Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #150 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to count myself in what appears to be a minority here. I don't think there are any connections from KK to RA.

I am 100% with you and it was the same for RL when he was being lynched for being involved. I don’t join in because these are such horrific crimes being talked about it’s unfair to throw them under the bus when we know so little. At the moment there is literally nothing to suggest he is involved with KK.

If I’m reading the linked warrant info referenced in the article quoted below found here, Search warrant: Delphi killer took souvenir, may have ‘staged’ murder scene

I’m taken aback by this sentence:

The agent wanted to search Logan’s home, outbuildings and vehicle for anything pertaining to the teens’ murders, including forensic evidence, hair, bodily fluids, guns and cutting instruments.

My question is this for the experts. They have to know how the girls died. Would a search warrant be allowed to include items not known to be involved? Meaning, if a gun was not used would they have to know it was used to intimidate or threaten in order to include in warrant? Same question for the cutting instruments which bother me most.

if I’m reading this article correctly they recovered the clothing pieces that were missing from the scene. I think they’ve also recovered direct evidence either from the home or devices of RA.

MOO on how he was able to control both of them, and why there was no sign of a struggle, is that he forced one of them to tie up the other (by displaying a weapon) probably telling them if they did as they were told they wouldn't be harmed. Then he bound the other one and they were totally controlled.

If I’m reading the linked warrant info referenced in the article quoted below found here, Search warrant: Delphi killer took souvenir, may have ‘staged’ murder scene

I’m taken aback by this sentence:

The agent wanted to search Logan’s home, outbuildings and vehicle for anything pertaining to the teens’ murders, including forensic evidence, hair, bodily fluids, guns and cutting instruments.

My question is this for the experts. They have to know how the girls died. Would a search warrant be allowed to include items not known to be involved? Meaning, if a gun was not used would they have to know it was used to intimidate or threaten in order to include in warrant? Same question for the cutting instruments which bother me most.

No, so-called "dragnet warrants" are generally very-much frowned upon, particularly when a judge is considering suspending someone's constitutional rights.

Can you imagine truly knowing who you believe is responsible and being as tight lipped as this force has been? Kudos to them.

Maybe that’s why the K’s were handed out to speculate upon, while they were getting ready to charge the guy who they were really focused on?

People might think it’s too much of a coincidence that the A Shots communication was apparently happening at the same time but to me it’s even a greater coincidence that KAK had a network that consisted of someone who just happened to live within walking distance to the bridge who immediately sprung to where the girls went that day. The trail area to the bridge attracted young people so I just can’t get how it fits that he needed KAK to tip him off? JMO

If LE indeed had recovered a known DNA sample from the killer I’ve always wondered why they didn’t just say so, so to be sure to cause a suspect great anxiety, as you‘ve stated. But since any and all reference to DNA has been so consistently ambiguous I’m not convinced this crime was solved by DNA. Outdoor crime scenes pose challenges for DNA collection, especially one that can’t be processed until a day later. I know we’ve all went round and round on the topic of DNA so it will be interesting to have it finally settled once and for all.
If they clearly said they had DNA and it was only a matter of time before they found him for sure... they probably imagined and feared he might suicide. Or... take his family with him in a murder suicide? We don't know what they knew or when they knew it. We don't know if or how they confirmed it. I'm interested to know more here for sure!

This all has me reflecting on the nature of sleuthing. If (and right now it is "if") RA is guilty - and we have had 150+ threads, countless hundreds of smart committed people trawling open source information sources for any possible link - does it say something about the utility of open source intelligence and sleuthing in general?

I know I've been super frustrated by some cases, but then there have been others that have turned up something possibly life-changing for a victim. I just feel like ... with all the focus and smarts put on this case - on WS and other sites - doesn't it just show, glaringly, that open source intel is utterly useless when it comes to a cunning murderer?

JMO, and I'm genuinely asking the question here; I don't want to be this jaded, but sleuthing has a way of getting to you.
I totally see where you’re coming from. But I have to disagree. Open source sleuthing is key and huge! Maybe other methods could have found this guy and put him on a sleuthers radar. Could that have helped? We don’t know for sure. But, for instance, we could have searched all property owners within certain radius, compared to sketch, sleuthed a little social media and been bothered enough to call a tip in.

The key to me is to keep from wasting time of LE, keep from dragging innocent people through the mud publicly, and refine my methods. We are kidding ourselves if we think any local agency has the time, budget, manpower to do what many sleuths do.

I totally see where you’re coming from. But I have to disagree. Open source sleuthing is key and huge! Maybe other methods could have found this guy and put him on a sleuthers radar. Could that have helped? We don’t know for sure. But, for instance, we could have searched all property owners within certain radius, compared to sketch, sleuthed a little social media and been bothered enough to call a tip in.

The key to me is to keep from wasting time of LE, keep from dragging innocent people through the mud publicly, and refine my methods. We are kidding ourselves if we think any local agency has the time, budget, manpower to do what many sleuths do.

Absolutely - method, methodology, refinement, those are probably the keys to successful sleuthing IMO. Thank you.

This all has me reflecting on the nature of sleuthing. If (and right now it is "if") RA is guilty - and we have had 150+ threads, countless hundreds of smart committed people trawling open source information sources for any possible link - does it say something about the utility of open source intelligence and sleuthing in general?

I know I've been super frustrated by some cases, but then there have been others that have turned up something possibly life-changing for a victim. I just feel like ... with all the focus and smarts put on this case - on WS and other sites - doesn't it just show, glaringly, that open source intel is utterly useless when it comes to a cunning murderer?

JMO, and I'm genuinely asking the question here; I don't want to be this jaded, but sleuthing has a way of getting to you.
This case was never going to be solved by online sleuths posting side by side photo comparisons.

The evidence is known only to law enforcement, and likely consists of interviews, digital evidence, crime scene analysis, and forensics.

I always found it hilarious that people had a list of suspects; this was always going to be someone we'd never heard of, whether that be Kegan Kline initially, or Richard Allen.

This just wasn't that type of case, just based on the nature of the crime.

This case was never going to be solved by online sleuths posting side by side photo comparisons.

The evidence is known only to law enforcement, and likely consists of interviews, digital evidence, crime scene analysis, and forensics.

I always found it hilarious that people had a list of suspects; this was always going to be someone we'd never heard of, whether that be Kegan Kline initially, or Richard Allen.
"The evidence is known only to law enforcement, and likely consists of interviews, digital evidence, crime scene analysis, and forensics." Isn't that always the case?

I only wish that LE could be protected from the nasty aspect online sleuths, those who post degrading, rude and uninformed comments that undermine the credibility of those who are working hard on the case. LE can't answer back to the entitled types who claim they have "bungled the case". They can't tell the world that they have the culprit in hand.

Maybe that’s why the K’s were handed out to speculate upon, while they were getting ready to charge the guy who they were really focused on?

People might think it’s too much of a coincidence that the A Shots communication was apparently happening at the same time but to me it’s even a greater coincidence that KAK had a network that consisted of someone who just happened to live within walking distance to the bridge who immediately sprung to where the girls went that day. The trail area to the bridge attracted young people so I just can’t get how it fits that he needed KAK to tip him off? JMO
I have never quite believed that KAK tipped somebody else off on L's whereabouts, either. The a_shots account was always traced back to the Peru house, and I don't think anyone was hanging around that house on a regular basis enough to have shared the account, which is why TK was seemingly possible.

But why was RA on the trails that day? Why L and A? These are questions we don't know...yet (if ever). All I can say is that if L was communicating with a_shots via IG and SC, which her family has confirmed she was, then what's to say she wasn't communicating with a_shots on Yellow, or other more secretive SM platforms? Or, for that matter, communicating with people other than a_shots. Or maybe A was. We just don't know. RA could be an online predator just as easily as KAK.

Somehow he knew those girls were going to be there that day, unless it was totally random. Which it could have been.

"The evidence is known only to law enforcement, and likely consists of interviews, digital evidence, crime scene analysis, and forensics." Isn't that always the case?
More often than not, yes. But you also have cases involving unidentified victims, where people have been able to connect the dots.

I see this more as a discussion than anything.

I don’t think KK was directly involved in the murders but I do believe he had knowledge and interactions with RMA. I think he was the key to give LE what they needed to help bring closure to this crime. He most likely used this as a final bargaining chip. jMHO. I don’t know how you can ignore the A-shots info that came to light from LE back in December. LE was so tight lipped for so long and then that info comes out. I don’t know when or if we will ever know though.

Logsdon and her mother Jeanne live just outside Carroll County but felt compelled to visit. Both said they’re still in shock; 50-year-old Richard Allen was someone they’ve seen and even spoken to. His arrest in connection with the case is jarring.

“It’s amazing that someone could do that and be a part of this community and just watch everybody go through this,” Logsdon said. “It’s sickening.”

I have wanted to visit this bridge so badly. However, I would not do so until BG was in custody. My son called me one day while he was there. I quickly said, “situational awareness and are you carrying”. . While we were talking, he heard gunfire. Probably target shooting. I’m not too far. Perhaps now I can go visit and quietly spend some time giving thanks for all who orchestrated this capture.

I think the part that bothers me the most is that some of the "sleuths" don't know where to draw the line. They actually contact the families, or they call LE with random advice or tips that only bog down the workload.

I have to wonder if RA didn't seem phased at all in the pic with the sketch of "BG" behind him, at the bar, because he genuinely didn't think it looked anything like himself. I know different folks see different things, but I don't think it looks like him at all. Maybe he didn't either?

jmo
I agree.I don't think he looks anything like the younger sketch.Maybe the hooded eyes but that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper