IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me: socks, breadbags, sneakers, arctic 5 buckles in that order. My adult kids don't know how good they had it.

And we walked uphill to school in the cold both ways........................I'll see myself out......hahahaha

Full disclosure I'm only 35 lol

First time posting on this thread (and first time posting outside of the case that brought me to WS)...

Its tough to keep up here lately, and perhaps this was already discussed at some point, but in regards to the idea that BG may have a pistol under his coat, it occurs to me that someone who would purchase a shoulder holster of the type necessary to carry a pistol in that manner may be an experienced firearm user, and thus may also have a concealed weapon permit. The permit may not even be from Indiana, since there seems to be a fair amount of reciprocity between states. At this point, I'm still favoring BG is local, maybe not from Delphi, but familiar with the area, and he had been on that trail and on that bridge before. JMO of course.

Is there any type of communication system for all truckers to put out an alert to all of them at once? (i.e. "if you picked up a hitchhiker in Delphi....)

There were specific apps for truckers mentioned a few threads back. I don't know if LE could get them to feature an alert? (no clue how these things work really)

QUESTION: If nothing pans out from all the tips..... in the next couple of weeks what do you think that LE will further reveal about the case to help get more useful information from the public?

I would say encourage male people to submit their DNA sample. It is so powerful. Any one has the same last name as the BG will be very useful to pin point this guy. I don't know legally how this work. But LE don't have to say that directly. They hold a press, a news report cast out the male DNA sample thing. And ask LE if that will help. LE says yes. Than SM can start to broadcast it. News report could even ask the question if someone submit a DNA and later if this DNA is used to pin BG. Will this person get reward. I hope LE says: absolutely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I soooo wish Libby had dialed 911 instead of hitting record. Contrary to what LE seemed to be suggesting at the press conference I'm not convinced Libby intentionally recorded the perp because "something didn't feel right". If she had thought something was up and had the chance to use her phone I would like to believe she would have called 911. Not only would that have created a permanent recording of everything, but the girls also would have been located much sooner.

For the record, I'm in no way blaming or second guessing Libby's actions. My heart breaks for her and Abby. I just don't think these girls sensed any real danger until it was too late. IMO the actual attack occurred quickly. I do not believe the guy met them on the bridge and marched them all over the place. I think he ambushed them later.

Maybe she felt a bit iffy about him but didn't want to overreact. I've been in that position where I've gone walking in the woods, come across a stranger and felt apprehensive but didn't want to appear foolish, if I'd called the police I would've looked like a right eejit as (thankfully) they were just out walking like I was. Maybe she hit hit record and never got a chance to do anything else as when he got close enough the whole situation changed.

1--
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Burnt Toast It will be interesting to see if tomorrow's news conference nets any new leads. Just like last week they say they are "perfecting" what information they are going to release.

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/21/law-enfor...investigation/

2--
Just to note, the presser is at 10:00 A.M. EST tomorrow, like last week.

3--
I'm from Indiana as well and have also heard about a press conference tomorrow. I've also heard they will announce something in regards to DNA--searching for a link

The original post is quoting an old article, but if you read the second post from moderator bessie, it appears there will be another press conference to orrow.

#1nana, would you post the link for it if you find it? I have been searching, but so far I cannot find one.

I don't understand this post.

Weren't the girls just in sweatshirts? Whereas he is in a coat and hooded sweatshirt? To me, they were dressed for different types of weather.
It could be something. Different people do have different heat/cold tolerances.

My gf and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum. If she is just about at her comfortable heat level, Im about to pass out from heat exaustion. If Im reaching my ideal heat temp, hypothermia is about to set in for her. Tug of war on the car heat on the way to family holidays has tested the limits of our relationship!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Amid rumors on social media of an arrest in Kokomo related to the murder of two Delphi teenagers, Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum confirmed Tuesday afternoon that no arrests have been made.

..... adding that over 9,300 tips have been received. The reward for information leading to an arrest has reached $100,360.

Slocum said comments on social media have yet to impede the case, but noted that risk exists.

“It’s not my job to police the internet, but that’s a dangerous game,” he said, noting that if anyone questioned by officers were to be deemed a suspect by social media posts, others may be hesitant to speak freely with investigators in the future.

It was the first homicide in Carroll County since 2002.

Tips should be called in to 1-844-459-5786 or emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com. Information can be reported anonymously.
http://www.kokomotribune.com/news/n...cle_eccf838c-fe01-11e6-b065-8b35faf00ccd.html

Maybe and maybe not....my theory is that they put those 6000 billboards out there for a reason...he caught a ride
... IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Or he's a trucker.

This was a general question not directed at any paticular person. I will re word it.
Edit: It's been too long to edit the post.
My thought process was why remove anyone from work when they know many will witness the activity.
Why not just go to the home after work so it is more private.
MOO

It is much safer for the officers to go surprise him at work. They don't know how he is going to respond to their visit.

If he is at home, then he has access to weapons and can hole himself up in his fortress, maybe take a hostage, putting the cops and neighbors at risk.

He is much 'safer' to detain at his workplace, imo.

One thing I keep hearing brought up is: Never go with the perp and I hope my kids would know to split up and run....etc etc. There is absolutly know evidence saying that they didn't yell and scream and try to get away. Maybe they did try to do all the things you would hope they would do and still were not able to get away. People need to realize sometimes you can do all the things that give you the best chance at getting away and its still not enough. And sadly I feel like that was the case here, I think they did everything in their ability to get away and the odds were just staked against them. MOO God bless those sweet little angels!

This has been discussed a bunch in earlier threads and worth saying again, many people have brought up the common fact that teenagers tend to underdress for cold weather. They never seem to want to wear coats for whatever reason. Sit in a high school parking lot even when there's snow in the ground and marvel at how many kids come out without a jacket.

But beyond that, as someone who is also from the Midwest and used to the often wildly variable weather from one day to the next, if I'm not mistaken this particular day the crime occurred was unseasonably warm for the area. Maybe 50 degrees? I don't recall but I can tell you any time this part of the country hits 45-60ish degrees you'll see a wide variance in how folks are dressed. I know folks who get out their shorts for 50 degree weather (literally had someone announce this to me last week) and there's something about hitting a warmer day in the winter that makes that day feel extra warm (versus those first cooler days in the fall. Temp may be the same in both but how people dress is different). I'm kind of rambling but really, this winter has been a strange one here in the Midwest (I just saw Chicago has had no substantial snowfall all of Jan and Feb for the first time in the 100+ years they've been tracking snow fall totals and recording them). So seeing people dressed a wide range of ways for the weather isn't so unusual at all. If you leave in the morning you might have a warm coat, hat, and gloves only to leave work or whatever and it's 20-30 degrees warmer now.

So between the weird weather and the fact that kids are so weird about coats, I don't know that this is such an issue at all. I feel like you could stand on a busy street in any midwestern city right now and see a wide variety of coats or no coats, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah...I have lived in the midwest for practically my entire life so I know how it works. I was just confused by that person's post. I didn't really get the relevance at all. I was just saying that the girls were not dressed the same as the suspect. But as someone else from the midwest, I don't really think it makes a difference. It certainly won't help find him.

I think Libbey took the pic of BG as she and Abby were walking. He was behind them..they felt uneasy. Libby takes her phone points it behind her to capture his image . Would explain why photo was not in focus.
Abby would have focused it if she was looking at him while taking the pic.
It's easy to put camera on reverse and take a pic of what is behind them. So he would not know a pic of him was taken
Jmo

There were specific apps for truckers mentioned a few threads back. I don't know if LE could get them to feature an alert? (no clue how these things work really)

There is an excellent FB group of truckers that assists with missing children and human trafficking. I have been in contact with the administrator and he is doing some checking on things. He said the Iowa case is where his group got started. He said he will pass any info on to LE.

View attachment 111468 click

Since the cops refuse to issue a video of this guy walking so we can see his gait and posture, I took it on myself to issue one.

On second thought, I seriously doubt it's going to help anyone recognize him , because he walks pretty much like all of us do...........but you never know.

OMG!!! That HAT!!!!

DELPHI, Ind. (WISH) — At the Carroll County True Value, orange is the color of compassion.

Owner Troy Helderman said the store has sold about 100 orange light bulbs over the last two weeks.

“This is our last one left until tomorrow,” Helderman said, holding an orange bulb on Tuesday.

People around town say orange was one of Liberty German’s favorite colors. They plan to light the bulbs on their porches until police find the suspect.

<snip>

http://wishtv.com/2017/02/28/locals-light-up-delphi-in-orange-for-justice/

attachment.php
attachment.php

REPOSTING THIS - Hope you all don't mind

I have been doing some working on some photos to help with placement of Abby as seems to be
a lot of confusion and debate.

Did some serious looking at the picture of Abby and I think I have answered the question of where she
exactly is in that snapchat photo. She is standing/walking above the set of metal supports over the other side on land from my deducing.

So you guys have a look and see what you think.

I am the worst at this stuff but I think I have found the spot, but my drawing skills are well...bad.

Please do not reproduce the bridge photo at I got it from here http://picbear.com/drewpalmerphoto

Okay, so I posted these pictures before dinner (I live in Europe) and the evening with my family. I believed that this was the most accurate placement of Abby yet but when I came back online after everyone went to bed I discovered WSer Papa-que super-duper fine work and thought hmmm...

Where do people find all these cool programs? I am afraid I have very basic Paint, still photos that I scrounged around for, and stills from youtube to work with. Well you can tell the difference, eh?

Anyway, I decided to go back and see if I was far off the mark because, um, you know, I was so sure before! This is my first time ever doing any of this stuff! Well, I am so relieved to see that we basically concur in Abby's whereabouts on the bridge. I am so pleased about that as I really tried my best place that darling girl.

The first mistake I made in my first posting was putting Abbey between the metal supports #'s 1 and 2. I should have put her ahead of the supports but before the second set of metal supports that start where the platform on the right is (where Libby must be taking the photo from). That would be about where the fat part of the red arrow is in the top picture of the bridge.

My second error was not thinking about where Libby was taking the picture from. It didn't occur to me that she was standing on the weird-shaped platform to take the picture. I just assumed that she was standing off to the side so didn't include it in my previous photos.

So, here are my new and improved photos. Perhaps it is not that important to place Abby in the exact place where that photo was taken but it made me feel like I was doing something positive.

One thing I would disagree with Papa-que about is his belief that Abby and Libby were farther away than people think when that picture was taken but I would say they are closer than I thought they would be.

Google always seems to distort distances badly. If you look at his aerial shots with all the dots (cool) you will be able to locate the metal supports, the platforms, etc., that are in these pictures but you will see a marked difference in the perceived distance from the north end. I would say that the photos, any photos, give a truer perspective. JMO of course, and humbly so.

Thanks, Guys and Gals!

I got the video still from here:https://youtu.be/PNN1qkGRZXk?t=40 at the 1:03 mark. It is not mine, it is the property of Jacob Adams.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• updated bridgeuntitled.jpg
    updated bridgeuntitled.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 567
  • video still.jpg
    video still.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 592
Thinking of truckers - what small item would a trucker have on his person/in his pockets (by force of habit/necessity) that BG might have lost at the crime scene, leading LE to believe he might be a trucker and plastering the US with billboards?

Maybe they found a receipt for a typical rest stop for truckers somewhere near the crime scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes