IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it appears there is much more footage and audio on the phone that was recovered. However, they only released a portion in order to preserve the investigation ?

It seems to me he must've scared them in some way before he attacked. Maybe his body language. In the still, his foot is raised in a manner that suggests to me that he was walking super fast. Anyone agree? I have a feeling he began approaching the girls quickly and it spooked them so one began filming. But he caught up and likely had a weapon he used to control them.

This is terrible. I wish they had run. It's important to teach our kids that they have a better chance of survival running away than complying. Even when the person has a gun. Don't let yourself ever be moved, transported or tied.

I think the man was not known to them otherwise he would not have been trailing them or have been alarming to them if they saw him approaching.

BBM: I learned this in self defense class in college. The question of whether I would apply it should I ever find myself in that situation..I don't know and I hope to never know. But, the mind is a funny thing when it comes to such intense scenarios. I completely froze the last time I needed to do anything but freeze. I didn't call 911 ( I should have), but I did grab my camera. Weird. It was nothing like what is being discussed here, but is interesting to think that what I thought I would do in such a scenario is not at all what I did in that scenario. I'm not sure how one prevents that from happening?

I posted this question right before the previous thread was closed.

bbm - Does anyone have a (wild) guess how long it might take to follow up on 6000+ tips?

Do I remember correctly a few days ago they said they have ruled out 5 (!?!) so far?

Honestly, there is no way to know that, some tips will be easier to rule out than others. Clearly anyone already in prison or a RSO that doesn't match a dna sample from the scene will be pretty quick, also I'm sure there are many duplicate tips so that would help speed things up.

I'm not sure how this would work in practice, though. It seems like it would be a massive and fairly pointless fishing expedition. It's not quite like entering DNA into CODIS. They'd have to get a search warrant for Ancestry.com (per Ancestry.com's ToS), and then sift through thousands or millions of DNA profiles, which, quite frankly, just aren't going to meet any legal standards as far as chain of custody.

Of course, maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you're saying.

I think it's like this. Ancestry.com has dna packages now. You submit yours and they send you a family tree with connections to your dna. The more people that submit their dna, the more info people will get in return. I don't think they have enough submissions yet to get good overall results. But someday LE will be able to submit dna to ancestry.com and get back a list of related family members. Something like that.

I agree. In my opinion the Britton sisters Atlanta, Indiana in Dec 2016, the Voiles girl Kokomo early Feb 2017, an now two more angels Delphi mid Feb 2017, could be all related. They all appear to be sonewhat geographically close

http://www.ancestry.com/cs/legal/lawenforcement

From Ancestry.com:

"Law Enforcement Requests in the United States
Ancestry will release basic subscriber information as defined in 18 USC § 2703(c)(2) about Ancestry users to law enforcement only in response to a valid trial, grand jury or administrative subpoena.

Ancestry will release additional account information or transactional information pertaining to an account (such as search terms, but not including the contents of communications) only in response to a court order issued pursuant to 18 USC § 2703(d).

Contents of communications and any data relating to the health or DNA of an Ancestry user will be released only pursuant to a valid search warrant from a government agency with proper jurisdiction.

If we receive a valid request under U.S. law to preserve records that constitute potentially relevant evidence in legal proceedings, we will preserve, but not disclose, a temporary snapshot of the relevant account records for 90 days pending service of valid legal process as described above.

How We Respond to Legal Requests
Respect for the privacy and security of our users’ account data drives our approach to complying with legal requests for information. When we receive a request our team reviews it to make sure it satisfies legal requirements and our policies. If we believe a request is overly broad, we will try to narrow it to the extent legally permitted."

Hey everyone! I have been lurking for about a week, completely baffled and heartbroken about this particular case.

One thing that has bothered me since the beginning, is the time gap from them being reported as missing, to the discovery of their bodies. Has LE released the time or frame of time the voice recording occurred?

The reason I ask, as a native to Salt Lake City Utah, I'm taken back to the Elizabeth Smart case were so many of us searched for her, only to find out later she was up in the foothills literally behind her home which was searched, she actually could hear people calling for her?

It makes me sick to my stomach to think of what these two precious girls endured.

Has anyone put together a timeline according to what LE has released? Was this particular area searched prior to their discovery?

I love how the common theme from Delphi locals being interviewed by media is "Delphi is safe. No crime. Etc." Why is it that every person I end up sleuthing from Delphi, Lafayette, Monticello, etc is a convicted felon, heroin/spice/meth addict/dealer, thief, fraud, violent criminal? Certainly not implying every person living in the aforementioned areas is criminal, but there are plenty!
I live in a very small rural southern town. There are a lot of people that do drugs, but they aren't violent. Everyone knows who does them, and in the ten years I've lived here there has never been anything past a domestic assault.

Drug abuse doesn't necessarily indicate violence, IMO.

That being said, I don't know the situation in Indiana.

All MOO.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

She said families could enjoy the food, but there was a special class for the kids. Children of all ages got a chance to learn self-defense.

“Our community has grown so fast together, and I do believe they loved coming here and learning things like that,” said Robbins.
Local EMTs came out to teach kids different ways to protect themselves.

“To teach not just the little girls here in town, but all the kids that live close to here.” Robbins said.

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said he is not shocked to see the support.

“This community, a number of times in the past, has come to the occasion,” Leazenby said.

They are continuing to raise the bar for the amount of support shown these past two weeks.

“Whether it be here in Indiana and nationwide,” he said.
Leazenby said this reinforces everyone’s common goal: to find the person or people responsible for this tragedy.

“And hopefully, I think we will get back to our basics in being a good solid community,” said Leazenby.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/27/efforts-continue-in-delphi-to-raise-money-for-victims-families/

Hey everyone! I have been lurking for about a week, completely baffled and heartbroken about this particular case.

One thing that has bothered me since the beginning, is the time gap from them being reported as missing, to the discovery of their bodies. Has LE released the time or frame of time the voice recording occurred?

The reason I ask, as a native to Salt Lake City Utah, I'm taken back to the Elizabeth Smart case were so many of us searched for her, only to find out later she was up in the foothills literally behind her home which was searched, she actually could hear people calling for her?

It makes me sick to my stomach to think of what these two precious girls endured.

Has anyone put together a timeline according to what LE has released? Was this particular area searched prior to their discovery?
We don't know that information. LE hasn't given a timetable yet. I think we'll get one soon.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

There is a rough timeline floating around these threads somewhere. I think maybe GGE put it together? I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

galaxygal - your photo enhancement is great. Can you divide his face in half and flip the right side of the photo over to the left so we have a full face? I could recognize this guy if I knew him, your enhancement is that good.

He looks late 20's to me.

How does he look 20? A great number of people have to be told that they are looking at the face of a human. It's like building a toy car with 5 Legos and then trying to convince someone that it's a 65 Stingray...with a slight dent in hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may very well be correct. If you're right then we can assume that there will be no search warrants executed at the homes of RSO's ( regardless of whether they have done this in the past ) because they will already be cleared by DNA evidence. Even without a match dna at leasts narrows the field, even if only by a little bit. Makes me wonder if LE will resort to asking all men in Delphi to voluntarily submit a sample.

Assuming all the RSOs have DNA on file, then an unknown sample would exclude them. But I don't know for sure that all RSOs in Indiana and every other state for that matter have DNA on file. Some may not. I think it varies by state.

attachment.php

If this guy is really the killer and if he approached them on that south side of the bridge.... It makes no sense how they ended up where they did. Why go back across the bridge & risk being spotted by other hikers? Or why take them across the creek if they went that way when theres an isolated wooded area by the south side of the bridge too?

My fear is they are focused so much on finding this guy, what if he isn't involved? What if the girls went into the woods by the cemetery and ran into someone else? Based on what we've gathered on their locations it just makes zero sense to me how they ended up where they did if this guy is involved.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,230
Well the last thread moved so quickly I seriously have no idea what happened in the last half of it. Hopefully it wasn't anything I needed to know.

I do wonder with all of the info we do have, would any of us really recognize the perp? I mean honestly there isn't a single thing about him that stands out. this is why I am wondering if perhaps they might know who he actually is, just not know WHERE he is! But they don't want to reveal this info yet!

I really think that upping the amount of reward money makes regular folks work hard to try to bring BG to justice. I really don't think it's about greed as much as it's about motivating others to work as hard as these agencies are working. That's just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.

I joined WS after it was revealed the FBI was going to hold a presser about the Brittanee Drexel disappearance in South Carolina. I'd hoped they would up the reward in that case. It's obvious that people in at least 3 communities in coastal SC know what happened, but a family that was involved is pretty ingrained in the community,, and there's little doubt that people are afraid to tio off LE.

attachment.php

If this guy is really the killer and if he approached them on that south side of the bridge.... It makes no sense how they ended up where they did. Why go back across the bridge & risk being spotted by other hikers? Or why take them across the creek if they went that way when theres an isolated wooded area by the south side of the bridge too?

My fear is they are focused so much on finding this guy, what if he isn't involved? What if the girls went into the woods by the cemetery and ran into someone else? Based on what we've gathered on their locations it just makes zero sense to me how they ended up where they did if this guy is involved.
I dunno law enforcement stated he participated in the murders...they must have a good reason to say that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members