Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I haven't seen one case where they released a blurry photo in the attempt to get the public to ID the person in the photo when they already had a clearer image. I'm not sure how that would make sense, ya know? Can you cite to one?

I mean I can understand if at some point they find a clearer image they didn't have before or if they released what hey had the day of and then in a week or so released an enhanced one.

But in this case enough time has passed to enhance it as much as can be enhanced.

And they want to get this guy. There would be zero reason to give us a blurry photo if they have a clearer one. Inexplicable.

True and maybe it depends what they know and if the person is missing or they have a good idea who the perp is and so forth.

Just off of the top of my head, Libby Squire, UK; the video in the recent mistaken for Uber case; Prisma Reyes (in this one it is of her but slowed down and clearly does not show all moments), etc. Some feel she is impaired and some feel it is the video. Sometimes we know they have one or CCTV footage and we are shown none at all (understandably). More often a part is shown only and the rest held. In this case, they just released a bit more audio that had been held. These girls are not missing nor can be helped, I tend to think or hope in missing cases, the best picture or video is shown as quickly as possible. While they state he is the one they are looking for, perhaps until they have him dead to rights, they have to be careful? I don't know.

Not saying I am right or that I know why and it probably varies in the decision making in each and every single case but I, like you, think they have probably better software and capabilities than we can even imagine but I do not think that is always what we are provided. Maybe because the internet would go nuts, people would recognize the person and all he** would break loose before they could locate and question?

Jmo of course. If I was not tired, I would provide more examples but the above are a few examples.

That's very helpful. So they didn't walk the whole length of the trail, necessarily.

Was there any sighting of the flannel shirt guy or of BG by anyone, like Libby's dad, in or near this parking lot?
When you come down from the small parking off 300N where DG parked, you walk down a short trail and intersect the main trail, right goes to the highway and Freedom Bridge (and welfare bldg) and on into town, left goes to the Monon High Bridge, straight ahead is a small trail that goes through a nature walk and down to the creek. It is my understanding that DG encountered FSG once he was on the main trail as FSG was coming from the bridge, not on the trail to the parking or in the parking area.

I'm behind so this has probably been referenced already. It took me 30 seconds to "dig" and find a newsletter before the murders. It is obvious that mom and dad are the pastor's parents, there are references to spending time with them and other family in another city during Christmas. If you are familiar with church newsletters, this is the kind of thing that is obvious.

thank you!

Girls dropped off between 1:15 and 1:45 at Monon Trailhead Parking (I believe there is dispute in MSM between LE and family on the exact time)

Snapchat Photo at 2:07.

Video of BG begins around 2:17 (MOO).

FSG on Freedom Bridge at 2:35.

FSG sees BG on trail at 2:47 (still working on MSM verification)

CE on South end of Bridge @ 2:49. Said she saw a guy and a couple.

Libby's Dad Derrick arrives at Monon Trailhead Parking at 3:15 approximately.

Libby's Dad Derrick talks with FSG at 3:15 approximately who tells him he saw a couple.

Additionally: a teenager or a group of teenagers on the trail, the woman who helped created OBG sketch on or near the trail and Man in Black
So helpful Thank you!!!

Oh wait! Is the part of the map you are linking to flipped from this one? In other words, different directions totally?

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...-11e5-97fd-93362d1a84af/5679c07137e25.pdf.pdf

I don't think this because cemetery is on the same side of the page, but in yours the cemetery is at one end of the bridge but in the one I've linked it appears closer to the other.

Not exactly. The one with cemetery at the bottom, is oriented with South at the top of the page.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/2019-05-08_131620-png.183244/

The other is oriented with North to the top right (see rose in upper right).

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.tow...-11e5-97fd-93362d1a84af/5679c07137e25.pdf.pdf

Im still not clear on the meaning intended by 'couple'. There are indeed two involvements of 'couple(s) imo iirc.

My reading is that Fl Sh G replied to DG that he hadnt seen the two girls in question but he'd seen a couple (of girls)under the bridge. ( sourced from the JM intvw with MP and BP but very much moo on intonation and interpretation)

The other couple was referred to by the woman who took the pictures at the bridge a short time after the girls/bg were there. (Moo) who stated ,along with other things, that she had seen a couple at the bridge (At or on not under...iirc moo)

How incorrect am I to hold this stance?
CE said she saw a couple when she got on the bridge. At that point you can see the creek area under it. BP seemed to reply as though it was just one couple when she was asked if the couple had some forward, but perhaps CE saw other people.

None of this is new information. The Dr Phil show when the family members appeared along with Carter was aired in Dec/17 therefore LE was aware of the sighting long ago as well. BPs response was explained as the reason DG didn’t walk along the bridge to look for the girls. I’m not sure where the flannel shirt came from because I don’t recall that she offered a description. She also didn’t insinuate the person to be suspicious whatsoever but looking back at thread #76, she did mention a lot of people were out on the trails that particular day. For all we know DG knew the person and everybody he saw has also been cleared.

And if LE knew with certainly who sighted the murderer right from the beginning, it doesn’t explain why LE is only now proceeding in “new direction” with a new sketch of a different suspect, only announced a couple of weeks ago.

Not wishing to be obtuse but I am still not sure exactly what you are asking. I never said, implied or thought this was new information. It's likely FSG contributed to a sketch initially based on his impression of BG, whatever that impression was. I have sent you a p.m. I have provided many MSM links which lead to other MSM links. I also haven't said, implied or thought that FSG is BG. I am happy to help clarify anyything I can, but I'm not sure what is left to be clarified.

Gosh I'm really dense. It's not penetrating. I can't make heads or tails of the google maps. The one linked here I get. But I don't know where the key points would be on it.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...-11e5-97fd-93362d1a84af/5679c07137e25.pdf.pdf

I'm going to stop bugging you all. Everyone is trying so hard to help me but I'm not getting it!!

LOL! In the time you've been trying to figure it out you probably could have watched that GH video which will at least give you a good idea of the walk from the parking lot, through the trail, to the bridge :).

Gosh I'm really dense. It's not penetrating. I can't make heads or tails of the google maps. The one linked here I get. But I don't know where the key points would be on it.

I'm going to stop bugging you all. Everyone is trying so hard to help me but I'm not getting it!!
In this view, you can see the Monon TH Parking, the girls got on the trail, shown as brown, went across the bridge, stopped over the creek area and took pictures uploaded to Snapchat at 2:07. Kept walking to near the end and took video of the creep before 2:30 and were abducted off that far end. Some theories then say they were either forced or ran down that hill or bluff across the creek and up the other side approx where it says To Wilson Bridge. Some theories also say he left their bodies there and went up to 300N around the cemetery and walked back to his car parked at the welfare office.

Wells
Girls dropped off between 1:15 and 1:45 at Monon Trailhead Parking (I believe there is dispute in MSM between LE and family on the exact time)

Snapchat Photo at 2:07.

Video of BG begins around 2:17 (MOO).

FSG on Freedom Bridge at 2:35.

FSG sees BG on trail at 2:47 (still working on MSM verification)

CE on South end of Bridge @ 2:49. Said she saw a guy and a couple.

Libby's Dad Derrick arrives at Monon Trailhead Parking at 3:15 approximately.

Libby's Dad Derrick talks with FSG at 3:15 approximately who tells him he saw a couple.

Additionally: a teenager or a group of teenagers on the trail, the woman who helped created OBG sketch on or near the trail and Man in Black

So helpful Thank you!!!

Can you point to the source that says FSG saw the couple, rather than hearing them and that CE saw the couple?
I would like to read or see that.
MOO I haven't see info like the couple "A and B" had were down under the bridge at 2:47 but didn't or hear see anything. They also said they were angry about xyz issue and might have been oblivious to hikers further up the creek.
MOO we hear things about other witnesses
such as they are old, scared, or teens and then what they saw. Nothing about these two people under the bridge about the tome of the attack.

Last edited:
this thread is going so fast....can hardly keep up....

MOO but I still think this was a spur of the moment attack.....guy probably had a gun...lots of guys will bring a gun into the woods for pinging.....the girls might have come across a guy masturbating or similar etc and were laughing at him at a distance.....the guy got very upset and probably knew the girls somewhat in some capacity...he couldn't stand to have the girls possibly rat him out...he attacked ...I think "guys" showed familiarity.....

I think personally ,he was in the search party....

He used a gun to threaten them OR he grabbed Abby and held a knife to her throat to control both of them...

Libby got it the worse because she fought the hardest perhaps....

the reference to "The Shack" has big meaning......not sure exactly, but IIRC there were some buildings in the trail area, and that the book and movie are very profound with good vs evil connotations, I think its a big clue..

lastly, I would not be surprised one bit if many of the rumors heard early on were actually true...

and the cops have absolutely no responsibility .to tell us the truth during the investigation....even if some of these videos are the truth, the cops would probably want to diss them as untrue...

There’s a few problems with this.

The first is that there is no known connection between BG and the victims.

Even if they saw something, they probably couldn’t name him.

The girls apparently never made mention of this on the recording, although they did talk about a man they saw.

Again, the fact that they didn’t identify him, points to the man being a stranger.

Law enforcement believes that this crime was about “power and control.”

That seems to also exclude some sort of alternate motive that involves covering up another crime.

This guy clearly had a way to control his victims, and that indicates he came prepared to commit an act of rape or murder.

It’s also likely that he used a weapon to kill them (again, preparation).

I think this looks like a sexually motivated double homicide, as opposed to a double murder committed for other reasons.

How do we know there was no connection?

BG is what he is "BG". Unless LE give us the name.

So, in all honesty, we have no clue if there was a connection, or not.

And plus, given how well he knows Dephi...if he was a local, among 3000 people, statistically, there might have been a connection.

The couple under the bridge was referred to by CE. There is a link in my summary several threads back but I don't know how to link it.
Hi Wells here is the interview I believe you are looking for.. The “quotation by Becky” taken from the GH video are my words paraphrasing her answer.

Video of an interview & question answer segment via Skype by Gray Hughes with the Pattys. Abby and Libby Delphi case Round Table - with Becky Patty Part 2”.Becky Patty discusses the timeline including the critical moments at the bridge that day. Becky talks about where Derrick German and various witnesses,CE, flannel shirt etc. were.

Abby and Libby Delphi case Round Table - with Becky Patty on Skype Part 2
via @YouTube[/MEDIA]

Did Derrick see anyone there when he was there to pick up girls?

When Derrick got there and Libby did not answer he got out of

his car and walked towards the bridge.Passed an older

gentleman approximately mid to late ‘70’s in a flannel shirt

walking from trail.Derrick asked him if he had seen two teenaged

girls and the guy said no that he only saw a man and woman

under the bridge.So
Derrick walked the bridge the other way.”
MOO

How do we know there was no connection?

BG is what he is "BG". Unless LE give us the name.

So, in all honesty, we have no clue if there was a connection, or not.

And plus, given how well he knows Dephi...if he was a local, among 3000 people, statistically, there might have been a connection.
I said “there is no known connection.”

That is a fact, as far as I know.

I also listed reasons why I don’t think there is a connection, and the logic I used to get there.

I absolutely believe this was sexually motivated, and nothing else (coverup, revenge, etc).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member