IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricia,

If you can answer this....does Websleuths ever get requests (subpoenaed?) to provide registrant information for users? (i.e. if it's suspected a perp might be participating in a thread for a crime they've committed)

Thanks for the question :) As I have said in many interviews we rarely get subpoenas but we do get them. The police will not tell us anything as to why they want member's information other than, once in a great while, they will say the poster posted information that wasn't released to the public.

My sister was brutally attacked her throat cut 5 times head almost severed from body, all the bones in the left side of her face broken, stabbed in head behind left ear, fracture skull, stabbed 18 times in back, stabbed in stomach, liver, esophagus, each wound up to the sheath of knife... Can you imagine? Oh yes all her ribs broken on left side also. She was able to be shown. It depends on skill of funeral director.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry for your sister, you and your family. What a terrible thing to go through. :(

FBI seems to think there's a very good chance of it. I don't think the FBI just says things like that for the heck of it.

Can you provide a source for that? I haven't been able to find anything saying the FBI believe the Iowa murders are related in any way.

I am just glad the POI didn't go ahead after the crime and just took a picture/video with Libby's phone of a stranger walking on the bridge..can you imagine the confusion..

-Nin

I'm here! I can look into that, but it won't be tonight. I am also of the opinion that RSO's were the first people they looked at - esp. non-compliant ones... JMO
I am sure they have already looked at this man. Another poster said that a few days ago he was not listed as noncompliant but now he is. I am wondering if its pissible he disappeared after the murders. That would be suspicious, especially if he is a violent offender and past crimes were against young girls.
If he is involved i am sure they are onto him.

The photo has been altered in some way along the way.. some may say artifact ... I call it sloppy editing

In your professional opinion, could the altering be due to initial blurring/ removing of someone else in the photo? Meaning, whoever originally edited it before it was released to the public?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks for responding. This is the first time I have ever been involved online. Over the years I would come here to see what you all were saying about a particular case because you all seemed to know so much. But reading what you all write and being involved enough to post is a completely different experience. I think I am surprised by that. Oh and the sadness is really overwhelming at times. I think that I will take a break but gosh you are all so amazing and so dedicated.

I should probably also have added that pretty much no one in my "real life" has a passion for true crime or following missing people cases or cold cases, so with Websleuths I have always sort of felt I've found "my people" in a way. hahaha

In "real life" people often don't want to talk about depressing things or pay much attention to the injustices in the world, in my opinion.

And when I want to take a break and just smile, I just go check out the live giraffe cam or something similar.

I'm glad you joined us here.

Thanks for the question :) As I have said in many interviews we rarely get subpoenas but we do get them. The police will not tell us anything as to why they want member's information other than, once in a great while, they will say the poster posted information that wasn't released to the public.
Thank you! I have always wondered as well.

Here would be something useful. Delphi is only a town of about 3000 people. Automatically rule out everyone who lived in the city before 2012. That will rule out probably 85% of the current residents. Now we have a subset of 450 people, rule out everyone who is not a caucasian man at least 30 years old. I'm guessing we're down to around 100 people tops. Of those 100 people, who lived in Iowa around 2012. There's your killer!

Why are we ruling out any caucasian man under the age of 30 years old?

I am just glad the POI didn't go ahead after the crime and just took a picture/video with Libby's phone of a stranger walking on the bridge..can you imagine the confusion..

-Nin
Sly like a fox!
Who knows!
You are very clever.
That had not crossed my mind,
Other than questions about the time when it was taken.

Why are we ruling out any caucasian man under the age of 30 years old?
Yeah, he could very well be much younger. The picture isn't perfect on the age...

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Unless they're non-compliant right now and LE can't find them and don't want to scare the public or something but this is unlikely for many reasons IMO.

They would at least have a name if it was a rso because you can be assured they have dna on all the rso out there. That's why if they got dna from the suspect it's pointless to keep trying to match up rso pictures with bg because dna would have come through as a match in all their computer systems. That is how they will also be able to link him to other crimes. Just moo

It is just background noise originally being the trees, shrubbery and leafs. Then possibly erased and cloned or just cloned, then opaqued. -Nin

Maybe it's my eyes playing tricks on me. I see a face with a young girl's facial features. I don't know whether the photo could have been modified in a way to unintentional leave that? I'm assuming no, but I can't unsee that face.

@AFTM,

I don't want to quote you, I'm sure that was difficult to write. Just want to say... I have no words... I hope they caught your sisters killer. :grouphug:

They would at least have a name if it was a rso because you can be assured they have dna on all the rso out there. That's why if they got dna from the suspect it's pointless to keep trying to match up rso pictures with bg because dna would have come through as a match in all their computer systems. That is how they will also be able to link him to other crimes. Just moo

Yes, that was top on my list of "many reasons", you nailed it!

Hi, I'm new, brought here by this case. I live about 25 minutes from Delphi and have been deeply shaken by this, as has everyone in this area. I'm a mom of 3, grandmother to 6, and I can't even imagine. It's such a cliche and very naive, but "stuff like this doesn't happen here!" Those girls were out walking the trail, because that's the kind of thing we do around here, and in general we have no fear of murderous fiends stalking us, or our children. That has certainly changed for me.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's insight into the huge, horrific mystery - took me two threads to figure out what BG meant ;)

We don't know any more on the local level than what you all know on a global level. It's frustrating. I've heard rumors, you know, "My neighbor's cousin works with Libby's aunt, and she said...." Nothing is fit for posting.

All I can say is, I hope he is found, and in this one particular instance, I'm glad Indiana still has the death penalty.

I'm looking forward (god, it feels wrong to say that, in a way) to reading more on the forum.

jen

Welcome to the sleuthing team!

Two things to take away from that: 1) LE is monitoring this forum; and 2) use a anonymous VPN if you wish to keep your identity secret.

We don't know they have DNA. afaik

I read an article yesterday that said the FBI thinks there could be a connection between the two cases. Our perp lived in Iowa in 2012 and now he lives in Delphi, Indiana. He could be some kind of worker whose job makes him travel from place to place.

Do you have a link? I'm very interested in reading that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons