IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So nothing new? Got excited there were so many new posts but just a rehash.

My understanding is K9s had to be brought in from Illinois and that's why it took so long for them to get there. I read it in one of the earlier articles but can't remember which article

I've seen that said a few times but not in MSM. It's hard for me to imagine there were no closer dogs than Illinois, especially in a city like Indianapolis or even Lafayette.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“We have to look at everybody. We are going through lists; people on that were on the trails, neighborhood watch, and social media. We are doing it all. We are making sure that we uncover every leaf that we can,” said Sgt. Kim Riley with Indiana State Police.

On Wednesday, investigators released a picture of a man believed to be walking on the Delphi Historic Trails around the same time as the girls. The man hasn’t been located yet.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/17/delphi-community-prepares-to-say-goodbye-to-teen-girls/

That is scary!

My experience is also pre-internet. We had phone "rooms" (I can't remember what we called them, but we did have a name). You'd call a phone number and you'd hear a busy signal, but you could shout out your phone number or listen for someone else to shout out their number. Sometimes people would also shout out questions like "How old are you?" or "Where do you live?"

Then people would call each other and have a conversation. My friend and I about 14, and we agreed to meet a couple of boys. We met them at a bowling alley and it was a disaster. Nothing dangerous happened, just really boring with no chemistry. However, the guys kept calling and calling and calling. I don't remember how it ended, but I remember being very stressed about the phone calls coming to my house.

Very mild compared to what happens now!!....But it makes me sympathetic to the kids wanting to connect. They are not looking for danger and they have no idea what can happen.

Well, I've aged myself now, haven't I? (And I didn't even mention meeting people through CB radio, lol!!)

We used to call it Pipeline

I suppose the killer left foot prints leaving the area, since they were found by searchers following their footprints in. Would he have been so brazen as to go back the way he came? Or did he keep going away from the bridge, what would he have eventually run into?

They were found by their footprints? I don't know how, but I must have missed that. Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were found by their footprints? I don't know how, but I must have missed that. Is that true?

I read it somewhere recently too, but I'm not sure where. I also read it was a volunteer that found them, so potentially there's several foot prints from searchers.

Could LE have "raced to the scene" to retrieve a camera they set up to watch people visiting the crime scene? I know some killers go back. Also, are they going to look at people who helped search and people going to visitation? Just to see if someone stands out? It's a small town and if he is local, he could insert himself into the case.

I read it somewhere recently too, but I'm not sure where. I also read it was a volunteer that found them, so potentially there's several foot prints from searchers.

I had read where one of the volunteers had found them also. I thought he did an interview but I could've mistaken him for the property owner.

I'm not familiar with the area at all but getting down to the spot they were found in was pretty rough, wasn't it? I thought I had read somewhere that it was pretty steep and took some effort to get to. I have to take breaks from reading about it because I can't stop thinking about her terrifying that would be, for anyone, at any age.

I think the real question is, "Who took the pic of the guy LE is looking for?. Hehe :)

Its not a pic! Its an artist drawing! HAAAA! Joking.

In all sincerity--- I wish we could have a pinned post in many cases. The same questions get asked over and over- which I understand! because who can read back 90 pages to try to see if it has been asked! BUT, at the same time, it would be so nice if we had a place to stick a question and answer section.

Q- Is this a photo someone who was scared of someone took?
A- It is a still shot of a video, source has not been released by law enforcement (stick link here)

Q- Oh my gosh! There is a person back there!
A- No, as explained by the police, it is 3 poles to keep cars from driving (link)

Q- Maybe they were never picked up and got lost!
A- The girls were dropped by a family member at 1pm by a family member. The scheduled pickup time was between 3 and 3:30. When the girls didn't arrive or answer calls, a missing persons call was made at 5:30pm (link)

I know I am forgetting some other ones. And it isn't to shame anyone asking. It is just that if we had a quick Q and A for things that are facts (not the stuff that is our opinions like hood on or baseball cap), people could be directed there or take a quick little look to get an update.

:) Of course, then our thread would probably only be about 30 pages long and what fun would that be.

Oh! Q- Why were these girls not in school?
A- It was a scheduled day off school, due to not using the snow days built into the school year.

Sorry if this has been mentioned,but for the photo experts here, could this be somebody walking behind her on the tracks?

due to the distance it would make the human like 13 feet tall, think its just tree's

I've seen that said a few times but not in MSM. It's hard for me to imagine there were no closer dogs than Illinois, especially in a city like Indianapolis or even Lafayette.

Reported on Jc online:

A specialized K-9 group from Macomb, Illinois, aided in the morning's search, Leazenby said Tuesday morning.

This was also mentioned on our local news stations WTHR and WISH.

I think the girls filmed him as he stalked them; it's not some random trail cam taking videos on the trail. That doesn't make much sense to me. We know the girls are taking pics and videos and we know tehe trail was unlikely to be heavily used on a 40 or 50 degree day in February.

Smartphones videos are awful at a distance and the zoom is merely digital, not optical, so they're just blowing up the picture. The girls saw this guy following them and started filming him as they were walking away. The poor quality still may even be from the front facing camera aka selfie lens taking the video as the girls are walking away holding the camera up filming what's taking place behind them as they start walking faster and faster.

That is a possibility. But why wouldn't they call or text for help if they thought a man was following them? They could have called their ride and asked to come now or called 911 to scare they guy off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

In parts of Indiana, Illinois would actually be closer for bringing in K9s. I know thatmy daughter lives closer than I do to that area and she's closer to Illinois than she is Indianapolis. I have seen cases where dogs where brought in from several states away, so it's really not that unheard of

The MacComb Illinois police dog team is specialized in trailing/tracking missing persons. I believe they have at least one bloodhound on their team.

Unfortunately, 13 and 14 yr Olds are not wired that way yet. Many don't have the analytical tools to make those decisions yet. Which is why children are easy prey for these monsters. My money on the girls taking video of this "person"

Hello all!
This is my first post so please forgive me if I do anything wrong.
I've been following this tragic case all week. I've read through most of all three threads here but I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, sorry if I missed it.
I was thinking that just because a photo was posted to Liberty's Snapchat account around 2 p.m. we don't know for certain that Liberty was the one who posted it. We also don't know for certain that she took the photo or if it was even taken on the day that they went missing (though it's probable given what Abigail was wearing).
Just some thoughts about things that could affect the timeline.
It's things like this that keep me up at night.

I know some people are getting tired of reading about the picture, but I just wanted to say that I don't think there's anything suspicious about the picture itself. It looks like the video was taken from a distance and someone blew up the stills, and maybe increased the contrast and lighting to make the face clearer.

I don't believe the girls went there to meet someone, but it is possible that someone was there because they knew the girls would be. It doesn't have to be someone either of them knew, but it could have easily been a friend of a friend who saw a conversation between one of the girls and a mutual friend talking about going hiking. It would be so much easier to come up with a working theory if there was any information available - COD, TOD, source of the video or anything else that might be even a bit helpful.

Totally unrelated to the case - when I was young, we called those "phone rooms" jam lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring