IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading an article yesterday, do not have link, but do not think it is necessary.

It stated that a viewing for both girls is being held today at the high school.

To me that is not the right place, kids should not have to go to school, I think of the traumatic and emotional issues that could arise.
Is it just me? but I think a different venue would have suited this much better.

I agree. When I was in high school one of my friends committed suicide. It was a really small town, smaller than Delphi, population wise. We had the funeral in the gym, and it was horrible. That's all anyone could think about from then on in that gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long had they been planning this hike, anyone know? Was it spontaneous, or otherwise?

I've mentioned in other threads I no longer go hiking alone due to weirdos up in the mountains and woods.

I agree. Once when our boys were small we had gone up to an area in my state that has a gorge and waterfalls as well as caverns. The caverns are touristy with guided tours and a big store at the entrance but the gorge has nature trails and such and is a ways from the caverns. Anyway, it was later in the evening but still light and most people had gone. My husband and I had wanted to to see a waterfall before heading back and the boys were actually content for their young age. We noticed a car pulling up with us when we got to this last trail in the park that had out of state tags.

My husband was a cop still at the time and his guard went up right away when two hispanic men and a black guy got out and were not dressed for your typical hike. They went on a trail that led up to a lookout over the gorge where the drop was steep and wilderness below thick and we had gone another way toward the falls.

My husband was weirded out about the whole thing as we were literally the one only four cars at this set of trails and could not even enjoy the falls. Neither could I because I am no stranger to going toward the morbid crime thinking either. It is how we met when I did a ride along at the agency where he worked. The boys picking up on our nervousness or just being kids got fussy too so we headed back.

Guess who was coming down the trail on the way back? The two Hispanic guys and the black guy was strangely absent. They got in their car and us in our car pretending to fuss with the boys more than usual, changing diapers, getting bottles in hand and you know the kid stuff. I was terrified for a minute they would see us as witnesses or something. Or maybe they had a cabin in the woods and we were letting our imagination go wild.

In any case, please accept my apologies for this novel. But the other details set the imagery for my thoughts that you never know who you will meet in the woods. My sons are almost as old as these girls and there is no way I would ever let them hike alone. They were walking in the woods behind our house and this guy came up and knew their names saying he had lost his drone and could he help them find it. One of them was going to go but my older son got him to come back and the other kids kind of picked on him for being willing. But it was right behind our home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would the school setting be any different from a funeral home setting? Kids are going to be emotional no matter where the viewing is held.

Any setting would be emotional but a funeral home they would not have to return to or return to often., school on the other hand they spend most of their time and every time they walk into that building they are going to associate it with the viewing. Even an outdoor park could have been set up beautifully and weather is permitting 64 degrees today.

He definitely had to be armed.

Unless it was an arranged meeting with someone they met on the Internet and he gave the alcohol with something laced like GHB or Rohypnol.

Just one more thought about the photo. If it had been taken from a trail camera why wouldn't LE have mentioned that? In the trail by my home (another Indiana small town) a few crimes have happened on the trail over the years and photos have been released and identified as coming from one of the trail cameras that are in place to deter vandalism.

This leads me to think that the source of the photo here was taken by one of the girls or another person on the trail.

Otherwise what would the harm be in mentioning it came from a trail camera?

Any setting would be emotional but a funeral home they would not have to return to or return to often., school on the other hand they spend most of their time and every time they walk into that building they are going to associate it with the viewing. Even an outdoor park could have been set up beautifully and weather is permitting 64 degrees today.

they will also be reminded every time they see her empty desk. There's no avoiding it.

the school makes sense for the memorial. holds more capability and probably has the best surveillance system in area set up to monitor who shows up

How often does homeland security get invovled in homicides? Also i would like to know what qualifies to bringing them onto a case....
And a side note... someone mentioned that homeless and vagrants is something that doesnt happen here... if speaking about delphi, it indeed does. A woman was even interviewed about running into someone that had a meth lab in those woods previously. Unfortunately that happens all over.

the school makes sense for the memorial. holds more capability and probably has the best surveillance system in area set up to monitor who shows up

Yup! Also, with children if you expect a big turn out its common to hold them at schools for space.

How often does homeland security get invovled in homicides? Also i would like to know what qualifies to bringing them onto a case....
And a side note... someone mentioned that homeless and vagrants is something that doesnt happen here... if speaking about delphi, it indeed does. A woman was even interviewed about running into someone that had a meth lab in those woods previously. Unfortunately that happens all over.

Homeland Security is there to offer satellite communications to aid in the volume of calls and direct communication with Washington Crime Lab. Their role was defined in one of the Press Releases from LE

Homeland Security provides emergency services in Indiana. If you want to know current travel conditions and issued advisories during the winter, you go to their site.

They really don't have much else to do here. It's Indiana.

Did a very brief search and it seems they'd only get involved if the murder was committed was by an illegal immigrant.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just one more thought about the photo. If it had been taken from a trail camera why wouldn't LE have mentioned that? In the trail by my home (another Indiana small town) a few crimes have happened on the trail over the years and photos have been released and identified as coming from one of the trail cameras that are in place to deter vandalism.

This leads me to think that the source of the photo here was taken by one of the girls or another person on the trail.

Otherwise what would the harm be in mentioning it came from a trail camera?

Why wouldn't the guy have come forward by now? It is a small town so this has got to be front page news even in the surrounding areas. You would think a person not connected would want to clear their name as soon as possible. But I guess he could have warrants and other stuff too and he could have come forward they are just not saying.

Did a very brief search and it seems they'd only get involved if the murder was committed was by an illegal immigrant.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That is actually incorrect information. It was announced that they are there to provide satellite communications to assist in the investigation

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/17/as-pol...vestigation-community-comes-together-to-help/

"Investigators picked up some help today from homeland security in Tippecanoe County. Police are using their communication satellite. Officers say this creates more phone lines and a faster internet connection."

So sorry if this these have been asked and then answered...
1) When were the days off school first announced, were they slipped in due to the fact no snow days were used or was it common knowledge these would be coming up?
2) Was it clear from their SM posts that they would be alone. IF someone was "stalking" their posts would it be clear it was only the two girls who would be going near the bridge etc?

Hoping for the families there is a resolution soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Homeland Security provides emergency services in Indiana. If you want to know current travel conditions and issued advisories during the winter, you go to their site.

They really don't have much else to do here. It's Indiana.

The following link is why they are there..

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/17/as-poli...ether-to-help/

"Investigators picked up some help today from homeland security in Tippecanoe County. Police are using their communication satellite. Officers say this creates more phone lines and a faster internet connection."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member