IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a map trying to summarize only what is proven so far. Other than the "down the hill audio" almost nothing has been released. They were dropped off around 1PM near the location shown. By 2:07pm they were just across the bridge, both photos are on the south side of the creek. The man approaches on the bridge, possibly on the south side of the bridge but that's not 100% confirmed. Based on what I've gathered I believe he's near the orange circle but it could be anywhere along that bridge. By noon the next day they are found southeast of the cemetery. You can see on the Topography map the area east of the north side of the bridge is VERY hilly. To get to the location where the girls ended up you have to either cross the creek from the south or go around that hilly area in one way or another.

Unless I left something out, that's all we really know for sure. I think the guy might have parked at the cemetery, might have used the trees there as cover and entered the woods from that side to stalk people on the trail. But that's just speculation.

attachment.php

Great maps! For people who are not understanding the hills, consider the bridge is 6-7 stories high and the hill goes down from that height to the creek.

Totally Off Topic...

Some things I have learned since this has all transpired.

1.What gumboots are.
2.What geocaching is
3.What trail cams are and to never ever be scratching my *advertiser censored* while taking a walk as it will be recorded on video.
Thank you all for this valuable information.

You knew that Peru is the Circus Capital of the World?

I am only like a 1/2 thread behind reading but I just can't visualize the path. I've viewed all the maps and videos and kept thinking I would "get it" eventually. Now on thread 13 let me just admit I don't. In real life I am good with directions, seriously, but on my phone, my only Internet I can't understand this. Would some kind person maybe just DRAW a little map with North straight up and the bridge and where they were found?

I know one end has parking for a few cars, where Imo they were dropped off (don't know what end this is called) and the other end is where the posts are so no car enters. BG is walking toward the lot or toward the cemetery side?

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the trouble. Thank you.

There was a MSM article with Logan where he said searchers came to his door around 6:30 on the 13th and asked to search. There is no confirmation about where on the property they may have searched.

IF the girls were found directly behind the cemetery, it's a pretty good distance from his house.

Also, the cemetery is fenced. Only access is through the front gate.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
This is one thing I wonder about as well. Did they search the property and not find them....which could indicate more than one crime scene....or did they decide it was too dark and decided to go back the next day.

Rural Indiana native here. I agree with what another user said, many if not most small town Indiana people dress like this guy aged 30+. Once you grow out of your hip-hop, goth, punk, whatever.. phase and get too lazy & unmotivated to try to look cool or edgy, you throw on a generic pair of blue jeans, a random hoodie and/or a jacket and said **** it ... I'm a bumpkin and I give up trying to look cool. Are those jeans and that sweater clean? Okay then I'll wear it. That's the extent of thinking that goes into getting dressed. Thrift stores are often where people get clothes because hey, you're just going to get them dirty working on your car or doing something outside anyways so might as well get something cheap. If you are one of the few who really think its important to look cool, you move to Indianapolis, Chicago, Seattle, etc and don't stay in a town of 3000.

If you're a man 30+ in a town like this and are really stylish or particular it's kind of like.. why are you trying so hard to look cool? Who are you trying to impress with your city boy / metro / hip-hop attire? No one in these towns cares about fashion especially when it comes to men. The pictures to me give very little clues because almost every potential suspect you'd imagine looks like him. 30 to 50, average height, average build, generic bumpkin clothing. Just a random white dude in a town full of random white dudes. (No offense to random Indiana bumpkin white dudes, I'm one myself). Seems like the only way this photo could be effective is if someone saw him wearing that *EXACT* clothing on that exact day. Or is so intimate with the guy that they see his posture in a way others wouldn't pick up on in the "lightbulb" going off, makes your heart race kind of way. Problem with that is he is almost certainly a loner. Maybe has one or two friends and those one or two friends are probably hyper loyal or go weeks without interacting with the guy and wouldn't know what he was wearing on that specific day.

The voice, if it's the same guy makes me think he's more like 45+ years old, sounds like a central Indiana native. (Northern Indiana people have less of a southern accent than he does and Southern Indiana have much stronger southern accents typically).

So what do we really have to work with? We know a generic guy who may be involved was on the bridge at the same time as the girls. They ended up dead Southeast of the cemetery near by. Based on what I've seen, the guy approached them on the south side of that bridge. That's a 1000ft walk BACK across the bridge to get to the other side, a bridge which one wrong step and you're dead. Why does a guy who is apparently so good at going unnoticed talk the risk of holding 2 people hostage on that bridge, force them back across when at any time another hiker could pop out of the north side and catch him when he could have just went south across the bridge into the woods there? What if the girls went back across the bridge on their on free will, went east through the woods near the cemetery out of boredom and someone was parked at that cemetery either visiting or lurking through the woods? I have a hard time believing one guy could or would take them from the south side of the bridge, back across then through the woods. It just doesn't make sense & is way too risky. He could have also followed them back across the bridge unnoticed then caught up with them as they went into the woods. Something about that cemetery being so close by just makes me think it has to be related. Quick access to the bridge, quick access to US 25 and if the girls were hiking through those woods when someone happened to be there, he or they might have heard / seen them there.

Hopefully that's not too speculative, I'm new to this site but can't get this case out of my mind. It's shattered the sense of safety we have and trails like these were a big part of my life growing up, now I fear the next generation isn't going to be able to enjoy them like we did. This guy or guys needs to pay.

TLDR; We need more evidence made public in this case or a DNA match. Maybe the killer(s) parked at the cemetery near by. The guy looks and sounds like a LOT of people from central Indiana.

Excellent analysis, IndependentFeed! Welcome to WS!

MOO. I don't think he was on a horse of any kind. LE would've easily seen that.
Also, I saw some posts postulating he was showing them caches, which I think is possible. But then they thought maybe Libby was recording to document the find. Wouldn't they release a lot more of the video if that was the case?

I am only like a 1/2 thread behind reading but I just can't visualize the path. I've viewed all the maps and videos and kept thinking I would "get it" eventually. Now on thread 13 let me just admit I don't. In real life I am good with directions, seriously, but on my phone, my only Internet I can't understand this. Would some kind person maybe just DRAW a little map with North straight up and the bridge and where they were found?

I know one end has parking for a few cars, where Imo they were dropped off (don't know what end this is called) and the other end is where the posts are so no car enters. BG is walking toward the lot or toward the cemetery side?

NIN's has large N, E, and S :) Indiana_location_overview.jpg

This is all I gots

. abby3N.jpg

When I mentioned the rope I was referring to as a means to get them where he wanted them; quickly tie their wrist together and then instruct them where to walk, such as what we hear on the recording.

By the way, I was here during the days of the woman who was represented by Jose Baez, (can't mention her name) I had to leave because I was so devastated by the turn out of her trial. When I tried to come back I had forgotten my user name and figured might as well start over. I recognize many of you, still doing an amazing job.

MOO. I don't think he was on a horse of any kind. LE would've easily seen that.
Also, I saw some posts postulating he was showing them caches, which I think is possible. But then they thought maybe Libby was recording to document the find. Wouldn't they release a lot more of the video if that was the case?
I agree. That would have tipped somebody off. It certainly would capture attention, even if it is a normal occurrence there. I live in the rural south, and see it often, but always notice it.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Lol...I was there taking pictures! But I am still confused. Yes, I want a simple old fashioned map drawing with North pointing up!

Oh and both ends of the bridge has barricades.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

[video=youtube;AS24hYv_X8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS24hYv_X8Q&t=5s[/video]

Posted multiple times but they are the best description of the scene that I've encountered.

[video=youtube;_TFz4citG68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFz4citG68[/video]

Posted earlier but should be helpful for new posters.

Scroll up a bit to see the map I posted recently, the area circled in green that says 1pm is where they were dropped off & is considered the "parking" for this trail. But from what I've seen of this entrance it's more of a drop off spot, it looks like maybe 2 or 3 cars could park along that area and it'd be full. I could be wrong on that but I don't think it's a parking lot per se. About an hour later they ended up going from that area to the bridge, took 2 pictures & the video of the suspect and disappeared. Were found the next day to the south east of that cemetery. If you go east then north past the drop off area, then loop around you can get on US 25.

(And "up" on the map is north.)

Who knows. I feel bad for the innocent homeowners, and hope they will bring lawsuits.
The 4th Amendment is written for a purpose.

Good luck with that. A search warrant has to be signed by a judge after he/she determines that there is probable cause to believe that evidence is inside the house. You also have to prove that the police wote the search warrant with malice towards the home owner. Still want to sue the poilce?

Somewhat OT, I'm so sad because I call my dog BG (short for Big Guy). Every time you all call the perp BG I think of my dog ... :facepalm:

This parks department map has really helped me with finding my direction. The bridge is to the right side of the map, where the red trail ends.

http://www.cityofdelphi.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=408&Itemid=160

Thanks to fellow WSers for all the maps and casework!

ETA: at the link, click on the map to see it larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member