence collection but if they found remains that were A. very small to begin with B. contained within something, like a tub or curtain, would it take them that long to secure them?

MOO.
I’m not sure but i’ve seen a large amount of locals say that a body was potentially found on the property. I’ve seen other locals refute it though so until investigators release their findings or even the actual reason for the search, i doubt we will find out anything more than what we already know.

MOO.
They were in and out, but aren't there multiple properties to search as they are at a second location today?

Please protect your hearts.
I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure if any potential remains are found, they'll establish a formal crime scene, put up privacy barriers or a tent, and you will see a medical examiner van arrive. It will not wrap up quickly. (Opinion based on what seemed to happen with other cases here.)

I am a local. I remember the day this happened. My daughter is the same age as Asha. I was just driving through Shelby on Saturday. I think about her and pray for her all the time. I hope this brings the answers.

Based on the address they are searching and things associated with the property owner, I hurt for Asha.

Admins- it has been awhile for me since I last posted. Can someone remind me if we can discuss a property owner of the property being searched if there are news articles regarding the property owner?
Oh dear….

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbhe224
Back