IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was mentioned, but Libby had a male FB friend that was clearly a fake account that was deleted this morning shortly after it was discovered by the FB page.

He also took down his twitter once it was discovered.

Edited: I'm SURE LE has been watching the page!! :blushing:

Not sure if this was mentioned, but Libby had a male FB friend that was clearly a fake account that was deleted this morning shortly after it was discovered by the FB page.

I was hoping he was on her Instagram but I don't know the name.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'm a newbie so still learning the rules. Can we post links to videos? I have a random one that someone had taken while crossing the bridge. You can see what it's really like around there & you'll also realize there's no way anyone was in the trees in the pic the girls had posted.

I'm a newbie so still learning the rules. Can we post links to videos? I have a random one that someone had taken while crossing the bridge. You can see what it's really like around there & you'll also realize there's no way anyone was in the trees in the pic the girls had pisted.
It has been posted several times, actually. Another time might convince someone!

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

At this time I'm leaning towards the cod not being a gun -- just seems crazy to think TWO gun shots wouldn't be heard by someone.
And wouldn't a taser cause loud screaming ? (If they were subdued that way and then say strangled)

Gloomy thoughts tonight.

Sick and tired of perps who feel they have a right to viciously take another's life. I could care less if they had a difficult childhood or had impulses they couldn't control.

Thanks to everyone who has been contributing to Abigail and Liberty's thread. So sorry for their grieving loved ones.

I agree it wasn't a gun. Although I really don't have any theories on the "how" but I believe it was quiet. My youngest is 13, and my heart aches for the families of these girls. While my daughter is engaged in basketball games after school and then baking cookies with her best friend in my kitchen tonight, the mamas of these girls are in a completely different place filled with unimaginable heartache and confusion.

My prayers go out to these families and friends of these girls. Also to the local LE and any and all support they have from outside agencies that the perp be identified and captured ASAP and swift justice be handed down. No it doesn't bring them back and it doesn't mend hearts, but it's *something* and it matters.

What do you mean by "clearly a fake account"?

At this time I'm leaning towards the cod not being a gun -- just seems crazy to think TWO gun shots wouldn't be heard by someone.
And wouldn't a taser cause loud screaming ? (If they were subdued that way and then say strangled)

Gloomy thoughts tonight.

Sick and tired of perps who feel they have a right to viciously take another's life. I could care less if they had a difficult childhood or had impulses they couldn't control.

Thanks to everyone who has been contributing to Abigail and Liberty's thread. So sorry for their grieving loved ones.

I don't know about ruling out the gunshots. I've lived in rural IL and NC, and I didn't think twice about hearing gunshots, especially this time of year. It just means someone is hunting, usually. My neighbor use to have a deer stand on the property line in our back yard. A gun is still a possibility.

That said, maybe it was drugs. Ohio is being crippled by the opioid epidemic right now. If the girls had to reach the place they were found on foot, they could have been meeting up with someone that said they could give them drugs. It would explain why everyone is saying know what your kids are up to.

I also saw a few people being confused about the familial relationship-I think MP is her step grandfather. She has 2 sets of paternal grandparents in town, but the other set shares her last name. I bet she lives with her biological grandmother and step grandfather. If she was born after her biograndma remarried, he is her grandfather in everything but biology.

Oh...sorry I must have missed that. Well here's the video of the bridge area for anyone that hasn't seen it. https://youtu.be/edK8DJVW890

Thanks for re-posting. It also clearly shows the orange posts at the beginning of the bridge that some mistook for people.

What a scary walk! I'd be afraid of tripping! No side rails and holy cow! Beams are actually missing!

I fear If they don't arrest someone soon, that person will run or commit suicide.
I can't help, so I'll go and hopefully wake up to better news. I haven't felt this bad or consumed since little Noah Chamberlain. Goodnight, it was nice joining websleuths tonight, thanks.

Being from the area, the 1st thing about the photo of the POI is this..guys around here don't go on nature walks alone. They just don't do it. Maybe w a child or their wife, but generally as a rule..you won't see some random man who looks to be dressed like everyone else just out and about on a hike. If he was serious about it, he'd be dressed for it. Guys just don't do that here. It sounds like a stereotype I guess, but it's the truth. If I passed by a lone woman, a couple of women, a couple of kids in their teens (male or female) I'd think nothing of it. But if average joe walked by me on a trail by himself I'd be like WTF? Around here, men either don't exercise or they do. And if they do it's at a gym, home gym, or running. Unless they are elderly. I should have said that. An elderly (60? & over) wouldn't be shocking to see out on a walk alone. Just saying. It grabbed me as soon as I read a friends FB post that she had been out there between 3&4 and took pics..but saw nothing strange..just a guy and another couple. If that guy had been suited up for a hike or a run, I maybe could've let it go a little. But when I saw the pic I was like..NO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you kbsweet.

My first question as well was.......what is he doing out there to begin with?

Guys just don't take walks by themselves.

He's either going somewhere very specific or he's out there to meet someone.

Being from the area, the 1st thing about the photo of the POI is this..guys around here don't go on nature walks alone. They just don't do it. Maybe w a child or their wife, but generally as a rule..you won't see some random man who looks to be dressed like everyone else just out and about on a hike. If he was serious about it, he'd be dressed for it. Guys just don't do that here. It sounds like a stereotype I guess, but it's the truth. If I passed by a lone woman, a couple of women, a couple of kids in their teens (male or female) I'd think nothing of it. But if average joe walked by me on a trail by himself I'd be like WTF? Around here, men either don't exercise or they do. And if they do it's at a gym, home gym, or running. Unless they are elderly. I should have said that. An elderly (60? & over) wouldn't be shocking to see out on a walk alone. Just saying. It grabbed me as soon as I read a friends FB post that she had been out there between 3&4 and took pics..but saw nothing strange..just a guy and another couple. If that guy had been suited up for a hike or a run, I maybe could've let it go a little. But when I saw the pic I was like..NO.

Heh, I go on hiking trails by myself all the time, I hope that doesn't ever make me a defacto suspect.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

That said, maybe it was drugs. Ohio is being crippled by the opioid epidemic right now. If the girls had to reach the place they were found on foot, they could have been meeting up with someone that said they could give them drugs. It would explain why everyone is saying know what your kids are up to.

Rsbm
Nothing I've seen/read has indicated in the slightest, that these kids were drug seeking. IMO it's rather premature to be suggesting that. Kind of strikes me as adding "insult to injury" without a shred of evidence to support that.

No offense intended, just my opinion that the girls and their families deserve the utmost respect in their darkest hour.

attachment.php

This image was shared on Facebook by the Newton County Sheriff's Dept. Low quality and hard to read. I transcribed it in the last thread, and thought I'd paste that here to make it easier to find.

Situation: The Indiana State Police and Carroll County Sheriff's Department are requesting law enforcement assistance in identifying the individual in the below photographs.

Two bodies found in the woods east of Delphi in Carroll County have been positively identified as Abigail J. Williams, 13 of Delphi and Liberty Rose Lynn German, 14 of Delphi. They were reported missing on Monday, February 13, 2017. The bodies were discovered about 12:15 p.m. on February 14, 2017 in the woods near the Deer Creek by volunteers helping in the search for the missing girls. The families have been notified.

The victims were last seen alive around 1:00 pm Monday, February 13, 2017 when they were dropped off close to the Monon (not sure about this word) High Bridge near Delphi, Indiana. The images below are from a video taken in the area.

Anyone with information leading to the identification of the below individual should contact the Indiana State Police at (765) 567-2125 or Carroll County Sheriff's Department (765) 564-2413.

I can only read some of the very bottom text. "This information should be considered LAW ENFORCEMENT (cant read). Further distribution of this document ......" Not sure after that really.

I saw a tweet from what I believe is Libby's twitter account in which she described herself as a "Single Pringle" -- when she was 12. (She also references a kik account handle with first initials "lrl" so I think it's the right person.) The photo is somewhat come hitherish.

Heh, I go on hiking trails by myself all the time, I hope that doesn't ever make me a defacto suspect.

Exactly. Which is why I loathe stereotypes. There's always going to be that one or two who throw stereotypes out the window and you just don't know when that will be.

I thought very early on this was done by peers. Two or more kids (teenage kids) then I seen the pic of the guy and I wondered. I really don't know where I stand now. I just hope they find the perp fast so Justice can be served.

I'm an avid hiker and I see men hiking alone all the time. Even on our green spaces men are often strolling along by themselves and I think nothing of it. On that note, his clothing might suggest to some people he wasn't "hiking" but I don't dress like a "hiker" either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13