Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the biggest clue for me about this guy is libbys phone.
anyone with HALF a brain would have destroyed it. JUST IN CASE.
so, imo he didn't realise she had a phone and if it didn't cross his mind to check that's a pretty old school mentality, maybe an egg short of a dozen?
likely older is my assumption.

the only other explanation imo for him not destroying libbys phone is because she ditched it unawares to him.
but if it comes to light libs phone was on her than I stand firmly on he is not clever and not sharp and most likely LE are suspicious of who he is.

moo

Hi all - new to WS as a member and poster but I have read this thread since the girls were found.

Just my two cents (all IMO):
- I believe LE suspects a particular person but may not have corroborating evidence for an arrest/conviction yet.

- If he is "hiding in plain sight" he would have likely been going about for the last two years as if nothing happened. If LE has a suspect in mind, he or people who know him may have already been interviewed and he may be aware that people are watching. Is he actively covering any tracks that may have never been worrisome to him before, like deleting or making private his social media accounts? Has he withdrawn from social activities and interactions with others in the last few months or weeks? Is he making mistakes at work or school? Taking sick time? Showing unusual anxiety or irritability? What kind of behavior changes would make someone close to him wonder if something is off?

- I feel this was his first violent act, but there probably were previous behaviors known to his family and friends that point to issues like emotional disregulation, anger problems, manipulating others, lying, and/or low self esteem (perhaps masked as confidence, arrogance, or piety). LE gave an age range of 18-40. Let's say he is in his mid- to late-20s, just as an example - did he display emotionally disregulated behavior as a teen or in his early adulthood? Did he later become a model citizen, student, employee, church member, whatever - all the while hiding enormous rage at family, friends, past romantic relationships (or lack thereof), or how unfair life has been? Friends and family may be doubtful that he is a suspect because of this. "I know he used to be really angry all the time, but he's such a good guy now, it couldn't possibly be him - even if he looks like the sketch and I know he didn't show up to work or class that day."
Again, all this is opinion and speculation. Hoping there is an arrest soon.

Found it! From A&E website:

And armchair detectives are even taking their interest in the case a step further by creating YouTube reenactments of the crime.

“[The videos] help us know that people don’t know [the true details], because the facts haven’t been released,” Holeman says. “People watch the news and think they are picking up on things, but it’s false. Nothing out there is accurate, which only leads to more false tips.”

Yeah this comment always surprised me. I figured LE would be blooown awaaayyy by some of the videos, even considering them as a helpful investigative tool themselves. I figured they might even extend a job offer lol, moo.

Found it! From A&E website:

And armchair detectives are even taking their interest in the case a step further by creating YouTube reenactments of the crime.

“[The videos] help us know that people don’t know [the true details], because the facts haven’t been released,” Holeman says. “People watch the news and think they are picking up on things, but it’s false. Nothing out there is accurate, which only leads to more false tips.”

I’ll confess that I’ve never been impressed by his complaining about ‘false tips.’ If the police don’t want to deal with ‘false tips,’ caused by people not knowing how the crime was committed, they have to either release more info, or tell people they’re doing fine and don’t want tips. One or the other—can’t have it both ways.

For two years we have been looking for the schlubbiest degenerate ever. People were listing all kinds of suspects based on social status in town. Didn’t ever see any choir boys come up. Only guys who could possibly be nicknamed Bubba.
Wonder why that is?

Oh I see, the towns people themselves might be looking for a certain type. Is that what you mean?

I agree. I also highly doubt they only just started to investigate the person in the newly released sketch on 4/22. I’m sure they’ve been working that lead for at least a few months before they decided to go public with it.

Yes. They said it resulted from thousands and thousands of hours of work by multiple agencies.

So I decided to take one of the stills from the LE video of BG on the bridge and zoom way, way in on his face. Then I fiddled around with the contrast and brightness to see if it made his face more discernable. Here's what I observed (all IMO):

- I originally took the stills and video to be of an older man in his 40's or perhaps even older. Zooming in very close definitely suggests a younger face than that, more in line with the second police sketch.

- I also thought that he had a brown hoodie on and the hood was all the way up over his head. But zoomed in close, a few things seem clear: 1) it's fabric on his head, not hair, because you can see ripples or wrinkles in the fabric on his crown - like you would see if someone had a cloth baseball cap on, and 2) the color of the brown hoodie does not match the color of the fabric on top of his head - the hoodie is a deeper, warmer brown and the fabric on his head is a cooler-toned lighter brown. It looks like a brown baseball cap worn backwards. If the first, and now eliminated, police sketch incorporated any elements from the video (and to be clear I have seen conflicting reports on that, so not sure whether that is indeed the case), I can see why they chose to draw a hat like they did.

- The lower part of his face is partially obscured by his clothing and also by something else that seems to be stuffed into the front of his blue coat. I know a lot of speculation has gone on around this but for what it's worth, it looks to me like a light gray disposable plastic shopping bag. I'll throw this random thought out there for consideration - Walmart has light gray shopping bags in the Midwest. IIRC, in the Closs case two states away, the murderer went to Walmart soon after seeing the kidnapping victim for the first time so he could buy supplies later used in the attack on her parents. Did BG do the same? Where is the nearest Walmart and what do the security cameras show in the days before Abby and Libby were murdered?

- You can see the side of his nose where the nostril flares out back to the point at which the nose meets the face. It suggests BG's nose may protrude out from his face to a bit bigger extent than the second sketch suggests, but that the shape of the nostrils is similar to the sketch.

Yes, I meant a normal person who is well balanced and respected in the community. I think there is something wrong with this person, much like as is the case for many other murderers, like Ted Bundy.
Also Ted Bundy was not a loner without many friends. He was very charismatic. Israel Keyes was described as a good guy.
Neither were normal. That was the point I was trying to make.

Ted Bundy started well in college, went into politics, I think he was a fundraiser for one of the parties, and then quit this job. He indeed must have been charming and charismatic, but what I don't see around him would be a single male friend.

There are female friends, Ann Rule among them, girlfriends, coworkers, but not a single guy with whom you.. you know, do guys' stuff. Fish, hike, go to sports events.

And this is sort of suspicious by itself. Did the male peer community reject him, or were his interests so far away from them?

I agree. His longer chin than average may well be able to be tracked to a genetic character but I don't think it is something that has ever been diagnosed or implied in regards to BG. He just has it. No one has ever looked at him and said you have such and such because you have a longer chin than the norm. JMO
I agree. I don't think he has a freakishly long chin. I actually don't think the chin in the sketch appears especially long, but others might. I think because we have so little concrete information, it's easy to get hung up on what we do have. I think he's probably a regular-looking guy, whatever that is. Just my opinion of course.

So I had a long post all quoted and typed out that I lost re: MP and the families distributing the sketch so diligently over the past 2 years and how optimistic they were about someone one day recognizing the sketch—-how important that original sketch was in their minds as far as capturing the killer.

Now that the sketch has changed, I wonder if they will feel as confidant about resuming distribution with this new sketch as they have been in the past, via fairs, etc....I guess I’m just wondering if they view this new sketch as a God send that there has been a correction, though discouraging, or if in fact this just causes them skepticism and worry.

I’m expecting their response to optimistic and hopeful once again, after they’ve had some time to process.

Last edited:
So I had a long post all quoted and typed out re: MP distributing the sketch so diligently over the past 2 years and how optimistic they were about someone one day recognizing the sketch.

Now that the sketch has changed, Inwinder if they will feel as co doesn’t about resuming distribution as they have been, fairs, etc....I guess I’m just wondering if they view this new sketch as a God send that there has been a correction, though discouraging, or if I fact this just causes more skepticism.

Honestly I have never heard one ounce of skepticism out of that family.

Do you have link from msm or an interview?

I’ll confess that I’ve never been impressed by his complaining about ‘false tips.’ If the police don’t want to deal with ‘false tips,’ caused by people not knowing how the crime was committed, they have to either release more info, or tell people they’re doing fine and don’t want tips. One or the other—can’t have it both ways.
People don’t need to know how the crime was committed, in order to provide worthwhile tips.

If a tip is contingent upon knowing how the crime happened, then its probably a garbage tip to begin with.

They want tips from people who actually saw something, or from people who suspect someone they have had contact with.

You either know something, or you don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMEAMG