Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really knowledgeable about this stuff but is it possible that he did take her phone but that it was set to automatically store things to a cloud? I didn't realize her grandpa said that about her phone pinging all over town. Maybe he did take her phone and never brought it back but LE techs were able to retrieve data stored?

LE reportedly found the actual phone, but if it was damaged yes I think perhaps cloud data was recovered.

Here is the quote about the phone pinging around town:

"The girls haven't answered their phones since around the time they went missing.

'Missing, abducted, we don't know for sure,' said Patty. 'The cellphone has been pinging around town – and here there is a cellphone tower – but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead.'"

Being new here I am not quite sure how to add links properly but this was in an article on wlfi.com, published 2-14-17.

personally I think the reason the most recent sketch was probably discarded early on was because they didn't feel like it matched with what they saw in the video and maybe didn't think that the witness was remembering correctly

I think the witness that came along later was probably very convincing in what they thought they saw and the characteristics seemed to match what Investigators thought they saw in the video.

And that witness may even had been trying to influence the investigation/who knows, crazier things have been done

Sometimes things that end up being the right choice doesn't necessarily mean it was the most logical and correct choice based on the evidence that one has at that time.

I can pick a random name out of a hat and they could end up being the killer, It doesn't mean that I made an educated decision

JMO

This is what's been rattling in my head today. Do we know anything about the woman who gave the details for the OBG sketch five months after the fact? What made her believable and what if she was, in fact, trying to influence things? What if the lady who provided the details for OBG sketch recently changed her story?

This is what's been rattling in my head today. Do we know anything about the woman who gave the details for the OBG sketch five months after the fact? What made her believable and what if she was, in fact, trying to influence things? What if the lady who provided the details for OBG sketch recently changed her story?

I don't believe we know anything about her and it likely can't be discussed here anyways

But yep those are all very intriguing and relevant questions......I wish we knew.

Hopefully we will soon

That witness had me scratching my head from Day One. I wondered why she waited 4 months before contacting LE, and how could LE be so confident about it?

My theory at the time was that someone (most likely a girlfriend or wife) suspected OSG was the killer, but had been too afraid of him to come forward at first. I think I thought this mainly because she said she was certain his eyes weren’t blue. This made me suspect that she was still afraid of OSG and that she mislead LE so OSG wouldn’t suspect her of coming forward (because she would know he actually did have blue eyes. If that makes any sense.

There’s kinda something fishy about Sketch 1, IMO. It’s definitely possible that that she came forward and changed her story. Seems like she’d be in a little hot water if she intentionally did so.

Not much longer Carbuff. As the youth culture says, "wait for it....."
I have refrained from commenting on the ‘guys’ part but since we are talking about the youth, basically every single young YouTuber starts their posts with ‘Hey Guys!’ so much so that after hearing it on videos that my kids watch, that it’s stuck in my brain. I use ‘guys’ but at this point I REALLY associate it with the new generation.

Indeed they are! Tucson investigators put a gps tracking device on firefighter David Watson's car, then put out a fake press release vaguely claiming there was new evidence in the cold case murder of his ex-wife. Concerned, Watson then drove to the spot where he left her body in the desert, which was recorded on the tracking device. Ironically, her body had been discovered and retrieved years earlier, but not processed for years due to the assumption she was an illegal border crosser. (Watson's new wife later confessed to providing him with a false alibi.)

Brilliant! Glad he was caught and she told the truth.

Just putting this out there....if someone who may or not be related to this case, had public social media profiles and all of a sudden all his social media profiles were changed to private. Would you think 1) he is hiding? or 2) people may be harassing him?

This is just hypothetical...

Just putting this out there....if someone who may or not be related to this case, had public social media profiles and all of a sudden all his social media profiles were changed to private. Would you think 1) he is hiding? or 2) people may be harassing him?

This is just hypothetical...

I’m sure lots of people have had to go private, as a result of the harassment that has been going on.

I’d expect the perpetrator to do this (if he even had a Facebook), but I’d also expect it from innocent people.

There’s far more of those (innocent people), obviously.

Before I sign off for the night:

I just want to give a shoutout to the poor souls that have fielded the thousands of meaningless social media tips

God knows I wouldn’t have the patience for it

The first sketch was released 5 months after the murders.

I too don’t understand why they went 5 months without a sketch, when they already had one.

Clearly they didn’t think it was valid then, but somehow it is now.

Odd, doesn’t begin to describe that.
In the case of Paul Bernardo, he had been questioned by Scarborough police with regard to the "Scarborough Rapist" investigation. He was let go and went on to kill Kristen French and Leslie Mahaffy with his devil of a wife and not to forget her own little sister. It was speculated after he was arrested for the murders that because he had some sort of connection to some officers socially in and around Scarborough, that that may have steered suspicion away from him. Please understand, I'm not trying to fault LE here. Cognitive dissonance could have come into play. Could something like this have prevented this more recent sketch to have been put aside at that time through someone's gentle but persistent persuasion?

I can't seem to get over how emotional Supt. Carter was. Very "odd" for someone in his position. I feel like he felt they had been steered in the wrong direction for the last couple of years, perhaps deliberately, and now feel somewhat embarrassed by the fact that they were putting all this energy in the wrong direction. By his own words, this individual has been hiding right in front of them, "in plain sight." Maybe that's why we all think it's really "odd" that they released a sketch they've had all along. As always, JMHO.

Before I sign off for the night:

I just want to give a shoutout to the poor souls that have fielded the thousands of meaningless social media tips

God knows I wouldn’t have the patience for it
“I saw this guy on Facebook, who lives in Delphi, and I don’t know what it is, but my hinky meter is going off. Hope this helps!”

Indeed they are! Tucson investigators put a gps tracking device on firefighter David Watson's car, then put out a fake press release vaguely claiming there were new developments in the cold case murder of his ex-wife. Concerned, Watson then drove to the spot where he left her body in the desert, which was recorded on the tracking device. Ironically, her body had been discovered and retrieved years earlier, but not processed for years due to the assumption she was an illegal border crosser. (Watson's new wife later confessed to providing him with a false alibi.)
That's interesting. Some have said LE would never intentionally mislead the public but this example shows apparently they sometimes do.
If it helps them to catch the killer, why not?

Last edited:
It kind of struck me as off. Like if the shoes didnt match would they be like oh ok these aren't the people we are looking for so let's just ignore these bodies then. It is just the wording just isn't right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean