IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding collecting rewards...generally if they are paid out, it would be after a conviction, which could take a few years.

Still worthwhile, obviously, but not immediately life-changing, i.e to be able to relocated based on reward money right away.

In this part of Indiana the weather can go from being bitterly cold to warm in a matter of hours then back again. This time of year it's usually colder. If the guy prepared to go outside earlier in the day, wearing two layers as he was would be exactly what you would want to do because if it gets warmer you can take a layer off. The girls arrived around 1pm and the weather was around 40-45 degrees. A few hours earlier it likely would have been much cooler, nearly freezing.

Wearing layers in this area at this time of year such as 2 light jackets is wise because the weather can change quickly. But it didn't get warm enough to make it uncomfortable to wear 2 jackets. Could he have been comfortable with 1 jacket? Sure. But if you go out when its cooler and have to either choose to carry your 2nd jacket or wear it, you might just choose to wear it.

It could be 50 below here in Indiana and you will see most teenagers running around in shorts and flip-flops LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lastly on the debate on his clothing, when I go outside in this type of weather and I'm going to be outside for a long period of time I might wear 4-5 layers. Shirt > long sleeve shirt > sweatshirt > jacket > coat. Layers are your best friend for Indiana weather. NOTHING unusual about the way he was dressed other than his hood was pulled up. I wouldn't expect to see a guy in 40 degree weather walking around with his hood up. The fact that he had layers on this time of day only indicates to me that he might have been outside for a few hours.

It could be that he was concealing stuff under his jacket, appears he was in fact. But if you're asking if the way he was dressed is not normal because of the weather I can say for sure it's perfectly reasonable to see someone dressed like him on that day. (Again other than the hood up which is slightly unusual)

Since I can't keep up, I'm just throwing this out there.
If anyone is taken in for a DNA test in this case, wouldn't that mean LE has some DNA evidence to compare any sample?

This has been discussed a bunch in earlier threads and worth saying again, many people have brought up the common fact that teenagers tend to underdress for cold weather. They never seem to want to wear coats for whatever reason. Sit in a high school parking lot even when there's snow in the ground and marvel at how many kids come out without a jacket.

But beyond that, as someone who is also from the Midwest and used to the often wildly variable weather from one day to the next, if I'm not mistaken this particular day the crime occurred was unseasonably warm for the area. Maybe 50 degrees? I don't recall but I can tell you any time this part of the country hits 45-60ish degrees you'll see a wide variance in how folks are dressed. I know folks who get out their shorts for 50 degree weather (literally had someone announce this to me last week) and there's something about hitting a warmer day in the winter that makes that day feel extra warm (versus those first cooler days in the fall. Temp may be the same in both but how people dress is different). I'm kind of rambling but really, this winter has been a strange one here in the Midwest (I just saw Chicago has had no substantial snowfall all of Jan and Feb for the first time in the 100+ years they've been tracking snow fall totals and recording them). So seeing people dressed a wide range of ways for the weather isn't so unusual at all. If you leave in the morning you might have a warm coat, hat, and gloves only to leave work or whatever and it's 20-30 degrees warmer now.

So between the weird weather and the fact that kids are so weird about coats, I don't know that this is such an issue at all. I feel like you could stand on a busy street in any midwestern city right now and see a wide variety of coats or no coats, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's extremely common here in my little corner of Illinois to see people wearing shorts with hoodies as soon as the temps get above freezing. I suppose legs don't get cold but upper bodies do?

When I lived in the midwest, 50 degree weather in February felt like spring came early. I wasn't a teenager, but I too would have gone out in a sweater/jacket and t-shirt if that had been me. Now I live somewhere much warmer and 50 feels like I'm going to freeze to death ;)

Since I can't keep up, I'm just throwing this out there.
If anyone is taken in for a DNA test in this case, wouldn't that mean LE has some DNA evidence to compare any sample?

I believe so, it could also mean that the main suspect's DNA isn't in the statewide or even nationwide DNA database, which is very alarming IMO

I checked Academy and there's two pairs of winter boots that have a lighter "collar" around the top. Or he could have his socks rolled down over the top.

perpwalk.gif click

Since the cops refuse to issue a video of this guy walking so we can see his gait and posture, I took it on myself to issue one.

On second thought, I seriously doubt it's going to help anyone recognize him , because he walks pretty much like all of us do...........but you never know.

Yeah, it's extremely common here in my little corner of Illinois to see people wearing shorts with hoodies as soon as the temps get above freezing. I suppose legs don't get cold but upper bodies do?
I'm this way. As long as either my legs or my arms were covered, then the other wouldn't have to be. So if I had my arms covered I could wear shorts and vice versa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Part 2
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

great work papa que!

Welcome to WS!!

A county of less than 22,000 and six kids murdered in less than 6 months.
Four little girls were killed in a fire, a few months ago in Flora.Are these crimes connected? Who knows! At least, I get a better sense of the community when the Sgt. makes statements like, "we've been through this" .
Who intentionally sets a fire to kill a family? The killer of this horrendous crime has NOT been caught, and there is a reward. ATF determined the fire was set intentionally.

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_d0e4696c-ea6f-11e6-8965-eb859b953f2c.html

I'm sorry I know this has probably been discussed a million times already; however, it's so hard to stay caught up on 16 threads, but, in that second pic (the one with the water), is that the bridge in the background? TIA

ETA: sorry, I linked the wrong post. I was referring to the pictures from Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/836605822109122560/photo/2

It's Ok I can answer anyway lol Yes that is the south end of the bridge, past where it goes over the creek towards where the road goes beneath it to the property along the east side of the bridge, the photo is looking across the creek from the area the bodies were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper