IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting about the drone footage. It is WAY more steep/clifflike than I'd imagined and I can't see getting to the creek bed from either side of the bridge without going through the woods for some ways. No way would I be brave enough to get on that bridge after seeing the drone footage. It looks so different from that side angle.

Someone posted a link to Inside Edition of a reporter at the bridge and then going down a hill. If he did it, they could have too. IMO

When I was in sixth grade walking home from school a guy walking towards me exposed himself as he got closer. I just stood there with my jaw unhinged. After a long second he kept going. I found my feet and ran. I imagine that anyone coming towards you pulling any kind of unsuspected moves could very well freeze your instincts, judgements, whatever. I don't think he used a ruse. I think he was fast, aggressive, assured, commanding. Gave them no time to think. I do feel that Libby got an uncomfortable feeling the first time he may have passed them (guessing) so she took his image then shoved her phone in her pocket still on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I haven't seen that so I was under the impression that it was not large. I'll try to find that coverage to get a better idea.

from the third video on this page, the area taped off by crime tape. Landowner said the girls were "somewhere i the middle of the taped area"):
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...e-bodies-of-two-missing-teen-girls-were-found

attachment.php

correction ... "Landowner said", not the grandfather.

Attachments

• IMG_0991.JPG
    IMG_0991.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 679
right, but I think it refers to the video Libby took....the last time he was seen....by anyone even on video was 2;30pm. Because IMO Libby then stuck her cell in her pocket and all we have is sound.

There is no way to ask this question without my eyes tearing up .Could this be estimated time of death?:sigh:
:cow:

Considering the girls location I doubt her phone (if she even had an iPhone) would have uploaded the video to the cloud since there probably wasn't a close enough cell tower to give her phone a full signal. I know that my phone doesn't even add my pictures to my Photo Stream until it's either connected to a WiFi signal or has a strong cellular signal.

If reports are correct that her phone was turned off (or the battery died) around the time that they were reported missing I doubt there was much of a chance of the video being already uploaded.
My daughter and I had perfect cell phone signals yesterday at the bridge and trail. So it's hard to know. I have an android but my daughter has an Iphone.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

One other thought re: control of the victims, I think it could be possible he had one of them tie up the other.

I still think that is rope or ties sticking out of his jacket jmo, moo, imo. And I think he used the body holster I posted way upstream, explaining the odd angle of the gun.

Also, not to go backwards, but I heard orginally "GO down the hill" clearly, not git, then I think they cut that out later and took out the bg noise to only include the 3 words. I think the main thing we can gleam is that most locals recognized it as seeming to be fairly local? Anyway, it is soooo interesting though how we toooootally hear things differently (and see) different. It's like the old cellphone video game thing from eons ago where only kids/some people can hear certain frequencies, sounds...I think bc as we age the ear loses certain abilities, not saying that's the case here, just saying so interesting. Same why witness accounts do not always hold weight, like when Oprah staged that experiment moons ago with the fake purse snatching while viewers were waiting in line for her show and they all had different descriptions of the guy who ran away.)

2:07pm Snap Chat photo of Abby, taken by Libby
2:30pm BG last scene (likely on Libby's phone)
3/3:30pm Girls supposed to be picked up, did not show
5:30pm Girls reported missing
?? Search called off for night, family did not stop searching
11:45am (next day) search resumes
12:00pm ISH (??) girls' bodies found

Wow they had just resumed the search - didnt realize that.
I wonder if they had gone through the area the day before and didnt see them?

Someone posted a link to Inside Edition of a reporter at the bridge and then going down a hill. If he did it, they could have too. IMO

Thanks! Just watched it. Very steep and could def. be "down the hill"

Good point about boys being comfortable with the terrain and also knowledgeable of all the trails and hidden spots. When we go hiking in my DH's hometown, he goes off trail on all sorts of hard-to-see paths and over rough terrain - but even at his "dad jeans" age, he can do it like a mountain goat because he knows the land so well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the perp grew up exploring those trails.

jmopinion

I agree. I have been thinking that maybe his grandparents or his cousins lived in/around Delphi. And maybe he spent many summers playing in those woods. But he does not live in the area so locals would not recognize him now.

My gosh just seeing this roped off like this. How brazen was this guy to march these two girls down here in broad daylight???

Then how did she upload the Snapchat picture? She did have signal from the bridge.

I use DropBox and every picture and video is automatically uploaded to dropbox. I used to have unlimited data plan and would use my phones data plan to upload immediately. Now I have it switched to only use Wifi as I share 14 GBs with my family.

I think it's different with the cloud, with that you do have to be connected to wifi whereas other apps can just use cellular data to make updates and such

so can we assume that pic of the suspect was taken ay 2:30 pm by libby? I mean the video? So, within 23 minutes of the snapchat pic they get confronted.

The timeline in this case is something we rarely get. I would say you are correct.

Add: the girls were supposed to be picked up between 3:00 & 3:30. And supposedly there was a person on the bridge around the time the girls were supposed to be picked up. She saw a man, and a couple. No sign of the girls. They were reported missing at 5:30 PM, and a search of the area began that night which lasted beyond midnight. The girls were found deceased at 12:30 PM the next day, 22 hours after the snapchat pic was posted.

It's very likely, based on the undisclosed phone data, LE knows TOD.

Has family been completely cleared..i have a couple theories but hate to even speculate��

Websleuths is a victim-friendly forum and that extends to their families (who are, of course, victims themselves). Therefore, we cannot sleuth family members or friends unless they've been officially named persons of interest.

if you do sleuth them on your own, you cannot discuss on Websleuths what you find (unless the person is later named a POI).

From the rules (posted on the first post on every thread in case anyone wants a refresher):
"VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. "

Please please go to YouTube and type Monon Highbridge. User is Jacob Adams. He has drone footage of bridge that is unbelievable. It also shows view from under bridge and slope. This bridge is H.U.G.E.

I just found this post. THANK you so much. This type of footage is exactly what I was talking about. That's quite a helpful perspective.

Hopefully a local can help us with some of these questions. I have read it's forbidden however there are markers on the trail leading to bridge supposedly so I'm guessing it's not frowned upon?

If I was allowed in that area (I'm sure it's still cordoned off) I could get you anything you needed as far as video/picture. Does anyone know how long they usually keep people away from a crime scene?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Search was called off at midnight. Search restarted early next morning.

2:07pm Snap Chat photo of Abby, taken by Libby
2:30pm BG last scene (likely on Libby's phone)
3/3:30pm Girls supposed to be picked up, did not show
5:30pm Girls reported missing
?? Search called off for night, family did not stop searching
11:45am (next day) search resumes
12:00pm ISH (??) girls' bodies found

I think, JMO. that if you see something that needs to be called in as a tip, do it (CALL) but do not post about it here on the thread. <snip>

. I am not calling anyone out on here but it is something we all need to think about.........

Again, it's also good to remember we do not know who is reading - and even posting - here on WS.

It's not unheard of that suspects or family/friends of a POI have read and even posted here.

Sharing something on WS or in messages that could possibly tip off the suspect or POI that people are onto him before you pass something off to LE is potentially risking slowing down or hindering the suspect being caught and justice being brought about for Libby and Abby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro