IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a Google Earth image of the bridge area.
I am trying to grasp how he came to be there.

Where would be the closest place to park a vehicle here?

abs.JPG

This IS the two pics in sequence, said to be taken from a video and said to be only a couple of seconds apart, as he's moving his step from one foot to the next and it only takes a second or two to do that. I can't imagine finding the quote after all this time but there was not enough seconds in between the two images for a hood to be removed, that i know for a fact but cannot substantiate with a link at this time. I know someone else can but do not know if anyone else will. There's even an animated gif somewhere showing them back to back as he's walking.

BBM

GIF. That's the word I couldn't remember. Hopefully someone will post it again since it makes it clear the pics are very close in sequence. Tks.

My apologies for not reading every single post. Since there seems to be quite a bit of contention about the suspects photo and audio released by LE, I figured I'd give my two cents on those particular issues first.

So first, as far as the photo itself goes, I see a Caucasian male, approx. 37-44 years old. They appear to have a light amount of light brown facial hair, more than scruff but potentially not a fully grown out beard. This individual appears to have their left hand in their left front jeans pants pocket. Their right hand appears to be in their right brown hoodie pocket, which hangs down below the rigidity of what appears to be some type of more heavy duty, blue utility jacket/work coat. His overall look sort of reminds me of fishermen here in Montana in the fall and spring. They appear to be carrying something of some consequence either inside their jacket on the right hand side or perhaps in the right hand coat pocket itself. Though the photo is somewhat pixelated, I do not believe that the suspect gives off the typical homeless/drifter vibe. The colors in the blue coat and blue jeans suggest, reasonably well kept well laundered. Not something you'd expect to see on a typical drifter/transient. I believe we see the top of the head and I do not see any significant male pattern baldness.

As for the audio loop that was released, I think it is pretty clear that the suspect says "Get down the hill" not just "Down the hill" I have listened to the clip particularly closely. A few thoughts on the audio. I listened to the audio repeatedly and thought that the person on the audio sounds somewhat younger than I was expecting to hear based on the photo. I do not believe that the person on audio is older than early 40's and I would say late 30's to 40 is probably more likely. I sensed in the suspects voice that they were experiencing stress. Likely fear of being heard, fear of being seen, potentially fear of one or both of the captors being insubordinate. I do not get the sense that the suspect is a typically commanding person. I would guess that this is a typically somewhat soft spoken individual in their day to day life with occasional anger outbursts. They likely are introverted but still rather acclimated into the community. I do not believe that this was a random act. I believe that these girls were targeted. I also believe that we will come to find out that this individual has abducted, raped or murdered before. This wasn't an isolated incident for them as a crime of opportunity. This was a case of stalking and or setting these victims up somehow online or simply following their social media footprints until he knew he could strike. I believe this person is local or at least semi-local, likely lives within 15-35 miles of the crime. They would have been familiar with this area and particularly these trails in the past, recently or both.

People should be thinking back about noticing someone matching this description walking these trails in the two weeks previous to this event. This person would absolutely been through this area recently, possibly as recently as the previous few days preceding February 13th.They would have had a plan already in place and mentally rehearsed this before they went through with the crime itself. I believe that this person acted alone in the crimes.

That's roughly my opinion so far based on what I know.

That's a very nice post, Mophebius, logical and well tought out. I agree with you on almost all points. I hear "g'down the hill", as in "go down the hill", not simply "down the hill". And I don't find his voice menacing. He sounds like any average person instructing a child or even a pet dog. His calm demeanor, and the horrible outcome, is what makes the audio chilling, and difficult to listen to.

Like you, I believe he's 35-45, but closer to the younger end. Neither do I get the impression that he's a homeless drifter. Of course, we have only the snippet of video to work with, but in it, he's walks with purpose, not aimlessly wandering. IMO. His motivation might have come from his intent to approach the girls, of course, or something else. Either way, he seems to have a sense of purpose, an intended destination. JMO

That said, I find his stance is peculiar. In a word, he's lopsided, burdened down by who-knows-what he's carrying. I think it's something heavy, and it's throwing off his posture. A local mentioned -- and I apologize that I've forgotten the name -- that there is a liquor store near the tracks on the side from which he's approaching. It also appears in the photos that he has a white plastic grocery bag under his jacket, with the tied ends sticking out. So that makes me wonder if he'd picked up a couple of bottles, and was heading somewhere to drink, maybe to meet up with someone? If there is a liquor store, the employees would know if he'd stopped in, but LE would not release that info. But if he were going to meet a buddy, he'd know the suspect bever showed up. Or did he?

It's hard to surmise, when the territory is unfamiliarr to me, despite all the photos and input from locals, but I wonder if he would use that bridge to get home, or to another person's residence? Or if he was going to meet someone in the woods to hang out and drink? Some favorite meet up spot?

Because crimes,of opportunity are prevalent, especially in cases like this one, I'm not convinved the girls were targeted before he happened to see them that day on, or approaching, the trail. From that point, they would have been on his radar, but not previously, IMO only. And to add, if Libby and Abby had an inkling someone was stalking or harassing them, I doubt they would have gone out on the trail alone that day.

These are just some of the ideas that have come from ruminating for over a week, and I might be way off base. Therefore, I reserve the right to change my mind as LE releases additional infirmation. ;)

I have no problem with him making money off of ads. Lots of work went into making the videos and he literally does crime scene re-creation part time as his work.

yeah.. I don't mean to be overly harsh but I also can't help how i feel. But I don't need to share how I feel so I suppose I"ll go edit that post.

I don't know how to link things on my phone but I've just watched a video on the crime watch daily and they're is one with LE talking about the case.

yeah.. I don't mean to be overly harsh but I also can't help how i feel. But I don't need to share how I feel so I suppose I"ll go edit that post.

I don't think you need to edit. We can all have different feelings about things :)

Oh yeah, if you saw my posts from earlier regarding seeing Abby's coat in the frame that would mean that Abbey is only feet/yards away, then him smoking when he is possibly about to engage with her/them seems weird timing. I would think he would want hands free?

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that there is no cigarette, it is a hoodie that is up on his head in both, and that either way whether I"m right or wrong, it won't help the public identify who this guy is because there's no way someone will be like "that looks just like my neighbor Joe Schmoe except his hoodie is always only in the up position and in one pic here it appears to be down therefore it cannot be Joe Schmoe who did this" IYKWIM.. I think it simply doesn't help identify this guy either way and won't change things in the end. I'm nto saying we shouldn't discuss it, just commenting on your question as to our thoughts about it all.... I also do think that it looks like her coat in the frame, but do not think that smoking is involved. JMO.

Part Two of Gray Hughes YouTube videos re: locations of suspect and victims and overview of the locations involved

[video=youtube;_TFz4citG68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFz4citG68[/video]

I said this is what I thought may have happened several days back, stomach churning to see it visually. I'm now even more certain they did go across the creek, either in an attempt to get away or by force. :(

I don't think you need to edit. We can all have different feelings about things :)

thanks for your supportive comment, but I edited anyway because every post that someone reads through on their way to the end of a thread helps influence their mindset and emotional state and I don't want to add negativity to this situation. We all need to work together, so I deleted it anyway. :)

thanks for your supportive comment, but I edited anyway because every post that someone reads through on their way to the end of a thread helps influence their mindset and emotional state and I don't want to add negativity to this situation. We all need to work together, so I deleted it anyway. :)

OK, do you want me to delete my post? I'm happy to do it

Does anyone think LE will release some more info soon seen as the little amount they've revealed already hasn't yet lead to an arrest or an ID of the suspect?
Well I don't think we'll get a better image of the suspect...since the one they released is on 6000 billboards...so what more could they release? More audio? More video of his gait as he walks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Right by the cemetery or on 625 which turns into a private road and runs underneath the bridge

Didn't LE state that the suspect was walking Southeast on the bridge?

If he came from the Northwest end of the bridge...its all wooded for quite a distance.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

BBM

GIF. That's the word I couldn't remember. Hopefully someone will post it again since it makes it clear the pics are very close in sequence. Tks.

I edited it into my link/comment that you just quoted, if you go back and look again you should find it. :)

OK, do you want me to delete my post? I'm happy to do it

as you wish! don't want to clutter the thread, but then again it could serve as an example for others to see us discuss it and me choose to delete the negativity. I don't mind either way.

Image on left is the original...the others are my attempts to clean the facial area of the suspect up via online photo editor.
I do not see a cigarette and it looks like he is wearing a hat or hoodie..

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

SORRY EVERYONE MY VERY RECENT POST WAS MEANT TO BE IN RESPONSE TO THIS POST NOT THE ONE ABOUT SAYING IT IS A HOODIE. STILL VERY NEW HERE. ALSO HAVE CORRECTED TYPOS - yikes.

I did lots of messing around with the two photos too and I would agree BG is definitely wearing a hoodie but IMHO the hoodie is not on his head but down and gathered at the back of his head and neck. I was sure that what I was seeing was just hair with a part in the middle but when I zeroed in with a darkening tool, the camo hat theory became quite obvious (to me anyway). Notice how the top right of his head is pointy? To me that said had to be a hat or a seriously bad hair day. My conclusion has staunchly been that this is a camo baseball type hat with a small bill that is tightly folded down at the sides like seems to be the fashion? That also led me to think that he is on the younger side - 20 to 30-ish because that trend with the bill is something I haven't really seen the older guys do.

But now, looking at these photos, and I am just thinking out loud here, I have a new theory about the whole hoodie/hat/hair dilemna:

The coat seems to be an insultated hooded coat with a gray fleece or sweatshirt material lining in the hood. Hoodies, to me, are are sweatshirt material (at least at the hood part) and are quite floppy and thinish. If the hood on this coat is made of the same material as the jacket, that means, with the lining, it would be quite stiff. So, in the last picture above, it looks like the hood part has fallen partially off his head on the left but it still "standing" stiff and partially on top of the right side of his head, leaving that point I described as being part of the baseball cap above. That pointy bit could just be the part of the hood that has not fallen down.

That being said, when I look at my enhanced pictures without too much scrutinizing, my first instinct is hair, parted in the middle, which my new theory would support. When I look closely and scrutinize, I definitely see possible camo baseball cap, regardless of the hood being partially covering or not.

I still think he is younger rather than older. And, as for the smoking, my thoughts would be that while people who do smoke often walk with cigs in their mouths, they would still need a free hand. His hands look tight in his jeans pockets - too hard to get out to handle a cigarette. IDK though as I do not smoke myself and therefore cannot give an educated guess about that.

Just my 2cents for what it is worth. Good photo enhancements BTW.

Oh yeah, if you saw my posts from earlier regarding seeing Abby's coat in the frame that would mean that Abbey is only feet/yards away, then him smoking when he is possibly about to engage with her/them seems weird timing. I would think he would want hands free?

Thoughts?

I wonder if anyone is savvy enough to take a still from the video that has an above-view of the bridge and where the girls were found, and edit onto it an arrow or something to show where the cemetery is that had been discussed quite a bit in the past?

When I look at the pictures I see a hoodie, but the hood is down, The guy appears to be wearing a camo ball cap withe the bill of the cap in a tight U shape that was popular years back. This is done so you do not have to wear sun glasses. It shades your eyes from the top and both sides, It is also a clue to his age.

I just posted a long, drawn out dissertation basically concurring. Hope I learn your ability to make my point without boring everyone to tears! I should have scrolled down just an eensy bit further before replying!

What if this guy does have a hat on in the stills but LE has the hat now so there is no need to look for someone with a camo hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper