IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to look for a post I made many pages ago and bump it but in case I can't find it, is there a local here right now? Do you know if there are any campgrounds/RV rental parks where people stay overnight/for a few days with their RV campers that are right nearby?

thanks in advance!

I posted good morning and some thoughts that were lost when the thread got swept up. Hoping I didn't post a no-no. But thanks to the mods for re-opening these threads in a timely manner.

To newbies, we have been VERY fortunate that these threads are reopening as fast as they are. I have been on threads that have been closed for 12 HOURS or more! Which would be a shame because these little sweeties NEED us all.

Anyway, my updated thoughts are (minus what's not allowed) that perhaps LE Has indeed recovered the ACTUAL phone and the girls belongings because they have NOT asked the public to BOLO for ANY items. THIS is unusual. In my experience they mostly always ask the local pop to BOLO for items that may have been discarded from the PERP and/or victims.

As always, JMO and MOO.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LE did ask anyone who had seen someone throwing a backpack away to report it, but nothing about a phone or phones.

"We want to look at any aspect of what somebody might have seen," Riley said, adding that if someone saw a person throwing away a backpack, they'd be interested in tracking that down, too.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/20/police-look-outside-delphi-suspect/98158706/

State police release PSA to help find suspect in murders of 2 teens

[FONT=&quot]The PSA was recorded at WMRS radio in Monticello.

Sound clip at the link:

[/FONT]
http://wane.com/2017/02/25/state-police-release-psa-to-help-find-suspect-in-murders-of-2-teens/

I'm going to check out the book, too.

I'll broaden your thoughts on murder to include any type of trauna- abuse, neglect, other violent crime. All can lead to trauma reactions, and even clinical diagnosis of post traumatic stress disorder, for primary and secondary victims. In my field I'm exposed to hearing vivid details of traumatic experiences on a daily basis and know I'm suffering from secondary traumatic stress when I start having nightmares, intrusive thoughts, hypervigilance, etc that impacts my daily functioning.

Likewise, it explains why these threads get so emotionally charged and so called "witch hunts" ensue. Even just reading about traumatic details can lead to these reactions.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I've often wondered about people such as yourself. I was in therapy several years ago including group, and still feel the effects of some things I heard. And it wasnt my daily job.

Good points all aroun!

“I and so many other people, both in law enforcement and out of law enforcement, want to help,” retired prosecutor John Meyers said.

He said after hearing about the case, he desperately wanted to help.

“No one can adequately verbalize how horrible this is,” said Meyers.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/24/over-20-law-enforcement-agencies-team-up-to-solve-delphi-homicides/

Nice article, thanks for the post.

"Meyers is now taking a break from retirement and is back in the courtroom. He said he’s filling in on everyday cases, so other prosecutors have more time to work on the girls’ case.

“It gave me the opportunity to make a contribution, and I was very glad to get that opportunity,” Meyers said."

...wow, that is so great. Another behind-the-scenes everday hero.
Thank you, John Meyers.
And thanks to the other assisting LE, and many more we don't even know about...

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/24/over-20-law-enforcement-agencies-team-up-to-solve-delphi-homicides/

I think it's often very hard to consider a friend or neighbor to be "that guy".

Anne Rule worked side-by-side with Ted Bundy, for example, I never had a clue he was the serial killer they were looking for. Even covering the trial she thought he was innocent right up until the end.

I am an amateur for sure at criminal profiling however I do not see this guy as the Ted Bundy type. Bundy was smart, good looking and charismatic. Just from the LE photo I think we can say he is not a good looking man by typical standards. Also the fact that it appears LE has Libby's phone does not make him very smart. Ted Bundy was a perfect storm of charisma, and intelligence bound up in one very evil and perhaps possesed individual. Thankfully society is rid of him.

I have an extensive history of adminning and webmastering forums for bands and attending live shows and videotaping them, sometimes with my phone though I do prefer my "real camera" as it is far higher quality.

I've been stuck at shows before after running out of space on my removable memory card as well as on the phone and had to stop recording altogether because I cannot possibly upload the videos I'd already recorded to the cloud, delete them to make more space, and start recording more all within any period of time that would allow me to NOT miss most of the show. again, FWIW.
I wasn't thinking of that kind of big video, I was thinking of things like two-minute segments of friends horsing around or finding a cache or bits of nature.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Was there a forensic site,looking for tire tracks, at the cemetery? POI was dressed so bundled up compared to Abbey. Maybe he came on a motorcycle.

I don't know. There were LE vehicles all over the cemetery, so it would seem they drove over any tracks that might have been there.

LE did ask anyone who had seen someone throwing a backpack away to report it, but nothing about a phone or phones.

"We want to look at any aspect of what somebody might have seen," Riley said, adding that if someone saw a person throwing away a backpack, they'd be interested in tracking that down, too.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/20/police-look-outside-delphi-suspect/98158706/
I remember that! Great catch. I wonder why that wasn't repeated at the "BIG" presser the other day? Could be they found it on subsequent searches of area? I think either they are sure one of the girls had one that is unaccounted for, OR the recordings we are not privy to may imo have the perp directing one if the girls to retrieve rope or tape or something from his "pack" while he was physically restraining the other. (I really hate imagining what is on portions we haven't heard. I hope we NEVER learn for families sakes).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Opinion: If the participants on WS are frustrated about having the audio and photo image of the alleged suspect but not really knowing how to identify him, just think how law enforcement might feel right now. It's not a bad idea to stop and give thanks for those LEO truly on the front line of this tragedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to check out the book, too.

I'll broaden your thoughts on murder to include any type of trauna- abuse, neglect, other violent crime. All can lead to trauma reactions, and even clinical diagnosis of post traumatic stress disorder, for primary and secondary victims. In my field I'm exposed to hearing vivid details of traumatic experiences on a daily basis and know I'm suffering from secondary traumatic stress when I start having nightmares, intrusive thoughts, hypervigilance, etc that impacts my daily functioning.

Likewise, it explains why these threads get so emotionally charged and so called "witch hunts" ensue. Even just reading about traumatic details can lead to these reactions.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I agree. I have PTSD and frequent disassociation from having been nearly married to a psychopathic murderer. I do go to therapy and take medications. It was ten years ago but he has effectively ruined my life. Relationships are difficult as I trust so few.

I still see it as my fault. There were many red flags, but I chose to ignore them as I thought he was "different" and "quirky".

So, everyone, this may explain this guy isn't caught.

ALWAYS trust your instincts. Always. If I had just talked to someone, I could have prevented a murder of an innocent elderly woman, an attempted murder of someone else and a near hijacking.

If you feel something is off, please go to authorities. Trust me, you don't want to live this way.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Part Two of Gray Hughes YouTube videos re: locations of suspect and victims and overview of the locations involved

[video=youtube;_TFz4citG68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFz4citG68[/video]

I'm way behind as usual. I just watched the two videos and was quite shocked at how spot on they are, in my opinion. Gray Hughes is so very talented. Just being able to read and reply to this forum is about the limit of my tech skills. If you are reading this Hughes; thanks so much for that.

I am going to look for a post I made many pages ago and bump it but in case I can't find it, is there a local here right now? Do you know if there are any campgrounds/RV rental parks where people stay overnight/for a few days with their RV campers that are right nearby?

thanks in advance!
I thought I saw that there was a campground nearby.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Phones don't upload to the cloud unless connected to a power source and/or wifi IME but I agree, it's pointless to go over this minute detail.

JMO

I have been trying to read about how devices like smart cell phones can use external data storage and its pretty amazing and complicated. I am new to use of smart phones so take this with a grain of salt.

I believe external storage of different types of data depends on many things. It depends on

*the type of phone someone has---what make and model

*which cell phone service provider one is using

*the type of application someone has downloaded to use

*whether the phone has a signal to a tower

*whether the person is logged into an application

*whether there is a wi-fi network available

It really depends on many things and depending on all these things then a cell phone can and will transmit data to an external data storage. This sometimes happens automatically in a lot of situations.

This link below shows one example of how one type of phone does some of this external storage and notice it says or a "data network". Which to me means some companys data network that will store the data if you happen to be connected to that network and/or application you are running on your phone. I may be wrong but I think the cell phone tower may be all that is needed to get to certain types of networks and to transmit certain types of data.

So in a nutshell the way I think of this is if a person is using some phone application and the phone has a "connection" then the data from the phone can end up on some external data storage somewhere.

And the really crazy thing is I have read where if a phone does not have a "connection" then some applications on the phone keep the data on the phone until a connection is reestablished and then the data is transmitted.

So the bottom line is it depends on many things but the point is that data can end up going to external storage places.

And from reading the very fine print when I setup my new phone for certain settings I think a lot of times the company's service or application someone is using can do external storage of someones data without them ever having to do anything at all.
Its not like I have to push a button or click SEND for my phone to have data end up going to an external data storage device. Certain phones and applications grab the data and get it. They do this for many reasons too. Marketing research is one good reason they do it. So they can figure out how people are using their phones so they can tailor products and services for the masses. To make more money in the future from us.

Below is just one example for one type of phone

"With photo syncing activated, recently snapped photos will be uploaded and shared across connected devices, as long as the device is connected to Wi-Fi or a data network."

https://news.samsung.com/global/sam...o-upgrade-back-up-and-sync-your-galaxy-device

This link shows the complexity involved and different ways data can go other places.

http://www.tech-faq.com/how-do-cell-phones-work.html

It's cases like these that make me terrified for my daughters when they're older. :(

I am an amateur for sure at criminal profiling however I do not see this guy as the Ted Bundy type. Bundy was smart, good looking and charismatic. Just from the LE photo I think we can say he is not a good looking man by typical standards. Also the fact that it appears LE has Libby's phone does not make him very smart. Ted Bundy was a perfect storm of charisma, and intelligence bound up in one very evil and perhaps possesed individual. Thankfully society is rid of him.

In no way was I comparing Bundy to this perp. Just saying we tend to see the good in our own. Lots of people posting pic, and info of men they think might resemble the . for ( perhaps a better) example, but nobody throwing up a photo of anyone THEY know personally...

Im reposting this from the last thread bc i am curious what others think:

Have a question i wanted to ask that i have been thinking about? Do you think the girls were abducted and forced down the hill on the south side of the bridge and forced to cross the creek to where their bodies were found? Or instead do you think they were abducted on the bridge and forced back to the north side and forced down the hill on the north east side of the bridge to where their bodies were found. Did they pass the suspect on the bridge and he followed them back to the north end and forced them down the north east hill and then down to where their bodies were discovered? I ask this bc i know many have speculated that they were forced down the hill on the south side of the bridge and would of had to cross the creek. But I have studied topography and photos and watched youtube videos and those bank along the river look pretty steep to me, i mean getting down to the water would be hard enough. But then you have to factor in that they would of had to climb or be carried up the opposite side bank of the creek in order to be found at their finally restting spot 50' from the creek? ; just my 2 cents <br><br>curious what other sleuthers think?

Also as NIN pointed out : Maybe we are missing something here and they were taken somewhere and brought back and place?
Playing catch up! Being a Hoosier myself most men and women are very outdoors minded. We have hunters who are not fazed by these hills. I have hunted many a night hoofing it up one side and sliding down the other. IMO I honestly don't think he gave a hoot if they were injured or were going to struggle down a hill or back up it. Its strictly MY OPINION but I think he took the fastest route regardless what it was. If he knew the outcome would be their deaths he had no concern in regards to whether the girls got wet crossing the creek.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members