IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone feels like brainstorming on a different level with me, but I'm thinking a lot about the possibility of the perp living in an RV and leisurely moving across the country from place to place picking up odd jobs to pay for gas and food or something, which is why I was asking if anyone knew if there was a campground right there... also because in Lyric and Elizabeth's case there was a lot of talk for some time about an RV.... I keep wondering if there were RV parks near where each set of girls went missing, or was found, and also keep thinking it might be handy to get someone to make a map of the routes that LE are talking about most in this case and along which there are definitely a lot of billboards, and note on there where the RV campgrounds are... I say "RV campgrounds" specifically because lots of campgrounds are for tents but some have the electric and water hookups that RVs need....

anyway just saying, people often just want SOMETHING to work on in a case like this and I guess I feel like maybe the phone/hat/hoodie/plastic bag/ etc have been very thoroughly analyzed across 12 threads now so maybe someone bored will see this idea and be like "that's what I can do today!" ... I can't because first of all, I never got used to new google maps and I hate it, and second of all because my family is feeling neglected.

ADMIN NOTE: Do NOT post photos of random individuals in a side by side fashion to compare with unidentified suspect. You may be sleuthing someone ten ways to Sunday but do NOT post about it here. Until there is a named suspect to sleuth it is against TOS.

If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Posts that are outside the rules are subject to removal without warning or explanation. Members who continue to post against the rules are subject to a loss of posting privileges.

Please continue discussing while being mindful of the rules which can always be found linked in my signature.

Just bumping this so that people can be sure to take note of the first line.

We even get a notice in the mail if a RSO is moving into our area, which includes their picture and booking information/arrest information or whatever, and the address/area they're moving into. I haven't received one in years or I'd scan one to show you.

I just wish that certain situations were classified differently. My sons (in their early 20s now) went to school with a boy who was accused of statutory rape because he was 19 and his girlfriend was 16 and her parents pressed charges - he's now a RSO and it will follow him the rest of his life.

I agree with you. My son had a high school friend who killed himself in their senior year because of that very thing. There is a world of difference between a true child molester and an 18 year old having consensual sex with his 16 year old girlfriend. Yet both are classified as RSO.

Hi Everyone Again,

I'll be watching this thread tonight.

We have incredible sleuthing going on in Abby and Liberty's tragic case.

Please stay on topic.

No discussion of Geocaching.

If your post is in violation of our terms of service we are going to start issuing time-outs.

I really hate issuing time-outs so please keep up the good work and stay on topic.

Thank you,
Tricia

BBM/bump.

We even get a notice in the mail if a RSO is moving into our area, which includes their picture and booking information/arrest information or whatever, and the address/area they're moving into. I haven't received one in years or I'd scan one to show you.

I just wish that certain situations were classified differently. My sons (in their early 20s now) went to school with a boy who was accused of statutory rape because he was 19 and his girlfriend was 16 and her parents pressed charges - he's now a RSO and it will follow him the rest of his life.

This. We had a client who was prosecuted at 18 for having sex with his boyfriend who was 17. The parents pressed charges the minute our client turned 18. Twenty years later they are still together (and now married) but he's a RSO for the remainder of his life. It's just mind boggling.

I don't know if anyone feels like brainstorming on a different level with me, but I'm thinking a lot about the possibility of the perp living in an RV and leisurely moving across the country from place to place picking up odd jobs to pay for gas and food or something, which is why I was asking if anyone knew if there was a campground right there... also because in Lyric and Elizabeth's case there was a lot of talk for some time about an RV.... I keep wondering if there were RV parks near where each set of girls went missing, or was found, and also keep thinking it might be handy to get someone to make a map of the routes that LE are talking about most in this case and along which there are definitely a lot of billboards, and note on there where the RV campgrounds are... I say "RV campgrounds" specifically because lots of campgrounds are for tents but some have the electric and water hookups that RVs need....

anyway just saying, people often just want SOMETHING to work on in a case like this and I guess I feel like maybe the phone/hat/hoodie/plastic bag/ etc have been very thoroughly analyzed across 12 threads now so maybe someone bored will see this idea and be like "that's what I can do today!" ... I can't because first of all, I never got used to new google maps and I hate it, and second of all because my family is feeling neglected.

This is as likely a scenario as any. That's why I've been on the trucker thing. If your premise is true, it would make sense that he is not being readily recognized, he could easily be independently wealthy driving around the country solo in an RV doing whatever he does and not interacting with many people. Same mobility and freedom apply (probably even more) as to a trucker or transportation worker and presumably even less interaction with other people if he so chose. Interesting theory..

Lyric's parents were deeply involved in the Meth trade. Her father was facing 235 years in prison and just before the girls disappeared he agreed to a plea deal to reduce his sentence to 45 years..this could very easily be a motive to retaliate by others in the drug trade if he flipped on them. Sending a message by hurting those close to someone is not that far fetched...Elizabeth may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

With respect to the Indiana and Iowa crimes being similar...they really are not. The girls in Indiana were already at the location when accosted and the girls in Iowa were likely forced into a vehicle.

I take it noone else was out hiking or walking on that trial on that day.? Seems like it would be a popular spot. I just can't believe that he wasn't seen by someone. How can that be?

The may have came from the south/east area of the bridge.

It seems most people walk onto the bridge from the north/west side, go a bit of a distance and then turn around and go back.

Abby and Libby walked all the way across the bridge. The could have already been coming from the south/east side, passed Abby and Libby and then turned around and followed them.

If the followed them from the north/west side it could have just been at a time when no one else was around. The farther you get from the north/west side the more isolated it seems to be. I don't see anyone but Abby on the bridge in Libby's snapchat photo.

Really. I only know of one person who used to live near me and it's safe to say he wasn't here for long because people knew and he had to leave. We get nothing to let us know where they are I don't know why. Mind you our country is pathetic at dealing with these people

This is as likely a scenario as any. That's why I've been on the trucker thing. If your premise is true, it would make sense that he is not being readily recognized, he could easily be independently wealthy driving around the country solo in an RV doing whatever he does and not interacting with many people. Same mobility and freedom apply (probably even more) as to a trucker or transportation worker and presumably even less interaction with other people if he so chose. Interesting theory..

Thank you, I thought trucker at first but there are a few things nagging at me that seem to make that a little less plausible, but the main reason this occurred to me is because I was at a local park about 4 days ago and it was beautiful out for this time of year (I do not live within several/many hours of where the girls went missing, BTW) and so there were a number of people there and i did a double take at one of them because his body shape and size reminded me of the perp/bridge guy from this case.. I did a second lap around the park in my vehicle slowly and noted that despite the RV/camping area being closed off to traffic for the winter with some wooden sawhorse-type barricades (because it's dirt/mud/snow/puddles in there this time of year and people could get stuck), there were tons of people walking dogs over there and whatnot. I got to remembering how, a long time ago, a buddy of my husband had a job but no place to stay in the middle of summer so he rented a camping spot for like $15 a week or something and pitched a tent in a local-to-him park and lived in his tent for a couple of months over the summer so he could save up money and get a decent apartment.. my husband's friend died years ago but, again, it got the wheels turning and I came to think "what if bridge guy is dressed so heavily because he, too, is spending his days and nights outdoors, but isn't homeless... has a "home on wheels"... regularly travels the highways, frequents rest areas, yet looks much like a transient and perhaps earns money like one?.... etc...

pondering over coffee....

The may have came from the south/east area of the bridge.

It seems most people walk onto the bridge from the north/west side, go a bit of a distance and then turn around and go back.

Abby and Libby walked all the way across the bridge. The could have already been coming from the south/east side, passed Abby and Libby and then turned around and followed them.

If the followed them from the north/west side it could have just been at a time when no one else was around. The farther you get from the north/west side the more isolated it seems to be. I don't see anyone but Abby on the bridge in Libby's snapchat photo.

Forgive me for being a little bit light hearted in such a serious matter but I just have to ask - are you accidentally putting instead of POI or do you know what your'e saying? I mean dont' get me wrong it fits! LOL just was curious if it was intentional.

In an earlier post I wondered if he could be a driver associated with the animals being hauled for slaughter - the authoritative command of "(git) down the hill".

The watch (time) may be because he has to get back on the road .

Thank you, I thought trucker at first but there are a few things nagging at me that seem to make that a little less plausible, but the main reason this occurred to me is because I was at a local park about 4 days ago and it was beautiful out for this time of year (I do not live within several/many hours of where the girls went missing, BTW) and so there were a number of people there and i did a double take at one of them because his body shape and size reminded me of the perp/bridge guy from this case.. I did a second lap around the park in my vehicle slowly and noted that despite the RV/camping area being closed off to traffic for the winter with some wooden sawhorse-type barricades (because it's dirt/mud/snow/puddles in there this time of year and people could get stuck), there were tons of people walking dogs over there and whatnot. I got to remembering how, a long time ago, a buddy of my husband had a job but no place to stay in the middle of summer so he rented a camping spot for like $15 a week or something and pitched a tent in a local-to-him park and lived in his tent for a couple of months over the summer so he could save up money and get a decent apartment.. my husband's friend died years ago but, again, it got the wheels turning and I came to think "what if bridge guy is dressed so heavily because he, too, is spending his days and nights outdoors, but isn't homeless... has a "home on wheels"... regularly travels the highways, frequents rest areas, yet looks much like a transient and perhaps earns money like one?.... etc...

I kind of respectfully disagree that he looks like a transient, he could be walking about anywhere but a sunny beach and really not look out of place based on the picture IMO. I am of the belief (and very possibly wrong) that this guy is cunning and planned every detail of this including being dressed to not stand out and seem non-threatening. His entire demeanor in that pic looks to me like he is trying to come off as non-threatening.

He could have easily parked down by the river where Deer Creek enters, there's parking there for the trails, walked the trails up Deer Creek to the bridge, done his deeds, then just sauntered right back down the trail to his RV/rig/car/whatever and drove away before any search was even started.

In an earlier thread, a woman was asking about a gas station she stopped at off of the highway near Delphi. She couldn't recall the location, but felt she saw a suspicious person and it would have been near the time of the crime. I'm mentioning this because she said it was near a Mobil home park. Someone responded suggesting where they think she was, BUT that it was an RV park. So yes, it's possible one was near this area.

I kind of respectfully disagree that he looks like a transient, he could be walking about anywhere but a sunny beach and really not look out of place based on the picture IMO. I am of the belief (and very possibly wrong) that this guy is cunning and planned every detail of this including being dressed to not stand out and seem non-threatening. His entire demeanor in that pic looks to me like he is trying to come off as non-threatening.

He could have easily parked down by the river where Deer Creek enters, there's parking there for the trails, walked the trails up Deer Creek to the bridge, done his deeds, then just sauntered right back down the trail to his RV/rig/car/whatever and drove away before any search was even started.

I personally do not find him to look like a transient at all, he looks like my husband and all his friends who are all 40-50 years old and manual laborers in tree service, asphalt, construction, heavy equipment, landscaping, snow plowing, firewood, etc... but some have postulated that he looked transient or homeless to them, so I've included that wording in order to illustrate how my theory (which I'm not committed to, simply am pondering due to lack of anything new to think about in this case right now) could encompass theirs as well, perhaps.

IMO in the two pics we have of him, and the animated gifs some members have created from them, it looks to me like his coat is heavy from the inside with whatever he is carrying inside of it, not like it's his body weight/belly at all. which I can't remember why I just brought that up in this post... sorry need coffee. barely 8am here.

The biggest advantage this killer has is apathy.

Sure, all of us who come to this site know about the case........but I can tell you that no one at my workplace has a clue that this terrible crime even happened.

Have we become so self-involved........so inured to murderous violence.........that a headline.....or a news segment detailing two teens missing/found dead doesn't garner our attention?

The FBI can only do so much to get this story out.

So yes..........the biggest advantage for this killer is our own disinterest.

I thank God for this website and the wonderful people here.

I'm watching an episode of Paula Zahn (literally, right now) where the serial murderer is a drifter who camps. (In this case, he was camping in FL for the Daytona 500).

In an earlier thread, a woman was asking about a gas station she stopped at off of the highway near Delphi. She couldn't recall the location, but felt she saw a suspicious person and it would have been near the time of the crime. I'm mentioning this because she said it was near a Mobil home park. Someone responded suggesting where they think she was, BUT that it was an RV park. So yes, it's possible one was near this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway