IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were some rumors stated that tend to jive with that date :( I was hoping it was just a rumor.
If this turns out to be true, I will be so upset! I said on post #3 or 4 of the first thread- this case seems like a perfect one for heat detection at night. Why did they stop searching?

If that sweetie was alive, that decision was fateful. These were children. And it was getting cold that night. I think it possibly wasn't taken as seriously as it should have been.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Heh, I go on hiking trails by myself all the time, I hope that doesn't ever make me a defacto suspect.

Many men hike alone where I'm from. That's the first time I've heard that men don't hike alone.

kbsweet I live in a very small farming town of about 500 people, so I know exactly what you are talking about. The nature trails in our town are used quite often and men of that age are rare on the trails ( I'm assuming 40 plus) and if they are there, they are with their family/grandchildren. If there are younger males alone, they are seen with dogs. Although these are hiking trails, not jogging trails.

Sometimes people go for a long walk to think things over in whatever clothes they normally wear.

Many men hike alone where I'm from. That's the first time I've heard that men don't hike alone.

I think it depends upon the local culture.

I have a lot of relatives who live in rural small towns. My male relatives work very hard physically, on the farm or on the ranch. They are already outside, walking in nature. And they do 'hike' in wilderness areas, but only to hunt for meat for the family. :wink: I cannot imagine my uncle or cousins walking around 'for fun' because they do enough walking outside already.

I think that those who work jobs inside, away from the elements are more likely to want to spend time walking out in the woods. JMO :cow:

If this turns out to be true, I will be so upset! I said on post #3 or 4 of the first thread- this case seems like a perfect one for heat detection at night. Why did they stop searching?

If that sweetie was alive, that decision was fateful. These were children. And it was getting cold that night. I think it possibly wasn't taken as seriously as it should have been.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I would be so angry if that was true. Nobody could stop me from looking for my child in the forest at night, they wouldn't be able to stop my friends and family either.

Don't know if this was mentioned yet - Liberty's obituary states she died on 2/13 and Abigail's obituary mentions that she died on 2/14.

Hmmm.

Do you think he killed one of the girls straight away to get the other to comply with what he wanted to do?

Are there any outbuildings on the land nearby or do you think the whole attack was out in the open?

Don't know if this was mentioned yet - Liberty's obituary states she died on 2/13 and Abigail's obituary mentions that she died on 2/14.

Hmmm.

That's terrifying if she was kept alive another day after her friend was murdered.

That's terrifying if she was kept alive another day after her friend was murdered.

I thinks it's probably more a date last seen and date found mix up. I would say the 13th because that's when they went for the walk, but would the ME say 14th as that is the date found?

Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it depends upon the local culture.

I have a lot of relatives who live in rural small towns. My male relatives work very hard physically, on the farm or on the ranch. They are already outside, walking in nature. And they do 'hike' in wilderness areas, but only to hunt for meat for the family. :wink: I cannot imagine my uncle or cousins walking around 'for fun' because they do enough walking outside already.

I think that those who work jobs inside, away from the elements are more likely to want to spend time walking out in the woods. JMO :cow:

Very good point, my father worked 12 hour shifts, he didn't walk anywhere. I guess nature isn't everyone's passion.

It may not be that she (if either were alive significantly longer than the other) was 'kept' alive longer, it may be that both were attacked and 'left for dead' and one succumbed sooner than the other.

I imagine the autopsy would've shed light on an approximate time of death.

I totally understand your point. But I don't want to ignore what I learned from working in a middle school. 13 yr olds are often just beginning to wonder about smoking pot or drinking a beer. It is a somewhat 'natural' urge at that age. JMO

ETA: I am not at all saying the girls were drug users. Just saying it is possible they met a 'teen' online that offered to bring them a joint to try. That area seems like a perfect place for teens to smoke pot.

I agree with you, using myself as a reference, I was a 13 year old girl once. Some people forget what they were doing when they were 13. I don't think it's an insult, to think that they may have been into boys or weed. Of coarse there is difference in the experience of popular outgoing 13's to the study hard bookworm 13's. If it was a school day off they could have met up with someone but who that man, " friends " or a stranger.

Just getting caught up, new to the thread.

My thoughts on the pic of the individual that the police want to talk to.
I hesitate to call him a "perp" but a poi. He may or may not have anything to do with this case.

The photo is pretty blurry, therefore...I don't believe it came from a trail cam rather from one of the girls phones. The reason is trail cams are usually "triggerd." by a motion sensor on the cam itself. Im sure some have settings to take random photos in intervals, but I think most use the motion detection.

That picture is to far away to have been detected by motion.....unless something triggered it, and it was cropped out of the picture and just happened to catch the poi in the backround. Highly unlikely......but possible.
So...I firmy believe that photo came from either the girls phone, or a witness.

I would hate to live somewhere, where simply the act of hiking alone would raise suspicious eyebrows.

I don't know about ruling out the gunshots. I've lived in rural IL and NC, and I didn't think twice about hearing gunshots, especially this time of year. It just means someone is hunting, usually. My neighbor use to have a deer stand on the property line in our back yard. A gun is still a possibility.

That said, maybe it was drugs. Ohio is being crippled by the opioid epidemic right now. If the girls had to reach the place they were found on foot, they could have been meeting up with someone that said they could give them drugs. It would explain why everyone is saying know what your kids are up to.

I also saw a few people being confused about the familial relationship-I think MP is her step grandfather. She has 2 sets of paternal grandparents in town, but the other set shares her last name. I bet she lives with her biological grandmother and step grandfather. If she was born after her biograndma remarried, he is her grandfather in everything but biology.

BBM
I live in Rural Indiana. I never think twice about hearing gunshots here but when I lived in Fresno, Ca and heard gunshots one night it flipped me out. I even commented to hubby how it was funny because if I was home (Indiana) I probably wouldn't even have heard the gunshots.

BBM
I live in Rural Indiana. I never think twice about hearing gunshots here but when I lived in Fresno, Ca and heard gunshots one night it flipped me out. I even commented to hubby how it was funny because if I was home (Indiana) I probably wouldn't even have heard the gunshots.

And the police haven't said anything either way about whether gunshots were heard or not. Nobody asked them this at the press conference.

Were there any updates on that warrant? I guess the article was removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator