IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this post.

Weren't the girls just in sweatshirts? Whereas he is in a coat and hooded sweatshirt? To me, they were dressed for different types of weather.

Good question! Today it is 29 degrees in salt lake, feels like 21, however when the sun is out you will see people in light jackets and gym shorts. Point being when you're acclimated to this chilly weather you don't need to layer if you are used to it. Many are speculating that's why he's maybe not a local. MOO

QUESTION: If nothing pans out from all the tips..... in the next couple of weeks what do you think that LE will further reveal about the case to help get more useful information from the public?

RSBM

Hopefully ... SOMETHING !
At this point it's the best chance to nail the perp.
Imo.

Since I'm the one who put forth the "maybe instead of a trucker he's mobile in a different way - living in an RV perhaps" theory/proposition/ponderance, I thought I'd check that map to see if there are any RV parks right near those trails and wouldn't you know it? There's one right there on the left of that map about where N Washington street meets the waterway there, as shown here

Wow, I think that possibility is very good and could well explain the man's familiarity with the area, yet not being recognized as being a local. A person living in an RV might also not be working regularly, thus further limiting his exposure to the immediate community.

In order to reduce the chances of problem tenants, many of the better run RV parks keep detailed records of people renting a space. This information would include name, stated address of record, DOB and insurance information. They are alos pretty tight little communities in and of themselves. Many of the residents may well spend most of their time on site and would notice any sudden departures.

I don't know if I'm totally losing my marbles, but my first thought when I saw the close up of his shoes is that he has some kind of shoe covering on. Something black secured with something white.

"Back in the old days" we used to put plastic bags or bread sacks over our boots and wrap duct tape around them when we were gonna be walking the creekbed.

That's my thoughts...a drifter and he hitchhiked out of there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Wondering why LE would make the determination about hitchhiking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True but I really don't think he's a drifter and surely with all the publicity someone would have come forward by now to say that they had picked him up. The police would have had to give some indication if they wanted the public's assistance with identifying a hitchhiker...? Sorry trying to get the hang of this.

Hitchhiker is one aspect of a potential drifter- meaning someone who stays in a place for a bit and then moves on. He may also have a vehicle. It is important they at least ask if anyone picked up a hitchhiker.

Either way, if the drifter aspect is considered, how he gets some money to go forward or pay for gas for a vehicle (if he has one) is key. He could be stealing, robbing, panhandling...

I would hope the investigators have checked to see if the girls had any cash, and if it was still there, versus why he would not be "smart" enough to take the phone.

His priorities and how he lives day to day are different than most people, as well as the crime he committed in the first place, so it is hard to rationalize from where most of us come from what's his motives were.

I don't think he is dumb in the traditional sense.

Only thinking to help us look at this from all angles and my opinion only.

It's not incredibly unlikely or they wouldn't have stated if anyone remembered a hitchhiker or someone walking down a highway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Is there any type of communication system for all truckers to put out an alert to all of them at once? (i.e. "if you picked up a hitchhiker in Delphi....)

The billboard on US23 in ohio near where I live has the suspects picture enlarged in the center with the victims pictures smaller on each side......so apparently not all the billboards are the same. For what its worth

Hopefully they've gotten all the evidence from around the area. Tonight we could have tornados in Indiana apparently.

I agree, (jumping off of your post) what I can't wrap my mind about is 2:30 BG was last seen, the girls were due to be picked up at 3 - 3:30, when the girls did not show wouldn't whoever picked them up not call the phone to say "I'm here, where are you" type thing. If Liberty was recording would that stop an incoming calls from coming in or if it was on airplane mode could she still record? The phone had to be fairly close to record. Maybe BG did know there was a phone because it started ringing, but chose to leave it because he didn't think there would be any evidence to implicate him? Maybe before he left he threw it and it was found? This just keeps puzzling me.:banghead:

I soooo wish Libby had dialed 911 instead of hitting record. Contrary to what LE seemed to be suggesting at the press conference I'm not convinced Libby intentionally recorded the perp because "something didn't feel right". If she had thought something was up and had the chance to use her phone I would like to believe she would have called 911. Not only would that have created a permanent recording of everything, but the girls also would have been located much sooner.

For the record, I'm in no way blaming or second guessing Libby's actions. My heart breaks for her and Abby. I just don't think these girls sensed any real danger until it was too late. IMO the actual attack occurred quickly. I do not believe the guy met them on the bridge and marched them all over the place. I think he ambushed them later.

I soooo wish Libby had dialed 911 instead of hitting record. Contrary to what LE seemed to be suggesting at the press conference I'm not convinced Libby intentionally recorded the perp because "something didn't feel right". If she had thought something was up and had the chance to use her phone I would like to believe she would have called 911. Not only would that have created a permanent recording of everything, but the girls also would have been located much sooner.

For the record, I'm in no way blaming or second guessing Libby's actions. My heart breaks for her and Abby. I just don't think these girls sensed any real danger until it was too late. IMO the actual attack occurred quickly. I do not believe the guy met them on the bridge and marched them all over the place. I think he ambushed them later.

I know! It is hard to say why Libbie got the video, but she did, and thank goodness, or there would nothing to go on, and I hate to say it, less interest. :(

[video=twitter;836712009039237120]https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/836712009039237120[/video]

Carroll Cty prosecutor has been singing off on search warrants and subpoenas every day since day 1 according to this video, and working on more

Sorry that typo just made me laugh so much! :laughing:

"Back in the old days" we used to put plastic bags or bread sacks over our boots and wrap duct tape around them when we were gonna be walking the creekbed.

Me: socks, breadbags, sneakers, arctic 5 buckles in that order. My adult kids don't know how good they had it.

Hopefully they've gotten all the evidence from around the area. Tonight we could have tornados in Indiana apparently.

Stay safe everyone! I'm glad the girl's remains were found quite quickly so more evidence was preserved.

Liberty might not have had great network coverage and I believe things got bad really quick we are lucky the police have what they have.

Well, I will say on my iPhone, it's so much easier to access apps and social media than make a phone call. It seems so tedious to make a call.

Also if perp is not social media savvy, he would be alerted to a phone call, but maybe not a silent app, etc. MOO! JMHO

Wondering why LE would make the determination about hitchhiking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe just to explore another direction/possibility considering how close the Hoosier Heartland Hwy is in relation to the crime scene? Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watercolor611