IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a nature park right down the street from us. I have to agree with you kbsweet, my adult daughter and I have gone there quite a bit and I can say that I have never seen a man walking alone on any of the trails. Mostly mothers with children, family groups and couples. I'm not even sure a person of that age would have the guts to walk across that bridge alone....yikes!
It seems to be something the younger crowd would be more into.

I agree with you kbsweet.

My first question as well was.......what is he doing out there to begin with?

Guys just don't take walks by themselves.

He's either going somewhere very specific or he's out there to meet someone.

Thanks for agreeing, I was afraid I would sound really "small town" with my observation..but, it is a small town after all. And the probability of some random transient predator lurking on a bridge in Delphi, Indiana on an early Monday afternoon in February is so slim that I doubt it could be calculated. The perp knew they were going to be there, whether the girls purposely let him have that information or not. I remember a similar case where a young man showed up where a couple teens said they would be, he was hoping for some "follow thru" from some flirty texts. When he got there and the girl was like "no way!" he wasn't taking no for an answer. After raping one girl he figured he had to kill them both so they wouldn't tell on him. Or another case where a local man driving by a park saw a couple girls take off on a side trail and he felt like he couldn't help himself but to go try to "make friends w them." But when they became alarmed by him he overtook one of them and made the other follow along compliantly while threatening to hurt her friend if she didn't. He strangled them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, same here. I am 29 and I hike with my dogs, but before I had dogs I remember going for walks by myself.

Nothing peculiar about it in my opinion.

If he had a couple dogs along it would be different.

Yeah, same here. I am 29 and I hike with my dogs, but before I had dogs I remember going for walks by myself.

Nothing peculiar about it in my opinion.

It wouldn't be peculiar...in Lafayette. I'm just saying, it's not done here. Unless you *ahem* LOOK like you are out for a hike. THAT is the difference. I know, I know how back woods that sound! I don't know how to explain it. Just like you won't see women jogging in sports bras and Capri leggings in town.. you won't see Joe Smith in his jeans and camo hat (?) walking on a hiking trail w his hands buried in his pockets. Unless he has a particular reason to be there. Perhaps I should not dig myself a deeper hole here.

I'm an avid hiker and I see men hiking alone all the time. Even on our green spaces men are often strolling along by themselves and I think nothing of it. On that note, his clothing might suggest to some people he wasn't "hiking" but I don't dress like a "hiker" either.

Using the phrase "green spaces" tells me you are in a larger community..am I correct? And you are right..in a larger community it is common place. AND you can wear what you like. People discuss a small town mentality, and I suppose I am understanding it now more than ever. I'm not trying to point fingers or be negative..it's just how it it here.

kbsweet I live in a very small farming town of about 500 people, so I know exactly what you are talking about. The nature trails in our town are used quite often and men of that age are rare on the trails ( I'm assuming 40 plus) and if they are there, they are with their family/grandchildren. If there are younger males alone, they are seen with dogs. Although these are hiking trails, not jogging trails.

To me he looks depressed, unhappy, as if he's mulling something over. I don't see purpose in his body language (to get to the girls, for example), nor a man who wants to get out of an area where he just committed a crime. He seems to be lost in thoughts. jmo

MOO! Some of this is beyond the beyond...my husband walks all the time alone, without dogs, bundled up....If you saw me outside in 43deg weather, I would have on leggings, jeans, thermal shirt, sweat shirt, beanie, hoodie with hood up...Since I have no hair you would call me a short, stocky man, based on a grainy picture, even though I had said beanie and hood up and weigh 110 lbs.....SM and that FB page are not the only places that have bandwagons....one person decides to say well here's a pic(grainy at best) and look here's the guy, oh and yep his pants are bloody..yep same guy, here is his name...label him and bam everyone takes it as truth....sad, sad, sad, you can't take it back. Warrant is served...address is broadcasted...might as well get the stones and torches now...why worry if he is innocent or not... I'm not saying he is or isn't, I'm just saying geez lueze!

You can usually get around a pay-wall by using using private browsing or incognito.
Sorry, this was in reply to an earlier post.

Using the phrase "green spaces" tells me you are in a larger community..am I correct? And you are right..in a larger community it is common place. AND you can wear what you like. People discuss a small town mentality, and I suppose I am understanding it now more than ever. I'm not trying to point fingers or be negative..it's just how it it here.

Now, yes. But my hiking days have covered living in a town with 1,200 people, small town Ohio, to large cities. I don't think you're trying to be negative at all, or point fingers. [emoji4]

If you click on the IG photo that Libby posted on the 12th, the girls IG names show on the photo, but nothing shows up for the two guys. What's up with that?

If you click on the IG photo that Libby posted on the 12th, the girls IG names show on the photo, but nothing shows up for the two guys. What's up with that?

She tagged the girls and couldn't tag the guys because that don't have IG? I have not gone to look yet, but that's my idea right now.

Rsbm
Nothing I've seen/read has indicated in the slightest, that these kids were drug seeking. IMO it's rather premature to be suggesting that. Kind of strikes me as adding "insult to injury" without a shred of evidence to support that.

No offense intended, just my opinion that the girls and their families deserve the utmost respect in their darkest hour.

I totally understand your point. But I don't want to ignore what I learned from working in a middle school. 13 yr olds are often just beginning to wonder about smoking pot or drinking a beer. It is a somewhat 'natural' urge at that age. JMO

ETA: I am not at all saying the girls were drug users. Just saying it is possible they met a 'teen' online that offered to bring them a joint to try. That area seems like a perfect place for teens to smoke pot.

MOO! Some of this is beyond the beyond...my husband walks all the time alone, without dogs, bundled up....If you saw me outside in 43deg weather, I would have on leggings, jeans, thermal shirt, sweat shirt, beanie, hoodie with hood up...Since I have no hair you would call me a short, stocky man, based on a grainy picture, even though I had said beanie and hood up and weigh 110 lbs.....SM and that FB page are not the only places that have bandwagons....one person decides to say well here's a pic(grainy at best) and look here's the guy, oh and yep his pants are bloody..yep same guy, here is his name...label him and bam everyone takes it as truth....sad, sad, sad, you can't take it back. Warrant is served...address is broadcasted...might as well get the stones and torches now...why worry if he is innocent or not... I'm not saying he is or isn't, I'm just saying geez lueze!

I agree with you, but I would venture to guess that what makes this particular man so highly suspicious is the fact that he is not presenting himself for an interview! By now you'd have to be living under a rock to not know your presence was being requested.

Not one person had any idea who this guy is, or knew of anyone fitting his description that might have been on the trail that afternoon?

This suggests to me that the guy is not from the area and/or had a reason to avoid people knowing he was there.

I hike alone, all the time when the weather cooperates. Nobody I know has any interest in hiking along with me, and nobody has ever tagged along with me for a hike. It's a healthy habit, and I enjoy the nature aspect of hiking. Old rail beds are of interest to me, too. I don't understand why some of the above might raise someone's suspicions, but to each their own.

People are going to jump to conclusions on here, it seems to be common with missing persons cases. I joined a while ago, to follow the case of a young gal who went missing in SC. The case has not been solved, and the FBI has ruled out any connection between the people she was with up until her disappearance, and her actual disappearance. Yet knucklehead members on here still maintain that people who clearly were not involved, are involved. Please understand that family and friends of victims follow along here on WS and on social media.

LE here in Indiana claim the guy in those pics is a "person of interest". ISP and the FBI are doing a great iob, we need to let them do their jobs. I hope they get this wrapped up ASAP, for the community there in Delphi, and most importantly the families.

It wouldn't be peculiar...in Lafayette. I'm just saying, it's not done here. Unless you *ahem* LOOK like you are out for a hike. THAT is the difference. I know, I know how back woods that sound! I don't know how to explain it. Just like you won't see women jogging in sports bras and Capri leggings in town.. you won't see Joe Smith in his jeans and camo hat (?) walking on a hiking trail w his hands buried in his pockets. Unless he has a particular reason to be there. Perhaps I should not dig myself a deeper hole here.

totally get what you are saying.. there is a status quo in small towns and people DO act as they are expected to..you are quite right in your social psychological interpretation. things that are not quotidian will stand out.

Don't know if this was mentioned yet - Liberty's obituary states she died on 2/13 and Abigail's obituary mentions that she died on 2/14.

Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member