IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The creek was 4' at the location of the river gauge. That doesn't mean the creek was a uniform 4'. Creeks tend to vary - shallow areas, deep areas. We saw that in the aerial view of the searchers. At some points they were ankle deep, other spots nearly chest deep. So if he had scouted the creek, he could have known where it was shallow enough to cross quite easily.

Thank You

My thoughts on the possible routes taken.

At 2:07 Abby and Libby were on the bridge and had crossed over the water. Abby is walking in the south/east direction in the snapchat photo.

At some point Abby and Libby reach the end (or close to the end) of the bridge on the south/east side. We know this because of the video stills of the . He is walking towards Libby's camera and towards the south/east end of the bridge.

The billboards that show just the , list the time as the being "last seen" as 2:30pm. This would possibly fit with the video stills.

To go "down the hill" at the south/east end of the bridge and cross the creek to the crime scene is about 450 to 550 feet depending on the exact route.

To go back across the bridge to the north/west end of the bridge, go "down the hill" and to the crime scene is over 2000 feet depending on the exact route.

Both routes will lead to the crime scene but to me the route from the south/east end would be more likely. Seems more isolated at the south/east area after watching all the videos.

Also, the bridge is in disrepair, and crossing all the way back to the north/west end would need to be done slowly and carefully. The bridge is about 850 feet long.

There was another person who said she arrived at the north/west side of the bridge at approx. 3pm. She said she did not see the girls.

Maps of possible routes. (2 different views)

View attachment 111265View attachment 111266

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

http://wane.com/2017/02/24/fbi-expanding-billboards-for-tips-in-indiana-teens-killings/

https://bridgehunter.com/in/carroll/high/#Desc
Looking at the pics. Is the top of the pics approx. North?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Marking my spot.
I still firmly believe this has Sm written all over it in some form or fashion and not random in the least. I said it day one and nothing has swayed me yet. JMO

I also am leaning towards more that one killer.

I believe he was alone. I can't even imagine the horror and fear that was going through these two girls minds. They were children and life had not given them the ability to understand the situation. The unsub stating you run or scream and I'll kill your friend would more than likely be enough for him to have both comply. I truly hope this SOB is found and given the death penalty ... and I'm not a pro death penalty supporter ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could have been on the bridge looking for a cache, someone saw them looking, took advantage by showing them exactly where it could be found...
This possibility could point more towards the individual being local or relatively local.

The only way for an individual to know where caches are would be to have a cell phone (and most drifters do not have one) or to have been in the area before and seen other geo cachers searching certain spots. Frequenting the area would also point towards either a local or semi local person.

It might be a good idea for police to post the picture on any geo caching message boards or sites to see if other people in the hobby had noticed the man loitering in the area, or had been approached by him with offers to point out cache sites. It is very possible that the man has approached other groups in the past with cache help, even if he did not have the intent to commit a crime on that occasion, in order to "smooth out" his approach and to see if the ruse could potentially work.

If the girls started on the north end and heading south the pics of BG would be that he followed them then. The sun is on his west side. Does that make sense?

Are there any Pokemons in that area? Anyone know? Or know if the girls played this game?

If the girls started on the north end and heading south the pics of BG would be that he followed them then. The sun is on his west side. Does that make sense?

Yes, but it doesn't mean that they didn't then circle back and start going north again.

I just found another creepy coincidence . This was to do with horror film making. Facebook again. Do I call the line from miles away because I am looking at social media business interest pages. This must have been checked . .. Plus other people would have seen this as it is an open public page . Sorry to go on. Anyhow I doubt someone would leave a social media trail. They probably checkedit out ages ago. Please delete if not appropriate. I know we can not talk about certain interests.

I agree.
I wondered that as well. I am not convinced this was a planned meetup/ catfish type situation but I also do not see it being totally random. The girls may have had no idea who he was or that anyone would be there that day but he may have been stalking them silently on social media for a while. So, it is still an opportunistic crime, per-se, but not totally at random. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thank you for your post. This is exactly what I turned over and over in my mind yesterday.
I've thought how incredibly risky it would be to march the girls back across the bridge from the south end. And if he grabbed them on the north end, that's really close to where this part of the trail starts and people park. I feel like he came up behind them - the photos of him look like - to me - the girls heard footsteps behind them and turned around and he was there. They thought he would go on past them but he didn't. I feel like that's where the threat became real, possibly only a frame or two after the second picture. IMO, he moved them south off the end of the bridge and down thru the woods. The creek curves around and the google pix we've seen of it show several sand bars. It's possible he never had any intention of ending up on the north side of the creek, but maybe they ran or got away from him long enough to cross the creek and start up the embankment. Just some thoughts.

I am two days behind and I KNOW I won't be able to catch up.
I will start skimming through posts
I see there has been no arrest and from what I have read, LE doesn't appear to be any closer to identifying the BG

1nana

your observations were fabulous to someone who doesn't know the area
I am quite amazed that this area isn't as isolated as one would think
Thank you for sharing

One question--is it on the north or south end?
Unclear... Here is the clue: "Magnetic. Can be gotten from above, but only by using your touch.[FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]

Hi, I'm new here, I've only posted a couple of times. This thought keeps rattling around in my head: if these girls were missing on the 13th... and they sent search teams... and it made the news... wouldn't there be at least 1 helicopter fly-over? Wouldn't there be 1 drone fly over before dark?

I'm sure they've gone over that potential footage to see where they were actually found the next morning?

There is little to no foliage so you may be able to see someone(S) hiding/escaping, vehicles out of place etc.

I hope the reward can be increased too $50,000 doesn't seem like enough of an incentive for someone to turn in someone they know for such a serious, horrific high profile crime. You would hope that people would do it because it is the right thing to do and not need any reward though. I'm not criticising the generosity of those who have put up this current reward but I hope the FBI can increase it a bit.

It just so happens that the winning PowerBall ticket ($403 million!) for the 2/22/17 drawing was sold in Lafayette, Indiana. That's about 30 minutes from Delphi. I'm still hoping the winner will come forward and put a good chunk of that towards increasing the reward, hunting down the killer, and helping the families of the victims. I know that's the FIRST thing I would do.

If you see a post that you think violates TOS for attacking family members, for posting about subjects we can't discuss etc don't quote it or reference it just report it.
That way, mods only have to remove the posts in question (if they see fit). Otherwise we end up getting the thread closed down, when they've got to search through dozens of posts and quoted posts.
Jmo and my experience here at WS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO I still think the suspect saw the snapchat photo of Abigail Libby put on and then came over.But I do think he had been following them on social media (Libby?) for awhile.

I think he was hanging around that trail that day, maybe drinking. Loitering for sure. Feeling bad/mad about something.
Maybe an injustice collector.

I think our girls passed him on the trail and got a vibe and picked up their step.
I do think from that point the suspect began to follow them. This is why Libby felt uncomfortable and snapped/filmed him.

I'm in the camp of a chance encounter. I think he was stewing and drinking on the park. I think he's a hateful turd that has offended before, and that he took it all out on these two girls. I'm less sure of him targeting them by age. Perhaps a lone woman would have met the same fate at that very time.

I don't think he changed his appearance that day to blend in. I think he does look and dress that way. I think he has connection to the area and has gone to drink on that trail in the past. He may work at the meat packing plant, or drive for them. I believe he entered the park on foot. I don't believe he walked entire length of bridge. I believe he past them by and turned around putting Libby on high alert. So I'm team South Side.

I believe he WILL be caught.

Thanks for listening to my thoughts.
Everyone's ideas are very plausible. There is just way too many variables here. Headache time!!!!

This is only my theory. Jmo. Moo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm new here, I've only posted a couple of times. This thought keeps rattling around in my head: if these girls were missing on the 13th... and they sent search teams... and it made the news... wouldn't there be at least 1 helicopter fly-over? Wouldn't there be 1 drone fly over before dark?

I'm sure they've gone over that potential footage to see where they were actually found the next morning?

There is little to no foliage so you may be able to see someone(S) hiding/escaping, vehicles out of place etc.

They were reported missing just around nightfall, IIRC. By the time drones or copters were mobilized, it would have been too dark. There were only minutes, literally, before darkness.

I've looked and looked for a post made in the past few days.

IIRC, the poster did research that showed the creek was at 4ft that day...at this time of year creeks and rivers are usually quite swift from spring rains and run-offs IMO, too deep and swift to cross. I think he marched them down the North end of the bridge. IMO.

IIRC the aerial view of the searchers in a line across the creek showed that they were in very shallow water. I'd like to say 1' or less.

if BG had a cell phone on him at the time wouldn't they be able to find him on a list of cells that pinged in that area that day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop