Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #149

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk…something feels weird about this. It definitely appears to be him, not debating that. Just some random facts swirling in my head that I haven’t connected yet as I try to make sense of this:

5’4” would make a man noticeable imo. That’s well below the average 5’9-10” male. It would be easy to recognize him somewhere other than his job and think “oh that’s the short guy from CVS”

This guy was not hiding. GH showed pics of him regularly out at bars, restaurants, amusement parks, even traveling to other states. He had a customer facing job, where he regularly spoke to known and unknown customers, probably in person or on the phone, 2 miles from this horrific crime that people have been talking about for years.

*IF* the witnesses who saw BG were young adults, they could possibly be in the same age range as RMA’s kids. In 2007 they might have been around 20-24 years old, possibly in college, possibly working, possibly stay at home moms, etc, with perfectly legit reasons to be hiking on a nice Monday afternoon. Some of them have been getting prescriptions filled for the last 5.5 years at the pharmacy where where RMA works. Some of them might be friends with his kids and probably knew him by name as Mr. Allen, so-and-so’s dad. Some might have recognized him as the little guy from the pharmacy.

There’s currently 450 students at Delphi High school, let’s assume there was a similar number 10 years ago.

Delphi’s population is approximately 3,000 people. Say half are male and half of those are adults. 750 adult men or say 1000 adult men if we’re generous.

For years we were told BG’s eye color was unknown but definitely not blue. Yet RMA has strikingly bright blue eyes.

I just expected someone much less visible to the public. Maybe with a job that kept him working alone or with a small group of people or driving a truck. Someone who spent his weekends at dark seedy bars, not out to large family events and frequent date nights with spouse and friends.

I’m not victim shaming, and from what we know so far his wife, children and extended family are also victims, but how did no one see the pics, video or hear the DTH and not be shocked that it’s him?? And sure some people might have had suspicions or been afraid but ALLLLLL of the people who interacted with him daily for the last 5 years? His name never came up publically, on SM, anywhere? I know we aren’t privy to what or who was reported but what a shame if he was and it took this long to get him.

I’m feeling a little deflated right now. Moo
The thing is, the witnesses who seen him weren't probably expecting to have to remember anything about him. He was also bundled up in a jacket and hat and seemed to be walking with his head primarily down if the video was anything to go by. If I passed someone for a moment in the street and was asked days or even hours later what their eye colour was or height I probably wouldn't have a clue. Eyewitness testimony is knowingly unreliable for reasons like this. But if anything the Delphi sketch is remarkable from both the artist and the witnesses.

LE essentially told us from the start that it was somone local. They told us it would likely be shocking when we found out who it was (a seemingly happy family man fits that bill). It also wouldn't shock me at all if they had actually interviewed him before just in their canvassing exercises or someone close to him like LE said too. I know we don't have all the answers yet but they will come IMO.

Idk…something feels weird about this. It definitely appears to be him, not debating that. Just some random facts swirling in my head that I haven’t connected yet as I try to make sense of this:

5’4” would make a man noticeable imo. That’s well below the average 5’9-10” male. It would be easy to recognize him somewhere other than his job and think “oh that’s the short guy from CVS”

This guy was not hiding. GH showed pics of him regularly out at bars, restaurants, amusement parks, even traveling to other states. He had a customer facing job, where he regularly spoke to known and unknown customers, probably in person or on the phone, 2 miles from this horrific crime that people have been talking about for years.

*IF* the witnesses who saw BG were young adults, they could possibly be in the same age range as RMA’s kids. In 2007 they might have been around 20-24 years old, possibly in college, possibly working, possibly stay at home moms, etc, with perfectly legit reasons to be hiking on a nice Monday afternoon. Some of them have been getting prescriptions filled for the last 5.5 years at the pharmacy where where RMA works. Some of them might be friends with his kids and probably knew him by name as Mr. Allen, so-and-so’s dad. Some might have recognized him as the little guy from the pharmacy.

There’s currently 450 students at Delphi High school, let’s assume there was a similar number 10 years ago.

Delphi’s population is approximately 3,000 people. Say half are male and half of those are adults. 750 adult men or say 1000 adult men if we’re generous.

For years we were told BG’s eye color was unknown but definitely not blue. Yet RMA has strikingly bright blue eyes.

I just expected someone much less visible to the public. Maybe with a job that kept him working alone or with a small group of people or driving a truck. Someone who spent his weekends at dark seedy bars, not out to large family events and frequent date nights with spouse and friends.

I’m not victim shaming, and from what we know so far his wife, children and extended family are also victims, but how did no one see the pics, video or hear the DTH and not be shocked that it’s him?? And sure some people might have had suspicions or been afraid but ALLLLLL of the people who interacted with him daily for the last 5 years? His name never came up publically, on SM, anywhere? I know we aren’t privy to what or who was reported but what a shame if he was and it took this long to get him.

I hear you. I can’t believe the “down the hill” couldn’t be traced to him all these years. What on earth finally led them to him now?

Like you, I'm sort of flabbergasted if that height is correct. That would be unusual for a man. Forget all the other details, that one alone would have likely narrowed the search down considerably if eye witnesses mentioned it (and why wouldn't they?). Of course, it could just be a typo on the website, that happens, but if it IS correct, that is just so strange. Was that not shared with the public for some reason? Because we are looking for a guy who looks like this sketch vs. we are looking for a guy in the 5'3"-5'5" height range who looks like this sketch is a very, very different thing. Looking at photos, he doesn't look that short, but hard to tell for sure. I'm so curious.

So happy and relieved that this case may finally be settled. Kudos to everyone involved in bringing this killer to justice. It's not over yet though. A long haul is ahead in order to effect a final punishment.
Thinking about the investigators.
Hoping they get everything they need !
Sounds good so far, as they made the arrest.

I have chills, goose bumps, dance moves, happiness, and smiles since hearing about this news. If this is the guy, so glad to get another monster off our streets. My thoughts are with the families, who matter the most here. Abby & Libby are still gone. :(
Exactly, he is 50 and still had many years to commit more crimes.
He may have thought after all of this time that he got away with murdering Abby and Libby.

Has it been confirmed he works at CVS as a pharmacist? I‘d have great pity for any Delphi innocent who just happens to have the same common name.
No, but I didn’t say he was a pharmacist. Techs generally have more customer interaction than the actual pharmacist where I live. They take your Rx and are the ones to ring you up.

I'm wondering if RMA (the guy arrested today) is related to Kline in some way. I haven't seen a Kline family tree, but I think police were investigating Kline's relatives and wanted to know who was aware of his online activity, correct? Maybe Kline finally gave something up after the court conference this week. Just speculation and questions on my part.

Like you, I'm sort of flabbergasted if that height is correct. That would be unusual for a man. Forget all the other details, that one alone would have likely narrowed the search down considerably if eye witnesses mentioned it (and why wouldn't they?). Of course, it could just be a typo on the website, that happens, but if it IS correct, that is just so strange. Was that not shared with the public for some reason? Because we are looking for a guy who looks like this sketch vs. we are looking for a guy in the 5'3"-5'5" height range who looks like this sketch is a very, very different thing. Looking at photos, he doesn't look that short, but hard to tell for sure. I'm so curious.
Yes, 5’4 would really stand out to me. It’s way out of the normal range. I wouldn’t be able to give a number but if LE asked me I could definitely say he was really, noticeably short.

so glad for the families so they can get at least some closure

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members