IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just afraid because crime is so rare there and the community is on edge that the judge might be a little lenient. The guy may have had some sort of criminal past or some connection to the victims or their families. The town I grew up in was known for it's corruption. Judges, LE, prosecutors, local attorneys, etc.

Yes we do!

I understand your point and it's possible. I also grew up in a small town where there was corruption in the police force and with at least one judge. However, this case is so high profile (and heinous) that I really think LE will do everything by the book. On Primetime Justice, Sgt. Riley emphasized that they are trying to do everything properly in this investigation so that they will be able to get a conviction eventually.

So for now, I'm cautiously optimistic that they are playing by the rules and not going after random people for no reason.

OK then I completely disagree with you. I see nobody on that short list that resembles the pic other than her grandfather, who kinda does, but I don't think he's the guy.

The main profile picture might not but once I looked at his other photos, I saw a resemblance!

Who did Libby live with?

Both mom, dad and 1 sister live in Delphi, but 3 siblings live out of state...in 2 different states. But I thought I read she was raised by her grandfather.

Dad is remarried and mom is in a relationship. The local sister shares a mom and dad. I'm assuming the 2 siblings out of state are mom's with her 2nd husband. That leaves one on ANOTHER state with a totally different last name.

Not that it has any bearing on the case, but I'm confused about the family structure after reading her obit.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I grew up in a neighboring county just as rural. I haven't lived there for over a decade but go home 1-2 times a year. This area is small town Indiana. As a teenager, we were constantly playing in the woods not aware that this stuff could happen. It breaks my heart. I also think I know one of the sheriffs or at least know people related to him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

FWIW I don't participate much but I am here all day reading (don't tell my boss). I'm still on the fb group even though it's a madhouse over there. It's calmed down quite a bit. Think they wore themselves out with all the clacking on their keyboards. I'm an information gatherer and sometimes buried in all their madness I find information which is why I stick around there. Anywho, I don't have anything important to add. Just hi, everyone. Hoping for swift justice for these two beautiful kids and saying many prayers for their loved ones.

:hugs:

Well I haven't finished all my homework but I think I'm good. A quick check of the less graceful companion source material affirms this is where our girls will be discussed with dignity and respect. My heart aches for their families tonight.

I never have to stray far from my "web" home to know that this is the ONLY place for me. :)

This happens in SO many cases. Most of the time I never bother to look at the FB discussion pages because folks just go off the edge. It's really given me pause for thought about the way SM is right now and what might happen if my family were in the news about some terrible thing and we were innocent. On SM, it doesn't matter. Folks get an idea and run with it like mad. I think that's the reason I'm careful to guard my thoughts & come across as more of a sap, benefit-of-the-doubt-giver, than anything else. At the end of the day, I think it matters.

moo.

So true. I think it was Lisa Irwin's case I lurked on way back in the day and Facebook bullying/stalking was crazy. I vowed to never join any MP case facebooks.

A judge isn't going to sign a search warrant just because someone kind of looks like the guy in the photo. LE needs to have specific reasons stated for why they want the warrant, based on evidence. They also need to list what they want to search for or collect from the home or the person. They have to be able to show that they believe items connected to the crime may be found in the home.

If the police believe that a person was in the park at that time, either from a picture or a witness a judge could determine there is enough probable cause to issue a search warrant. That doesn't mean it's probable cause for an arrest but probable cause to do a search.

If the police believe that a person was in the park at that time, either from a picture or a witness a judge could determine there is enough probable cause to issue a search warrant. That doesn't mean it's probable cause for an arrest but probable cause to do a search.

Agree. But just because there wasn't an arrest tonight, after items were taken from the home, doesn't mean there's not going to be one. I doubt this guy had written on his wall, "I killed those girls!" so if he did it, it will take time to analyze whatever evidence they took. And hopefully some of that was electronic evidence and DNA.

So sad. Just a normal girl living her life. I can't wait for them to nail this person.

I was just on that fb and I only see 6 friends and no one who matches the description of man on bridge, imo.

OK then I completely disagree with you. I see nobody on that short list that resembles the pic other than her grandfather, who kinda does, but I don't think he's the guy.

Not the grandpa. Look at all the pics of the men. Not just the profile pics.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but Libby had a male FB friend that was clearly a fake account that was deleted this morning shortly after it was discovered by the FB page.

He also took down his twitter once it was discovered.

Agree. But just because there wasn't an arrest tonight, after items were taken from the home, doesn't mean there's not going to be one. I doubt this guy had written on his wall, "I killed those girls!" so if he did it, it will take time to analyze whatever evidence they took. And hopefully some of that was electronic evidence and DNA.

I totally agree. They have to look at his electronic devices and his vehicle, etc. It may be that he is totally innocent. But they cannot know that yet, imo. And the reports are that they took bags of evidence and some electronics. So it was more than just a 'sit down on the couch for a few questions' kind of thing....imo

Not sure if this was mentioned, but Libby had a male FB friend that was clearly a fake account that was deleted this morning shortly after it was discovered by the FB page.

He also took down his twitter once it was discovered.

hmmmm....interesting....glad they have the FBI cyber unit on this case...

"OMG they just arrested Buddy Holly!"

"Right?! I read that on blah blah site, he flew them to the moon first!!!"

"Her aunt just posted they ate banana peppers with Joe Noname at the Chicken Shack an hour earlier!!"

This is the kind of foolishness that shows up on SM and people actually fall for it. It's usually much worse and much more graphic, but I was being silly to sort of alleviate the severity of the facts.

FACTS: two, precious young people had their lives snuffed out. Two families and many friends (and, complete strangers, like us here at WS) are heartbroken over this grievous loss of life. Professional LE are doing all they can to locate, apprehend and prosecute the vile (s) that did this to these girls. Girls that are the same age of many of our own kids.

Also fact... there are tons of whackadoodles on SM muddying the waters with utter foolishness. Sometimes I wish there were a test in place before anyone could be allowed on the internet. Unfortunately that's not possible so the rest of us have to use our good judgement, logic and common sense and try hard to ignore the nonsense.

Just venting a little. moo & all the assorted disclaimers.

"OMG they just arrested Buddy Holly!"

"Right?! I read that on blah blah site, he flew them to the moon first!!!"

"Her aunt just posted they ate banana peppers with Joe Noname at the Chicken Shack an hour earlier!!"

This is the kind of foolishness that shows up on SM and people actually fall for it. It's usually much worse and much more graphic, but I was being silly to sort of alleviate the severity of the facts.

FACTS: two, precious young people had their lives snuffed out. Two families and many friends (and, complete strangers, like us here at WS) are heartbroken over this grievous loss of life. Professional LE are doing all they can to locate, apprehend and prosecute the vile (s) that did this to these girls. Girls that are the same age of many of our own kids.

Also fact... there are tons of whackadoodles on SM muddying the waters with utter foolishness. Sometimes I wish there were a test in place before anyone could be allowed on the internet. Unfortunately that's not possible so the rest of us have to use our good judgement, logic and common sense and try hard to ignore the nonsense.

Just venting a little. moo & all the assorted disclaimers.

A thousand thank yous for this!

At this time I'm leaning towards the cod not being a gun -- just seems crazy to think TWO gun shots wouldn't be heard by someone.
And wouldn't a taser cause loud screaming ? (If they were subdued that way and then say strangled)

Gloomy thoughts tonight.

Sick and tired of perps who feel they have a right to viciously take another's life. I could care less if they had a difficult childhood or had impulses they couldn't control.

Thanks to everyone who has been contributing to Abigail and Liberty's thread. So sorry for their grieving loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13