IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the man only have been passing through? Visited someone that morning, was on the way back to his car and is far away now hence never heard of the crime or saw his photo on TV?

maybe. But if he had visited someone local that morning, I'd think that person would have said so.

LE has not confirmed where the image came from. In fact they have refused to answer that question citing the integrity of the investigation. That is my own personal hunch.
Thank-you.
Unless there is a camera that monitors the bridge the only other place the photo of the man could have come from was from one of the girls phones.

How in the world did one perv' get those 2 girls to the spot where their bodies were found? Surely he could not have lugged each body one by one 3/4 mi' through that dense woods !

I WISH THE POLICE WOULD TELL US CAUSE OF DEATH AND MORE INFO' THAN THAT, BECAUSE IMO THE WE THE PUBLIC COULD REALLY HELP CATCH THIS MAN/2 MEN (?) !!

I would imagine the girls were force to walk to the location by the use of a weapon.

What has been really in my mind all day is the perp must have had some kind of prior knowledge about the area to feel comfortable enough to do this terrible crime in the day time in a very well used park, it's a big risk trying to get two people to comply with you even if you had a gun one of the girls could have thought I will make a run for it, so the perp would be in a position of either having to shoot and make a noise with the gunshot and risk being found out or letting one get away. My point being this perp either has very little fear, has done this many times before and is confident with what he does or is totally foolish and took a random chance. It just screams to me that he is very comfortable in those surroundings.

With that being said the fact that the man in the picture has not yet been identified yet makes me wonder if in fact he is local then I am shocked he hasnt been identified yet. But someone who lives a few towns away or maybe even further afield who had been walking on these trails in the past with either a partner or friends and had gone back more than once and really got to know the area but does not live in the immediate area. Heck we often drive over a hour to go to some of our favourite walking spots. So he could be familiar with the area and the people not familiar with him. Just thinking out loud here.

Thank-you.
Unless there is a camera that monitors the bridge the only other place the photo of the man could have come from was from one of the girls phones.

There were a few other people on the bridge that day that the police have already spoken to. I was thinking maybe they could have taken the picture of the man if they thought he looked out of place?... just thinking here

Both girls' last FB posts were in November. I wonder if they were no longer allowed to use FB or if LE removed more current postings.

The kids don't use FB as much anymore. They use snapchat, instagram and even newer ones that zi cant remember the names of. And some of these cannot be seen by LE because they automatically delete themselves.

Hello fellow artist ;)

It freaks me the heck out that he hasn't come forward yet. I can understand if he is shy or phobic, or doesn't have TV, radio, a computer, or a phone, OR go in public places with TVs. I find it hard to believe the man in the photo isn't aware. I mean come on. I have a fear of police and I'd still come forward if I was being plastered all over the entire internet in a context where people are OBVIOUSLY going to speculate I'm a murderer. Why wouldn't you want to clear that up if you weren't somehow involved? If not for the girls, for yourself? Needless to say I have no problem speculating this is a perpetrator.

PS what people are seeing as a hair part, I'm seeing as a button on a hat. The kind you see on a lot of baseball caps.

Hi!!!!

I agree - I think he is involved somehow. He definitely has seen the footage, in my opinion - wouldn't someone who did this be the least bit curious as to whether they are on to them?! If he was completely innocent, I believe, he would have come forward already. This is now national news.

He is wearing a baseball cap. It is undeniable to me. I can clearly see the bill, and there is a bill-shaped shadow somewhat over his eyes/forehead.

If the man in the picture did not kill the girls, it doesn't mean he hasn't committed some other type of crime somewhere else that he doesn't want to be arrested for... just for example an illegal alien with a few DUI's.

I can't believe we have no new updates... patience I know- but I worry , the more time passes the greater possibility of the person running off. Hope this isn't the case

Could the man only have been passing through? Visited someone that morning, was on the way back to his car and is far away now hence never heard of the crime or saw his photo on TV?
If the photo came from one of the girls cameras (where else would the photo of the man come from?) I don't think they randomly take pictures of people they do not know. My hunch is that they knew him.

A woman posted a comment in response to a FB post by Abigail's mother. The comment said "The Lord has them Anna". That comment was posted at 5:38am on Tuesday. Weren't the bodies found around noon on Tuesday? Or did I miss something?

Maybe she meant the Lord was watching over them?

Thank-you.

I would think it could have come from another visitors phone who was also at the bridge. They may have turned it over to LE.

What's the whisper app about?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

As far as the mans pants looking like there may be something flat in the leg...Some factories spray fire retardant on work jeans that makes them extremly stiff and they can look very similar. Just a thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I think you're on the right track, Miss Kerosene. Local could be within 70 miles or so in any direction. I have been thinking the exact same thoughts.

What has been really in my mind all day is the perp must have had some kind of prior knowledge about the area to feel comfortable enough to do this terrible crime in the day time in a very well used park, it's a big risk trying to get two people to comply with you even if you had a gun one of the girls could have thought I will make a run for it, so the perp would be in a position of either having to shoot and make a noise with the gunshot and risk being found out or letting one get away. My point being this perp either has very little fear, has done this many times before and is confident with what he does or is totally foolish and took a random chance. It just screams to me that he is very comfortable in those surroundings.

With that being said the fact that the man in the picture has not yet been identified yet makes me wonder if in fact he is local then I am shocked he hasnt been identified yet. But someone who lives a few towns away or maybe even further afield who had been walking on these trails in the past with either a partner or friends and had gone back more than once and really got to know the area but does not live in the immediate area. Heck we often drive over a hour to go to some of our favourite walking spots. So he could be familiar with the area and the people not familiar with him. Just thinking out loud here.

It's funny how we all respond differently to what we learn. These are great points.

I have felt the exact opposite with everything I've learned and read; that something made this person panic and this was not how he planned for it to play out, whatever that may have been. Some have mentioned that perhaps if this was a "meetup" (which I'm not leaning one way or another on) that he was expecting just one of the girls and was shaken by the fact both girls were there and reacted quickly/violently to regain control.

All speculation obviously, but this seems on point with the timeframe/odd placement of these poor young girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the photo came from one of the girls cameras (where else would the photo of the man come from?) I don't think they randomly take pictures of people they do not know. My hunch is that they knew him.

Unless they were expecting to meet someone much younger and realised this was not the case and thought they would sneak some snapchat or video of the creepy older guy trying to meet them to show friends and have a crazy story to tell.

Who knows what then would have happened maybe they met on the bridge and felt trapped so decided to try walking past the man and he pulled a gun on them and things went bad from there. Just a thought

There was also a couple who were in the trail that day... Its also possible that they took the picture.

I would think it could have come from another visitors phone who was also at the bridge. They may have turned it over to LE.

Possibility. Or one of the girls snapped the pic from a distance, as they might have thought they were being followed.

I'm not sure how common it is for teens as a hobby, but geocaching is popular among hikers. Which may explain why they ended up off of a trail. Geocaching is akin to treasure hunting, you use general clues, and GPS coordinates, to find items which are hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1