IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What were they looking for in the water in that location I wonder? If it were a cell phone or something small I imagine they would have used divers? The girls were not found there so I am wondering what made them search that area. (I'm trying hard to get caught up on this case so I apologize if this has already been discussed).

My assumption would be the backpack they were referring to for the public to keep their eyes open for

Is there evidience to show that the water is shallow near the bridge? I know there are some stoney/sand bar areas, but hadn't heard that the water is shallow their? Any locals want to chime in? I know i have seen pics of kayaks going under the bridge, not that they require much depth. but i would think it would still be atleast knee deep in some spots?
I read it is at this time of year. Creeks levels change all of the time. I have no link so I will be happy to add JMO. Sorry for the confusion. I usually remember to add JMO, but this case has me crazy.[emoji17]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be shocked to learn that he forced them in to his vehicle at the pick up point and later returned them to the spot they were found. It might account for their phone pinging in town.

The girls may have walked back tot eh pick up point early because he was there and he followed them back to the parking lot. Their ride was late and he took advantage of it.

It's worrisome that we are two weeks in with no arrest. I really hope that they are still waiting on DNA results, because otherwise I am convinced that this guy is going to get away and do it again. I live in a small midwestern town about 100 miles north that is demographically very similar to Delphi. Yesterday's weather conditions here were comparable to Delphi on the 13th, low to mid 40s and sunny. I drove ten miles to pick up a pizza, and counted people who looked like BG. There were 7. And by "looked like BG", I mean that they were indistinguishable from the pictures that we have- somewhat heavyset, jeans, dark hoodie or jacket with hood up or hat, walking with hands in pockets and looking down. You could hold any one of these guys up next to the picture and think "yep! That's him!".

I really, really hope that DNA comes back with a match. This case hits too close to home, both geographically and as a parent whose kids love to hike.

The above would also account for why the dogs couldn't track them.

We don't know where they crossed.
And in that deep water they wouldn't know if a gun was down there.

Or a knife. He could have thrown it in the water on his way out of there. I think they are searching just in case. moo

Thank you for your reply!

Some are posting a time for the photo/video of BG. Do we have a link for that? TIA, I'm sorry if I missed this info.

no we are speculating based on the billboard of the BG only that states Last Seen at 2:30pm

I think BG knows the area because his family member is buried in that cemetery. I hope the police checked for fresh flowers at the graves.

Do we know the name of the cemetery?

I think BG knows the area because his family member is buried in that cemetery. I hope the police checked for fresh flowers at the graves.

In a way this made me smile because I just can't even IMAGINE a guy that could do THIS buying flowers for a dead relative. Just can't

I agree.This guy was very brazen.How was he so sure someone would not hear him from the house on the property the girls were found on? Why take these girls from the bridge where people can see him to an area where people can hear him.Hope that made some sense.
But they weren't. This guy was brazen and lucky. If they'd been seen, he probably would have aborted his sick mission. Who knows how many times he's hunted on this exact property with no luck. Until Feb. 13th.

Since there are so many new people coming into a fast moving thread..how about if the mods create an "Agreed Statement of Facts" page with respect to this crime.

It would include information developed through consensus as to the various elements of the case and would prevent the same questions being asked 50 times, clogging up the thread.

That way, newer members or even old timers can refer to the page to get their questions answered and would go a long way toward stopping misinformation. For example...a comment was made that the girls bodies were found 50 feet from the water. Another comment was made that they were found 50 yards from the water...quite a difference.

So why not make a list of the agreed upon facts to prevent this type of thing?

there is no drop off area south of the bridge. Only on the North side. In fact there are 3 areas of drop off for the bridge. In town at Riley Park, at the area just North of Hoosier Highway (the bridge is a walkway over the interstate) and there at the Monon bridge entrance. There isn't a drop off at the South. That's actually private property. Makes me think he entered through the back of the cemetery, came in the through the private path down to the Southside of the bridge, they were on the North end. I bet they saw him appear out of nowhere and thought to themselves "where the h@ll did that guy come from since they hadn't passed him on the bridge previously?

I wouldn't be shocked to learn that he forced them in to his vehicle at the pick up point and later returned them to the spot they were found. It might account for their phone pinging in town.

The girls may have walked back tot eh pick up point early because he was there and he followed them back to the parking lot. Their ride was late and he took advantage of it.

The time line though. moo

IMO....MOO

If the area they were found was "pristine" could he have killed them IN the water to reduce leaving DNA behind, then moved them to where they were found?
Interesting, but why move them? A lot of extra work it would seem.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So then that's about 3 feet it seems?
I am unsure. Someone in past thread said something that resonated with me. It was along the lines of: He was planning to do bad things to them, why would he care if they got wet/uncomfortable/cold crossing the stream.

Frustrating to know so little. It is all just a guess. Someone else just posted that he could have drowned them in the creek. That's a thought I haven't even entertained. What if the creek itself was part of his sick rituals?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've lurked for years but am posting for the first time, as this case just has me so rattled. I haven't seen anybody else say this yet but i could have missed it. My theory is perhaps he pretended to be a person of authority - either a game warden, a park ranger, trail maintenance, railroad worker, trail volunteer, and he went out there and told them they were on the bridge illegally, or it was unstable and dangerous, or something that compelled them to go back north. probably in a helpful and friendly manner. He followed behind getting his tools of the trade ready. when they got back north, he saw no one was around and grabbed one of them by the arm and held a gun to the other and told them to go down the hill. It would only take seconds to isolate them from view. They never had a chance. MOO

Info about the cemetery:

The cemetery is located in Deer Creek Township (SE quadrant of the SE quadrant of the SE quadrant of Section 21 Township 25N Range 2W) on the south side of W County Road 300 N about 0.3 miles west of its intersection with N County Road 575 W. The designation Morning Heights refers to the entire cemetery. The east portion is the old Milroy Cemetery. On the west side are graves from the Old Delphi Cemetery, which were moved from the area that is now the city park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maccionealex