IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest advantage this killer has is apathy.

Sure, all of us who come to this site know about the case........but I can tell you that no one at my workplace has a clue that this terrible crime even happened.

Have we become so self-involved........so inured to murderous violence.........that a headline.....or a news segment detailing two teens missing/found dead doesn't garner our attention?

The FBI can only do so much to get this story out.

So yes..........the biggest advantage for this killer is our own disinterest.

I thank God for this website and the wonderful people here.

Totally agree.

In an earlier thread, a woman was asking about a gas station she stopped at off of the highway near Delphi. She couldn't recall the location, but felt she saw a suspicious person and it would have been near the time of the crime. I'm mentioning this because she said it was near a Mobil home park. Someone responded suggesting where they think she was, BUT that it was an RV park. So yes, it's possible one was near this area.

Good catch! But she did realize later that she was much further away than she'd thought, and she clarified that fact and said "never mind" basically about it being possibly related due to the actual distance away the turned out to be.

Still though, sketchy looking dudes near camping areas off the highway is exactly what I've been thinking about, and there's just one example of the fact that it's not a completely "out there" thought at least!

ETA: TTF14 just gave another example, excellent, thanks! I had a feeling this was something that probably had been done before (what HASN"T been done before though, right?) but hadn't seen any cases specifically related to the idea, so that's a cool coincidence, timing-wise.

There also appears to be an aggregate company, topsoil company, as well as a large equipment repair company close by. Is there any new construction in the area? Construction worker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure, all of us who come to this site know about the case........but I can tell you that no one at my workplace has a clue that this terrible crime even happened.

Have we become so self-involved........so inured to murderous violence.........that a headline.....or a news segment detailing two teens missing/found dead doesn't garner our attention?

I live all the way in Oregon, and everyone I talk to knows about it and is incensed he's not caught yet and none of them even know about this site

I live all the way in Oregon, and everyone I talk to knows about it and is incensed he's not caught yet and none of them even know about this site

I am happy to hear that. I wish that were the case everywhere.

I think if someone did a man-on-the-street interview and asked the general public if they are aware of this case I think you might be shocked at the results.

I think it has to do with whether people use social media or not. People who do use it, know about the case because of everyone sharing it on facebook etc. People who do not use social media don't know about it in many instances, again like with my husband who doesn't use technology except TV, and if it's not on the big bang theory or street outlaws he's not gonna know about it. We don't subscribe to a local paper or watch the news, and radio music stinks so we use CDs. So if it wasn't for me being on social media we'd never know about anything, and I think that's increasingly more and more common these days considering how many people are cancelling cable and using netflix instead. I've never seen any kind of alert come up on netflix like they would on tv with the emergency alert system or amber alerts or breaking news. So stuff like this reaches far fewer people than in years past. It's just a matter of demographics. I'm sure that people who are in their twenties and live in actual cities/towns that are not super rural probably can't fathom of the way this guy dressed being the norm, or of the fact that some people might not have heard of this case, or that this type of guy wouldn't wear a fit bit, or that these aren't "dad jeans" they're simply normal pants, etc etc etc..... but IMO people are comparing this guy to the people they see on trendy tv shows instead of the people they'd see on swamp people. That's a mistake IMO... this isn't a trendy guy in a trendy town, this is a manual laborer type in a rural enough area that most of the men aren't gonna be wearing skinny jeans and doc martens and drinking starbucks. IMO

alright I need to stop rambling so much. I"m in a mental zone right now that is free-associating I guess, but it will get annoying for future posters to wade through. sorry.

I think it has to do with whether people use social media or not. People who do use it, know about the case because of everyone sharing it on facebook etc. People who do not use social media don't know about it in many instances, again like with my husband who doesn't use technology except TV, and if it's not on the big bang theory or street outlaws he's not gonna know about it. We don't subscribe to a local paper or watch the news, and radio music stinks so we use CDs. So if it wasn't for me being on social media we'd never know about anything, and I think that's increasingly more and more common these days considering how many people are cancelling cable and using netflix instead. I've never seen any kind of alert come up on netflix like they would on tv with the emergency alert system or amber alerts or breaking news. So stuff like this reaches far fewer people than in years past. It's just a matter of demographics. I'm sure that people who are in their twenties and live in actual cities/towns that are not super rural probably can't fathom of the way this guy dressed being the norm, or of the fact that some people might not have heard of this case, or that this type of guy wouldn't wear a fit bit, or that these aren't "dad jeans" they're simply normal pants, etc etc etc..... but IMO people are comparing this guy to the people they see on trendy tv shows instead of the people they'd see on swamp people. That's a mistake IMO... this isn't a trendy guy in a trendy town, this is a manual laborer type in a rural enough area that most of the men aren't gonna be wearing skinny jeans and doc martens and drinking starbucks. IMO

alright I need to stop rambling so much. I"m in a mental zone right now that is free-associating I guess, but it will get annoying for future posters to wade through. sorry.

Well said.

Considering the FBI put up 6000 billboards it isn't too much of a stretch to also believe they pushed the networks and cables to get the photos and audio out to the public.

I personally do not find him to look like a transient at all, he looks like my husband and all his friends who are all 40-50 years old and manual laborers in tree service, asphalt, construction, heavy equipment, landscaping, snow plowing, firewood, etc... but some have postulated that he looked transient or homeless to them, so I've included that wording in order to illustrate how my theory (which I'm not committed to, simply am pondering due to lack of anything new to think about in this case right now) could encompass theirs as well, perhaps.

IMO in the two pics we have of him, and the animated gifs some members have created from them, it looks to me like his coat is heavy from the inside with whatever he is carrying inside of it, not like it's his body weight/belly at all. which I can't remember why I just brought that up in this post... sorry need coffee. barely 8am here.

Indeed, we're all speculating as there's so little known about this. I agree his coat looks like he's carrying something....which to me is consistent with the notion that this was a pre-planned event and he had everything he needed with him concealed in his jacket.....maybe another reason for the largish jacket on an otherwise nice day there.

I cant get over the idea that a) he really seems to have an intimate knowledge of the terrain, b) he probably doesn't reside there just because no one seems to have been able to identify him yet, c) that he either got really lucky in the transmission of this whole thing or he really put a lot of effort into his plan, and d) LE seems very concerned and it casting a very wide net to ID him.

That leads me to believe that a) he could have grown up there, b) he's mobile and likely a loner, c) it's hard for me not to come to the conclusion that he planned every detail, and d) this may well be a serial killer

Utter speculation on my part....just my opinion

Not sure if this helps anyone or not but here's a 3 minute video I made explaining the geography of the CS and how it correlates with what we know and what some have speculated. May help provide a better visual. [video=youtube;SapOh3AekeA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SapOh3AekeA[/video]

Good stuff! Sorry if this has already been addressed. The pin for the possible location of the bodies is in the wrong place, the wrong side of the creek. I've hastily and roughly drawn a red circle to mark the area the bodies were found. MOO

bodies.PNG

I cant get over the idea that a) he really seems to have an intimate knowledge of the terrain, b) he probably doesn't reside there just because no one seems to have been able to identify him yet, c) that he either got really lucky in the transmission of this whole thing or he really put a lot of effort into his plan, and d) LE seems very concerned and it casting a very wide net to ID him.

That leads me to believe that a) he could have grown up there, b) he's mobile and likely a loner, c) it's hard for me not to come to the conclusion that he planned every detail, and d) this may well be a serial killer

SBM - I agree on all of those points.

I will over-think one more time, and theorize that PERHAPS the reason that he may have grown up there YET nobody is naming him (as far as we know so far), could PERHAPS be explained if he was a foster child/in the system as a child - perhaps there used to be an older couple who took in fosters with troubled backgrounds but the couple has since passed away, and nobody else ever gave this guy the time of day, or something like that... I wouldn't theorize that maybe he spent a lot of time in jail because then I think that DNA or fingerprints or SOMETHING might have successfully tied him into this case by now..

but he does seem quite familiar with the area, which seems hard to reconcile against the fact that nobody seems to be able to identify him.

There is a trail in Md that i walk in the warm months, lots of walkers,joggers, bikes. He looks very normal to me, if we crossed paths on that trail i won't give him a second look. I see people in all kinds of clothes, some walk at lunch time. I walk in jeans/shorts. Jmo

I hurt my back today so have been MIA. So much pain 😣
Have I missed anything new?

SBM - I agree on all of those points.

I will over-think one more time, and theorize that PERHAPS the reason that he may have grown up there YET nobody is naming him (as far as we know so far), could PERHAPS be explained if he was a foster child/in the system as a child - perhaps there used to be an older couple who took in fosters with troubled backgrounds but the couple has since passed away, and nobody else ever gave this guy the time of day, or something like that... I wouldn't theorize that maybe he spent a lot of time in jail because then I think that DNA or fingerprints or SOMETHING might have successfully tied him into this case by now..

but he does seem quite familiar with the area, which seems hard to reconcile against the fact that nobody seems to be able to identify him.

I fully agree with that, that's why early on I said that if I grew up there and graduated between say...1990-2005ish, I'd be dragging out my high school year books and looking through them...who knows if there's anything to be found but, well, who knows?

I did try to find archives of the local Delphi high school pictures from that timeframe but was unsuccessful. I'm not very good at that kind of thing though.

Not sure if this helps anyone or not but here's a 3 minute video I made explaining the geography of the CS and how it correlates with what we know and what some have speculated. May help provide a better visual. [video=youtube;SapOh3AekeA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SapOh3AekeA[/video]

Thank you! This is very helpful and gives me a much better perception of the area and positions of certain happenings that day.

Let's talk profile. I have read in a few places where there is speculation of a truck driver, con, person who travels in an RV, etc. I am on a little bit of a different track based on what I see in the pictures, so I thought I would share.
The man in the photos seems to be very well dressed and well groomed. He has hunting related attire on, but it appears off the shelf (new or does not seem to have been used many times). His hat is camo and he also has a tactical gear or concealed weapons fanny pack that his right hand is in in the first frame and then seems to be out with a possible black handgun now exposed in the second (the one where Abigail William's coat is visible). It also could be the lighting or an odd wrinkle in his clothing, but I wonder if he is wearing a knee guard (as used in hunting or laying floors) because his left leg has an odd shape that would possibly match that product.
Studying these photos, my belief is that this man was watching the bridge for the purpose of "hunting" a female human. This is why - I believe portions of his attire were bought for this day or in planning for this day. He has money and may not be someone anyone else would even think could possibly be involved. Possibly law enforcement or someone in a field that requires you to be well groomed, possibly someone who just has plenty of money to spare. He has been to this area before and knows that that bridge/ trail would be extremely difficult to escape from. I can not tell if the girls encountered him on the bridge or on the trail, but if it were on the bridge and he had a gun, there would be virtually no way they could escape during the initial encounter besides jumping. I believe when he saw his targets he approached and I believe that he had possibly been waiting for a while for the right victims to come along, much like hunting an animal.
I am not convinced he is a current resident, but possibly someone who grew up there and moved or possibly has family in the area. I think he knew the area and understood that that would be a place where a person would be vulnerable. I believe if it were a resident he would have already be in custody, but if it were someone very unsuspecting it is possible he is there.
I earned my degree in criminal justice and this case has caught my attention. Whoever did this is extremely calculated and went to great lengths to commit this crime, in my opinion. I think the person it will end up being may shock some.

I think I spend waayy too much time on WS...LOL. Any other time I wouldn't have picked up on that. I think WS has made me become more aware.

To answer your question, it was a Fox59 Video. Fox has it posted 12:36pm, February 19, 2017.

OMG~~I'm just starting to follow this. May these two beautiful girls RIP and sending prayers to the families. This is just aweful. I hope the perp is caught very very soon!!!

Video from Fox59 that is being discussed.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/19/man-pho...ficially-a-suspect-in-deaths-of-delphi-teens/

ETA: it is around the 1:00 minute mark in the video.

This is great except the cemetery is completely enclosed with a barbed wire fence across the back.

a4baa0c7cdf1a2af453bb237540ebb38.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I have to agree. You would think with all the technology/internet/SM we have now that people would be much more informed, but it seems to be just the opposite. Or maybe there has been such an increase in the evil and crimes committed we've just become desensitized. Sad world we live in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member