Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #149

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention, on the bridge, he had a sloppy, sort of unkept look. At work he was probably neatly groomed.
Agreed. Plus the fact when you walk past someone randomly you are not concentrating on specific details because why would you really? It's more of a you pass them and forget about it kind of thing. I think with the info given at the time and now looking at what we have, both the sketch artist and the eye witness/es done a really good job.

Agreed. Plus the fact when you walk past someone randomly you are not concentrating on specific details because why would you really? It's more of a you pass them and forget about it kind of thing. I think with the info given at the time and now looking at what we have, both the sketch artist and the eye witness/es done a really good job.
It’s really an incredibly accurate sketch! The audacity or confidence or arrogance he had to not change his facial hair either. This guy just went on like nothing happened, out in the open.. so happy the girls’ families have justice today!

It’s really an incredibly accurate sketch! The audacity or confidence or arrogance he had to not change his facial hair either. This guy just went on like nothing happened, out in the open.. so happy the girls’ families have justice today!
I’m really wondering how after 5 1/2 years, they finally zeroed in on him? He was right there all along….

I’m really wondering how after 5 1/2 years, they finally zeroed in on him? He was right there all along….
Sometimes that's the best place to hide though, right underneath everyone's nose. They clearly have something big on him otherwise they wouldn't have arrested him. It doesn't surprise me though, this was a crime that stood out as being someone local and who knew the general area very well IMO.

Last edited:
Really curious to find out if he was out on the prowl looking for victims or if he just stumbled upon them by chance. Following a lot of cases over the years, sure some of them have predators who are out looking for victims. But sometimes you have a guy who for whatever deranged reason in their mind decided in the moment to do something evil. They see an opportunity and they decide to act on it and didn’t wake up that day knowing they were going to do it.

For a crime of this nature, you’d think chances are he’d have some type of history of some type of depravity, but who knows, maybe it turns out to be one of those one-off murderers and that’s why it took so long to catch him. Because there never was any reason to suspect him in the first place.

Time will tell. It’s why I got into true crime in the first place. More the ‘why’ than the ‘who’

Really curious to find out if he was out on the prowl looking for victims or if he just stumbled upon them by chance. Following a lot of cases over the years, sure some of them have predators who are out looking for victims. But sometimes you have a guy who for whatever deranged reason in their mind decided in the moment to do something evil. They see an opportunity and they decide to act on it and didn’t wake up that day knowing they were going to do it.

For a crime of this nature, you’d think chances are he’d have some type of history of some type of depravity, but who knows, maybe it turns out to be one of those one-off murderers and that’s why it took so long to catch him. Because there never was any reason to suspect him in the first place.

Time will tell. It’s why I got into true crime in the first place. More the ‘why’ than the ‘who’
Based on his age, and from what I can tell, a lack of a serious criminal record (if he even has one at all), this seems like it's going to be an outlier.

I figured this guy would be a loner, a loser, and have a criminal record for drugs and likely, sex crimes (just based on how risky it was to do something like this in the open). I expected him to be much younger too, and that's ignoring what the authorities estimated his age to be (which was also younger).

I did figure it would wind up being someone we'd never heard of before, but it seems I was wrong about everything else.

It's just weird.

There is a pharmacy tech with his name in Delphi

Yes there is…

It was stated at one point in various warrants that the girls did not fight back.

I’m now wondering if the were drugged and incapacitated so they could not fight back.

My brain is absolutely racing!

MOO

Yes there is…

It was stated at one point in various warrants that the girls did not fight back.

I’m now wondering if the were drugged and incapacitated so they could not fight back.

MOO
I think chemicals like that would have been detected, and likely would have helped narrow the investigation.

Compliance can be achieved a number of ways, and a knife or gun would achieve the same.

Yes there is…

MOO
I'm also thinking one of them refused to leave the other -- even if she had the chance ?
Thinking about the girls' families today.
:(
Honestly did not think it would take this long.
Not much of a record at all, maybe like MassGuy said, an outlier ?
Was this his first crime ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member