IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming all the RSOs have DNA on file, then an unknown sample would exclude them. But I don't know for sure that all RSOs in Indiana and every other state for that matter have DNA on file. Some may not. I think it varies by state.

I asked that question 2 or 3 threads ago and it was confirmed to me that all Indiana RSO's do indeed have Dna on file... so yes if we find out that they are searching the homes of registered sex offenders then they clearly have no dna evidence...which IMO is unlikely... my guess is they didn't find it until late last week and are still waiting for results... clearly speculation on my part.

Are rewards ever claimed?

I think there's a policy to not publicise it when a reward is claimed, so who knows... Presumably if it never worked they wouldn't bothering offering a reward.

Please... LE --- if possible; release more voice recordings or info. !
Even if the perp is hiding-- or someone is hiding him-- it may rattle them enough that they freak out or somehow slip up.
I understand given the heinous nature of this crime, that more info. may not be able to be released due to its' disturbing nature.
But something.
If possible.

When that photo(s) of the BG was released... I thought "...It can't be long now--we'll get him !"

What drew me to this case was the possibility of a quick resolution because of the pictures and even a voice recording that have been made available.
But no.
:moo:

I asked that question 2 or 3 threads ago and it was confirmed to me that all Indiana RSO's do indeed have Dna on file... so yes if we find out that they are searching the homes of registered sex offenders then they clearly have no dna evidence...which IMO is unlikely... my guess is they didn't find it until late last week and are still waiting for results... clearly speculation on my part.
My speculation is they have DNA but no matches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don't know what it is that turns some men into predators. As humans we are top predators. But not of each other. Certainly not of children. And most of us no longer have the hunting instinct honed.

I think with monsters like this some kind of switch in their brains get flipped and the hunting instinct become intense and mixed with sex and the desire to cause fear. Children are easy prey.

These are are the human mountain lions in our midst. We have these wild, two-legged animals stealthily stalking kids in our communities. Monster human-beast hybrids who have the predator instincts that have been twisted by perversion. So instead of just killing, they also rape. Nothing as sick as them can ever be helped.

attachment.php

If this guy is really the killer and if he approached them on that south side of the bridge.... It makes no sense how they ended up where they did. Why go back across the bridge & risk being spotted by other hikers? Or why take them across the creek if they went that way when theres an isolated wooded area by the south side of the bridge too?

My fear is they are focused so much on finding this guy, what if he isn't involved? What if the girls went into the woods by the cemetery and ran into someone else? Based on what we've gathered on their locations it just makes zero sense to me how they ended up where they did if this guy is involved.

The fact this guy has not come forward says a lot.

attachment.php

If this guy is really the killer and if he approached them on that south side of the bridge.... It makes no sense how they ended up where they did. Why go back across the bridge & risk being spotted by other hikers? Or why take them across the creek if they went that way when theres an isolated wooded area by the south side of the bridge too?

My fear is they are focused so much on finding this guy, what if he isn't involved? What if the girls went into the woods by the cemetery and ran into someone else? Based on what we've gathered on their locations it just makes zero sense to me how they ended up where they did if this guy is involved.

LE went from calling this guy a person of interest to calling him a full blown suspect in about 3 days. I imagine something you see in that bridge picture was most likely found at the crime scene tying him into the crime itself. LE also has the video from her phone as well as the audio recording.............I think they have little to no doubt that this is the culprit.

Finally got caught up! Phew, this thread moves fast. I can't get this case out of my mind. I hope they find this guy soon. So, sharing my own theory about the photos - I think BG wasn't the intended focus of the video, but as Libby was recording Abby, he came into frame and perhaps grabbed her or got control of her in some way (pulling a weapon?), causing Libby to panic and put her phone in her pocket or something while it was still recording. If he had control of Abby, this probably would have made Libby want to comply if only so she and Abby might have a chance to survive whatever was going to happen. This could also explain why we don't have a better image of him, if the phone was in Libby's pocket while recording for most, if not all, of the ordeal, and never got a view of the guy after that.

Ugh, just typing this makes me feel sick. Those poor girls... :(

LE was pretty clear in stating that Libby was a hero for recording the crime as it occurred. Which indicates to me the recording wasn't accidental.

I'm not sure how this would work in practice, though. It seems like it would be a massive and fairly pointless fishing expedition. It's not quite like entering DNA into CODIS. They'd have to get a search warrant for Ancestry.com (per Ancestry.com's ToS), and then sift through thousands or millions of DNA profiles, which, quite frankly, just aren't going to meet any legal standards as far as chain of custody.

Of course, maybe I'm just misunderstanding what you're saying.

If they have a sample they can submit it to ancestry or 123? and me and they do a search for any relatives. http://fusion.net/story/215204/law-...stry-com-and-23andme-for-their-customers-dna/

My speculation is they have DNA but no matches.

If that's the case then we can stop speculating about Indiana registered sex offenders. Even though it seems like bad news, it still helps narrow down the field.

