IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the state of Indiana the Department of Homeland Security is in charge of cybercrime and emergency medical, among many other things. I am an EMT and my certification is through Indiana Department of Homeland Security. I have lived in two other states where that wasn't the case.

Yes, exactly, cyber crime. I am not in Indiana, so I cannot comment on the state's particulars.

I don't think they would have as they were due to meet their relative about an hour after the SC pic was taken on the bridge. If they had walked east to the spot where they were found, they would not have made it back to the pick up point in time.

Unless the pick up point was much closer to where they were found?
The pick up point was even further from the spot they were found. Maybe a quarter mile or so. There's a photo not too far back that shows the drop off point, bridge, and where the girls were found.

I'm working on a cleaned up image of this. I started last night. I'll post it in the morning most likely due to my sched if he hasn't been found by then. The cap/hair issue is clearly a cap. Most likely camo from what I've done thus far. The angle, though, does not relate to the girls taking it. It would have been taken from a height that they were not at. I do agree that it was a trail cam or another person. I don't have the raw data, only what has been presented through media, so I can not say for certain. A taller person could have taken it, though. The raw data would be available to LE and they would know if it were not a trail cam. As well, the distance is interesting, due to the pixelation, so the POI is clearly in the background, far from the resolution point. It could be a trail cam that takes photos at particular intervals; if it were video, I think it would be much clearer. It appears to be enlarged and cropped. Media photos are the worst. This may be what they have, in which case it was a trail cam that takes photos at particular intervals and he was caught at a point where he was in frame but not in clear focus, or there is some deliberation in obstructing his features. My guess is the first. They want to catch this guy. If it were a shot by a bystander, he/she would have to be at least several inches taller than the POI. Totally possible.

So you should go become a verified insider re: your job expertise. Super helpful!

I think you may be right.... Either the girls or someone else on the trail saw this guy and thought he looked creepy or out of place and took the picture of him.

I don't think so. I think he was just by chance in someone's picture or video. jmo

How do I do this? I work for my local PD and DA office, and offer assistance to FBI at times.

Ha ha, yeah, been working in this area for a while. Computer nerd! For some reason I'm so intrigued and saddened by this case, so I had to jump in. :)

I'm glad you did (though sad about the circumstances that brought you here). WELCOME to Websleuths!

Hi, new to posting but have been lurking for years.

I work in LE as a digital forensics investigator. If the FBI has been called in, then there is a suspicion that the crime is a federal crime. The perp is from another state and is wanted for other related crimes and/or this is a cyber crime in some way and state police do not have the resources to investigate. If it were a simple local crime, the FBI would not be involved.

Cheers. Love the forum.

Thank you for your insight! I have been wondering why the FBI was involved with this investigation.

This tragedy has me lost for words. Following closely here....and may these sweet girls rest in paradise!

I'm glad you did (though sad about the circumstances that brought you here). WELCOME to Websleuths!

Thanks. You guys are amazing. I am just a tech person with computer knowledge; you all have years of detective work behind you. I mean that, seriously.

Bbm
That's what I thought at first too, until they executed the search on that house/ property. Now I am not so sure they have much more on the guy than that pic. They don't seem to be pushing the issue as much as I would expect, and they are definitely still looking for "who" did this, searching phone's and so on.

I suspect they know by now, or have a good idea what happened, they've released the bodies earlier than some victims, and they really are being tight with info, possibly they are wanting to protect the case they are building.
I just get the feeling they are not as interested in this particular guy as they were before.

I was thinking more along the lines of what was captured on the camera. We know these stills came from a video or at least the official document sent out to LE claimed that it was from a video. There may be more videos or this video may have something that points to something more than a random guy walking along a bridge at the wrong place/wrong time. They haven't yet ID'd the who yet.

What's interesting to me is if this was a cam set up to monitor the trail area, it would seem they would want it pointed to where it would pick up faces in the event of criminal activity. If that was the case, why isn't there a closer picture? Did it not reset in time? Was it set to go off at regular intervals rather than motion? Did the man on video not leave on the trail where he would have been picked up on cam closer?

Of course, none of this matters if it wasn't a security/trail cam and was from someone visiting or from the girls' phones.

I think its most likely they walked to that cemetery because its just where the kids go to hangout. The perp, or perps, were already there and things went dark. I think whoever is responsible is local and very young. The young set seem to know their way around on and off that trail.

I don't think it was a planned meet up on the girls part because there was no "I'm here" text sent after they arrived. If the perp knew they were coming, I think its because he knows them, or their siblings, or follows on social media.

Kids don't hang out at that cemetery and no one knows what texts were or were not sent. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, exactly, cyber crime. I am not in Indiana, so I cannot comment on the state's particulars.

That goes back to my original theory that the girls were meeting up with a guy from the internet. I still believe that is NOT a local because of this theory.

So much speculation... So many opinions... I know that's what WS is for, but I'm going to bow out and just wait until I see something from LE. Keep on sleuthin', folks!

Bbm
That's what I thought at first too, until they executed the search on that house/ property. Now I am not so sure they have much more on the guy than that pic. They don't seem to be pushing the issue as much as I would expect, and they are definitely still looking for "who" did this, searching phone's and so on.

I suspect they know by now, or have a good idea what happened, they've released the bodies earlier than some victims, and they really are being tight with info, possibly they are wanting to protect the case they are building.
I just get the feeling they are not as interested in this particular guy as they were before.

bbm Or they are just pretending to be?

To help assist all of the agencies involved stay in contact with each other, in real time. I've worked with the tech involved and have seen it used for high profile investigations. DHS has the tech, FBI most likely requested it.

This seems to agree with you:

Investigators picked up some help today from homeland security in Tippecanoe County. Police are using their communication satellite. Officers say this creates more phone lines and a faster internet connection.

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/17/as-pol...vestigation-community-comes-together-to-help/

LE mentioned that parents should be aware of what their kids were doing. I was assuming he meant be aware of SM stuff.

But maybe the parents/grandparent weren't aware the girls were on the trail. IIRC, it was a sister who dropped them off. It was a school holiday, but not a work holiday. The adults were possibly at work and were unaware of where the girls were headed that day.

TOTAL SPECULATION. Just pondering about LE's statement.

jmopinion at the moment.

Kids don't hang out at that cemetery and no one knows what texts were or were not sent. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They might not hang out at the cemetery, but would it be accessible from the trail? I'm thinking the photographer might be interested in taking some moody photos there.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member