Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wells here is the interview I believe you are looking for.. The “quotation by Becky” taken from the GH video are my words paraphrasing her answer.

Video of an interview & question answer segment via Skype by Gray Hughes with the Pattys. Abby and Libby Delphi case Round Table - with Becky Patty Part 2”.Becky Patty discusses the timeline including the critical moments at the bridge that day. Becky talks about where Derrick German and various witnesses,CE, flannel shirt etc. were.

Abby and Libby Delphi case Round Table - with Becky Patty on Skype Part 2
via @YouTube[/MEDIA]

Did Derrick see anyone there when he was there to pick up girls?

When Derrick got there and Libby did not answer he got out of

his car and walked towards the bridge.Passed an older

gentleman approximately mid to late ‘70’s in a flannel shirt

walking fro trail.Derrick asked him if he had see two teenaged

girls and the guy said no that he only saw a man and woman

under the bridge under the bridge.So
Derrick walked the bridge the other way.”
MOO
Thank you!

If I hear or read that the girls' families were upset about that, I will agree with you. Because I don't know any of the families, or live in Delphi, or know anything about the situations other than what I read, then I'll refrain from critizing without knowledge.

The topic was the newsletter. Would have been compassionate to literally give them a voice by mentioning their names.

Because I don't know how to link it. Here is my summary of MSM witness accounts one more time. From these links it's relatively easy to find more MSM about each specific witness account.

Here is what I have so far: I've heard mention of a
1.) teenager witness (or possibly a group of teenagers) who saw 2.) someone dressed all in black,
(links to news station WTHR)

3.) a woman who provided the details for the OBG sketch, Police release sketch of man accused of murdering Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams and UPDATE: Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths
4.) the man coming off the trail that Libby's Dad spoke with who mentioned a couple, 5.) possibly a person in flannel (may be the same as the person Libby's Dad spoke with) Families of Abby and Libby take FOX59 through final hours of the Delphi teens and Interview with Becky. Can't find to link it but it appears as if the guy in flannel is the same guy Libby's dad spoke with coming off of the trail. Per @FinePrint
6.) the actual recording from Libby's phone ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer
7.) a witness who felt something they needed to be reported (this mention may be referring to the recording from Libby's phone) that provided the details for the NBG sketch 'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says
and 8 - 9). couple under the bridge (may have been the girls / may not have been / may not have existed at all) Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Edited to add: ... and 10.) woman on bridge (CE) who stated "she had been at the bridge shortly after the girls posted the photo. She said she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. '“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) 11.) a guy when I first got there and 12-13.) another couple once I got on the bridge,” Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Dear Wells,

Thank you for being so generous with your time and tremendous effort in providing us with all of the detailed timelines and maps. Your insight and deep compassion for these young girls is evident in all of your posts.

You are greatly appreciated!
'

Last edited:
None of this is new information. The Dr Phil show when the family members appeared along with Carter was aired in Dec/17 therefore LE was aware of the sighting long ago as well. BPs response was explained as the reason DG didn’t walk along the bridge to look for the girls. I’m not sure where the flannel shirt came from because I don’t recall that she offered a description. She also didn’t insinuate the person to be suspicious whatsoever but looking back at thread #76, she did mention a lot of people were out on the trails that particular day. For all we know DG knew the person and everybody he saw has also been cleared.

And if LE knew with certainly who sighted the murderer right from the beginning, it doesn’t explain why LE is only now proceeding in “new direction” with a new sketch of a different suspect, only announced a couple of weeks ago.
Yet they said the witness came forward and the sketch was made the third day after the murders and they only released it 2 weeks ago. I don't find where it was FSG or under the bridge guy but it could have been. We don't know where the witness saw him.

Wells
Girls dropped off between 1:15 and 1:45 at Monon Trailhead Parking (I believe there is dispute in MSM between LE and family on the exact time)

Snapchat Photo at 2:07.

Video of BG begins around 2:17 (MOO).

FSG on Freedom Bridge at 2:35.

FSG sees BG on trail at 2:47 (still working on MSM verification)

CE on South end of Bridge @ 2:49. Said she saw a guy and a couple.

Libby's Dad Derrick arrives at Monon Trailhead Parking at 3:15 approximately.

Libby's Dad Derrick talks with FSG at 3:15 approximately who tells him he saw a couple.

Additionally: a teenager or a group of teenagers on the trail, the woman who helped created OBG sketch on or near the trail and Man in Black

Can you point to the source that says FSG saw the couple, rather than hearing them and that CE saw the couple?
I would like to read or see that.
MOO I haven't see info like the couple "A and B" had were down under the bridge at 2:47 but didn't or hear see anything. They also said they were angry about xyz issue and might have been oblivious to hikers further up the creek.
MOO we hear things about other witnesses
such as they are old, scared, or teens and then what they saw. Nothing about these two people under the bridge about the tome of the attack.

I have linked sources elsewhere in this thread. Somewhere between pages 46 and here. Hope this helps :)

Hey there NEESAKI.... a runner? Excellent thought process. My hubby is a runner and the one thing I know, is he can still tell you his fastest time. For him, distance is measured in time, ie, "I can run 7 minute miles for 2 and a half hours." Perhaps other posters who are runners can give us an estimate of how much time it would take them to get from High bridge to the abandoned building if they were in a big hurry?

This is true, I was, believe it or not, a runner in my younger days... until it starting taking its its toll on my joints, so now I mostly walk / hike , but even today I still time myself by how many minutes it takes per mile. It became a habit I guess... but I have to confess, even when I ran I never quite reached 7 minute miles. :)

I was just thinking this guy could be a runner, because it seems he got out of there rather quickly. If he was say in his early twenties, which is what I’m guessing at this point, and he was a runner, I’d bet he could easily do 7 minute miles on flat ground, possibly faster.

Not quite so good a time on rough terrain, and though not sure how the terrain is there, the videos and photos of the trail I’ve seen haven’t appeared to be very challenging, as in changing of elevation, i.e., steep hills. However, if he had escaped off trail through the woods it would have slowed him down a bit more, obstacles to watch for and such.

How far is it from the crime scene to that parking lot at the abandoned building ? Then we can figure the time, on flat trails , then add a few extra minutes if the path was off trail. Of course knowing what route he took is the challenge there.

Because I don't know how to link it. Here is my summary of MSM witness accounts one more time. From these links it's relatively easy to find more MSM about each specific witness account.

Here is what I have so far: I've heard mention of a
1.) teenager witness (or possibly a group of teenagers) who saw 2.) someone dressed all in black,
(links to news station WTHR)

3.) a woman who provided the details for the OBG sketch, Police release sketch of man accused of murdering Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams and UPDATE: Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths
4.) the man coming off the trail that Libby's Dad spoke with who mentioned a couple, 5.) possibly a person in flannel (may be the same as the person Libby's Dad spoke with) Families of Abby and Libby take FOX59 through final hours of the Delphi teens and Interview with Becky. Can't find to link it but it appears as if the guy in flannel is the same guy Libby's dad spoke with coming off of the trail. Per @FinePrint
6.) the actual recording from Libby's phone ISP says new audio, video and sketch shows Delphi killer
7.) a witness who felt something they needed to be reported (this mention may be referring to the recording from Libby's phone) that provided the details for the NBG sketch 'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says
and 8 - 9). couple under the bridge (may have been the girls / may not have been / may not have existed at all) Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Edited to add: ... and 10.) woman on bridge (CE) who stated "she had been at the bridge shortly after the girls posted the photo. She said she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. '“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) 11.) a guy when I first got there and 12-13.) another couple once I got on the bridge,” Abigail Williams & Liberty German: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Thank you!
MOO from this seems like police have a lot of the time line from covered, and possibly more that they haven't released.

MOO it seems like police now know what kind of person and broadly where to look. Police might finally be able to turn the key.

Last edited:
There’s a few problems with this.
The first is that there is no known connection between BG and the victims.
In this scenario, there does not need to be a direct condition between BG and the perpetrators: One of the victims learned of a secret between BG and another individual.
Even if they saw something, they probably couldn’t name him.
I agree, objectively thinking- they probably would not know his full identity. This, however, may not be important in the eyes of an emotionally driven perpetrator thinking subjectively ie- "They might / could know who I am."

As a historical side note, Joseph Stalin murdered tens of thousands of victims based on subjective reasoning regarding what the victims might / could have known.

Law enforcement believes that this crime was about “power and control.”

It’s also likely that he used a weapon to kill them (again, preparation).
Power and control does not need to be sexual. Rather, power and control can be an expression of any kind of dominance. This can include imposing a punishment for learning a secret. Likewise, carrying a weapon and being prepared to commit a crime simply shows preparation. It does not show preparation due to a sex motive per se.

Last edited:
In this scenario, there does not need to be a direct condition between BG and the perpetrators: One of the victims learned of a secret between BG and another individual.
And you think that is more probable than a sexually motivated double homicide?

My point is that we could spend all day coming up with motives for this crime, and many of them would be theoretically possible.

But for me, an attempt to conceal another crime is far less likely than something that happens far more often, given these particular circumstances.

@gitana1 I hope this helps. It is oriented with north being straight up. I think that map illustration you linked to is actually really confusing because it's not to correct scale so everything is directionally confusing on it. JMO.

I made a google earth map, set the time for April 2017 so the foliage is closer to February (more bare trees). Labelled points of interest.

delphi_map1a.jpg

Libby's grandmother, in her interviews with GH runs through the entire timeline. She says that they know Abby and Libby were dropped off around 1:35-1:45pm because of the phone logs. Kelsi phoned her boyfriend while stopped at the drop off point at 1:38pm. There's a lot of information cleared up regarding timelines on the video of GH interviewing Mike and Becky Patty. But the best one, from the horse's mouth is the Q&A with Becky Patty linked above. The round table discussion parts 1 and 2. There are even things debunked like the rumor that another girl was asked to go to the bridge the night before but chose not to.

Edited to add: Here is a link to the full sized image. For some reason WS made it much smaller scaled when uploading it.

Imgur

I’ve been away for a couple days. Is there anything new? Does anyone know when the next presser will be? Are they typically a few months apart?
Nope, jack squat.

There’s no telling when the next press conference will be. It all depends on if there are any new developments.

My apologies. There were some assumptions made when I created this map. A couple was seen BY CE who was on the bridge at 2:49. There is no MSM info available about who they were or what they saw. The numbers I listed are not on the map because there is no information available specifically to place them. A teenager or group of teenagers claimed to see a Main in Black. A woman helped draft the sketch of OBG. They were all in the park. We don't know when or where. All of this has been discussed in previous threads. Not trying to be snarky. Simply trying to provide a sketch of who was where and when.

Thanks for the info. FSG features quite a bit. Do we know when other family members and searchers showed up after DG? This is really useful imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95