Well the last thread moved so quickly I seriously have no idea what happened in the last half of it. Hopefully it wasn't anything I needed to know.

I do wonder with all of the info we do have, would any of us really recognize the perp? I mean honestly there isn't a single thing about him that stands out. this is why I am wondering if perhaps they might know who he actually is, just not know WHERE he is! But they don't want to reveal this info yet!

The brown fanny pack stands out to me.

Finally got caught up! Phew, this thread moves fast. I can't get this case out of my mind. I hope they find this guy soon. So, sharing my own theory about the photos - I think BG wasn't the intended focus of the video, but as Libby was recording Abby, he came into frame and perhaps grabbed her or got control of her in some way (pulling a weapon?), causing Libby to panic and put her phone in her pocket or something while it was still recording. If he had control of Abby, this probably would have made Libby want to comply if only so she and Abby might have a chance to survive whatever was going to happen. This could also explain why we don't have a better image of him, if the phone was in Libby's pocket while recording for most, if not all, of the ordeal, and never got a view of the guy after that.

I'm only caught up bc I skipped 3 threads. HA

LE went from calling this guy a person of interest to calling him a full blown suspect in about 3 days. I imagine something you see in that bridge picture was most likely found at the crime scene tying him into the crime itself. LE also has the video from her phone as well as the audio recording.............I think they have little to no doubt that this is the culprit.
Plus they don't spend $'s on 6000 billboards with his pic for nothing.

Geez...when I really think about this, it's unbelievable. Who murders two young girls? Yes, there are the family murder-suicides where kids are killed, but random strangers killing kids is off the charts. Even inmates will tell you that you don't kill children. It's taboo.

what kind of human are we dealing with here??
A very sick mind. A real life boogyman. Its not easy to comprehend.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

So it appears there is much more footage and audio on the phone that was recovered. However, they only released a portion in order to preserve the investigation ?

It seems to me he must've scared them in some way before he attacked. Maybe his body language. In the still, his foot is raised in a manner that suggests to me that he was walking super fast. Anyone agree? I have a feeling he began approaching the girls quickly and it spooked them so one began filming. But he caught up and likely had a weapon he used to control them.

This is terrible. I wish they had run. It's important to teach our kids that they have a better chance of survival running away than complying. Even when the person has a gun. Don't let yourself ever be moved, transported or tied.

I think the man was not known to them otherwise he would not have been trailing them or have been alarming to them if they saw him approaching.
BBM

It's very good advice to run and not let yourself be moved. I certainly would. BUT....

BBM

...The fact that there were two girls and it's possible he gained control of Abby first would make running next to impossible for Libby. Would any of us leave a friend behind, even though conventional wisdom says to run? I wouldn't. I couldn't. Whatever was about to happen, I'd stick with my friend. I couldn't live with myself if I escaped and she didn't survive. Even if I was thinking of running for help, I'd be afraid of what would happen to my friend in the meantime or if I couldn't find help. Maybe it's not rational, but who is thinking clearly in that moment? I wish running had been an option for both of them. But it probably wasn't.
JMO

I live in a very small rural southern town. There are a lot of people that do drugs, but they aren't violent. Everyone knows who does them, and in the ten years I've lived here there has never been anything past a domestic assault.

Drug abuse doesn't necessarily indicate violence, IMO.

That being said, I don't know the situation in Indiana.

All MOO.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Because it's gotten bad here. We are close to Chicago and close to Indy. We have a lot of subsidized housing without a wait (unlike Chicago) so a lot of people that need that come here. NOT saying that everyone that needs those benefits is a criminal, but there's quite a large number of them that are. Drugs are rampant here and that's driven the crime up too. It's seeped into smaller towns. It's sad.

(Reply to sgt sleuthy re: lafayette and surrounding towns. Quoted the wrong one, sorry)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also said they are unsure if the voice in the audio is the same as the guy in the video. Let's assume there's ONE file. One video file they're getting both the image from and the audio from. If that's true and if it's true that the guy approached them on the south side of the bridge, that would mean he is telling them to go down the hill on the opposite side of the creek to where they were found OR it would mean there is 5+ minutes of audio they haven't released because there is no hill to go down until you cross back across that 1000ft bridge.

They also said they are unsure if the voice in the audio is the same as the guy in the video. Let's assume there's ONE file. One video file they're getting both the image from and the audio from. If that's true and if it's true that the guy approached them on the south side of the bridge, that would mean he is telling them to go down the hill on the opposite side of the creek to where they were found OR it would mean there is 5+ minutes of audio they haven't released because there is no hill to go down until you cross back across that 1000ft bridge.
I agree with that.

Can I ask a stupid question? At what point would LE realize they have DNA? I am assuming they would swab at an autopsy and send that out for testing? Is that what was "fast tracked"? Would they announce if they didn't have any DNA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see enough video to at least see the guy walk. There has to be that much they can release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic