IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He came from the trail I think. No one has posted a map that shows where the trail entrance from 300W and the actual trail from town intersect and I'm not talented enough.

As you come down the trail from 300W, you get to a fork. Left goes to the bridge, right goes on the trail to town.

Let me see if my daughter got a pic.

Edit: She didn't but try this. From the P parking there is a short trail and then you run into the fork.

9c3267f6c07e2964c86d685695d51153.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Try this link.....

http://indianatrails.com/?q=content/delphi-historic-trails

Hi I'm not new, but new again, this case prompted me to log back in after 5 years. I think the girls crossed the creek under the bridge, I think they would have been scared to walk the bridge, and they saw the perp crossing the bridge, which prompted the picture, as in "why is this guy walking towards us on the bridge" I do believe he is local and probably familiar with the area, I don't think this was planned, but more another crazy creep finding an opportunity. IMO
But we have a pic of Abby on the bridge taken by Libbey on the bridge.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think the perp had a escape route planned. Heck he got away because they never blocked off the roads until the next day. He had all night to get out of town. If thats what he did. moo

Those of you insinuating the sleuthing you've done regarding this, I assume you've turned your findings in to LE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is the kind of basic info that I would stake my life on LE looking into it right off the bat. Basic investigation. I'm certain, in other words, that they "sleuthed" it within the first couple hours. lol I would also imagine that they didn't have to look much up as it is a small county and LE had the names in their heads from the get go... Carroll County and maybe ISP had already put effort into it over the past few years.

Has anyone local walked across the bridge, casual stroll, and timed how long it took?

Not in the United States. I live in an area that is filled with the Mexican Mafia and they don't even go after people's kids on this side of the border. They do make obvious statements with their killings, though, such as lighting bodies on fire in the middle of cornfields. But the victims are adults.

katie Collman, Crothersville, Indiana 2005

I do have a question, perhaps a person educated to such issues could answer.

I know they "fast tracked" DNA...how long does this typically take?

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
Depends what kind of DNA. Touch DNA takes a long time. Besides LE hasn't confirmed they have ANY dna.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Another thought I had: I think because of the crime and evidence it certainly makes one wonder if the motive for this crime was sexual.

If it wasnt, that could mean he was attempting to abduct them. Im from Michigan. We are second in the nation in human trafficking and we're just a state away. Is it all possible that he was trying to abduct them, they put up a fight that wasnt worth his trouble, but they saw his face.

This could explain a nationwide manhunt and the amount of agencies working on this.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Why would they drive to the cemetery only to then walk into the woods? That's a long route to go to end up within walking distance of the original abduction spot. JMO

I think the cemetery was nearby for possibly a few reasons. 1. Used prior and knew area - grounds, supplied service to (vault company or something), excavation - dug graves, was pre arranged spot with access closest to bodies, has family in cemetery, fished or hunted off this road/land (friend with land owner, or acquaintance), etc. As for behind the cemetery no one has been able to answer this for me. There's a pic I downloaded to my profile I can't get to come up here, but it's of the area from the past where you can see without tree cover - just interesting I guess.

Not in the United States. I live in an area that is filled with the Mexican Mafia and they don't even go after people's kids on this side of the border. They do make obvious statements with their killings, though, such as lighting bodies on fire in the middle of cornfields. But the victims are adults.

Shaniya Davis.
Tragic case

Why would they drive to the cemetery only to then walk into the woods? That's a long route to go to end up within walking distance of the original abduction spot. JMO
Good point. I thought the bodies were found a short walk through the woods from the cemetery and a long walk through the woods from the bridge/trail. I could be wrong, though.

Thank you so much for expressing MY thoughts so much better than I could, lol.

I agree. I really feel that he was there that day for some kind of routine (visiting a grave maybe? Who knows yet) and saw the girls and took the opportunity that was before him. It seems opportunistic too. Getting them trapped at the south side I feel like it would be quicker to get them out of sight by taking them off the bridge at that end (the south side). When opportunistic murderers take their opportunity I feel like they aren't planning it out and he just went with it. Go "down the hill". Cross the river. If he had a gun, it wouldn't be hard to to get them to follow commands. Those poor girls :(
JMO

Code in the streets, rule #1 you don't snitch. Do you really think if someone knew their family's child was killed do to a drug debt, they would go to police?

Another thought I had: I think because of the crime and evidence it certainly makes one wonder if the motive for this crime was sexual.

If it wasnt, that could mean he was attempting to abduct them. Im from Michigan. We are second in the nation in human trafficking and we're just a state away. Is it all possible that he was trying to abduct them, they put up a fight that wasnt worth his trouble, but they saw his face.

This could explain a nationwide manhunt and the amount of agencies working on this.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sex trafficking comes to mind but why kill them?

I see a lot of theories about the killer pushing one of the girls off the bridge. I think this scenario is highly unlikely.

#1 Killer loses control of the girl he pushed off the bridge.
#2 An injured girl would be difficult to move to the kill spot.

I have been watching the news helicopter video. I do not live in the area, and like others have mentioned, I am confused on directions and the general layout of the area. I want to put this thought out there for those of you who do know the area....If the girls were out there that day to leisurely stroll along [meaning they had NO intention of meeting up with someone out there]...and with the limited amount of time between drop off and pick up...I just don't think they would have walked that far. Girls this age like to just walk along and talk and take cell phone SC's, text friends, do selfies, etc. They hunt for good photo ops to pose beside...things like huge rocks, trees, stand on a rock by the water, whatever. I would think the encounter with BG happend soon after they arrived...very soon. Older people, perhaps joggers, runners, people trying to lose weight or out walking their dog usually walk/run at a fairly consistent and rapid pace. Two teen girls are going to have the efficiency of a pair of small children...wanting to stroll slowly, giggle, look at a phone, comment on someone else's instagram photo etc. Their walk was likely interrupted very shortly after they arrived. I am inclined to agree with a previous poster who commented that they would have been easily visible from the highway allowing an opportunistic predator the chance to spin around and return, park and catch up to them.

The area of creek in video is where the bodies were recovered. The searchers in the water show it comes up to the backs of their knees, maybe a bit higher. The cross point widely being discussed is right besides the bridge. It looks a great deal lower, and has sand bars in the middle and large submerged rocks to step on. It looks less than a foot. There is a great drone video about a minute long in the media thread that shows how shallow that area is at this time of year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members