IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been commenting much in this case, because I had nothing new to add. But, I would like some opinions on the two-perp theory. LE did seem to imply that there was a real possibility of two killers. Isn't that rare? If we describe the possible killer as a twisted sociopath or sexual predator, lurking or luring these two teens, how do we then explain if there were two predators? I know this happens once in a while, but all of the theories we are tossing out seem to point towards just the BG. Maybe we should think about what type of people would do this sort of thing together. Maybe thinking in terms of a duo, we might spark some new ideas on what to look for, where to look, etc. Just some thoughts. Oh, and BTW, I find reading very other page in a busy thread gets you caught up quite quickly with really missing anything.

Everything I write is IMO only. Thanks!

(Just want to stew on this for a while again, don't mind me)
The hitchhiker theory is possible, despite the seemingly remote location and reputation as being notoriously hard to find, they built a flashy new blue bridge above SR25 which directly leads to the monon high bridge. As I mentioned a bit ago, a hitchhiker getting dropped off in Delphi might see that flashy blue bridge and wonder where it goes, its a straight shot to where bridge guy was filmed. This bridge would be easier to find by accident on foot than it would be to find if intentionally looking for it arriving via car if youve never been there before.

Only problem with this theory is hitch hiking is EXTREMELY rare in Indiana these days. And that would leave the killer scrambling to find a way out of town.

Personally I think its most likely he parked at the cemetery and knew the area well.

Elastic bands to hold shoe covers on. Common at the Indiana meatpacker plant.

Lace-up high-tops, white rubber soles, and something attached to his leg with white elastic. This something shows up on one leg but is hidden under his pant leg on the other. What could it be?

DELPHI, Ind. -- A local artist is putting together a music album in honor of two murdered Delphi teens.

Bradley Brown, who goes by the artist name “Lee Brown,” is compiling songs from other artists along with some of his own to create the album.

“I’ve always been an artist,” said Brown. “The only way I could give back is music, and music to me is therapy.”

Brown is friends with some of Liberty German’s family and said the proceeds from the sale of his album will go to help the girls’ families.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ist-creates-album-in-memory-of-murdered-teens

There is no difference.

You either see the guy or you don't.

Police think it fine to report it to them..............

...........but find it possibly libelous to share with your friends.

That is ridiculous.

There is always this--- straight from the horse's mouth!

Meanwhile, the social media posts accomplish nothing.

Police don't have the manpower to monitor social media for possible tips, so Leazenby and Slocum both said a better use of the people's time is to call the information into the tip line — 844-459-5786 — or email it to investigators at abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Online publishing through social media has its good and bad points, Hudson noted.

On one hand, everyone has the potential to be a citizen journalist. But on the other hand, these people don't know the pitfalls of how to responsibly report stories and avoid libel.

"With traditional media, there’s a traditional layer of editing; … there’s a filter,” Hudson said. "So much of what’s circulated (online) today is not vetted."

As for the free-for-all posts on Facebook and Twitter, Slocum said, "We don't want people being convicted in the court of public opinion.

"... If they have legitimate information, they can call us."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...ent&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

SOME RANDOM GOBBLEDYGOOK FOR FURTHER REFERENCE:

BG = BRIDGE GUY (suspect)

SK = Serial Killer

RSO = Registered Sex Offender

Dad Jeans = baggy, worn-out, blue jeans (c. 1990) like BG (suspect) is wearing

Geo***** = off limits for discussion

Hoodie = hooded sweatshirt that suspect appears to be wearing under his blue coat

HAT = something BG is NOT wearing on his head

Monon High Bridge = the bridge in Delphi that belongs to CSX (or some RR co.) that you are not supposed to walk on (but everyone does)

Manon High Bridge, Manan High Bridge, Moron High Bridge (see "Monon High Bridge"; also see "typos, how not to type")

Fanny Pack = a pouch, worn around the waist, to carry things that you would normally shove up BG's @$% if only you could get close enough to him

Funny -- but helpful!

I haven't been commenting much in this case, because I had nothing new to add. But, I would like some opinions on the two-perp theory. LE did seem to imply that there was a real possibility of two killers. Isn't that rare? If we describe the possible killer as a twisted sociopath or sexual predator, lurking or luring these two teens, how do we then explain if there were two predators? I know this happens once in a while, but all of the theories we are tossing out seem to point towards just the BG. Maybe we should think about what type of people would do this sort of thing together. Maybe thinking in terms of a duo, we might spark some new ideas on what to look for, where to look, etc. Just some thoughts. Oh, and BTW, I find reading very other page in a busy thread gets you caught up quite quickly with really missing anything.

Well I have been reading recently that women are helping lure girls into trafficking. Not that this was trafficking. But another female makes it seem much less threatening.

For instance in trafficking a woman may pull up in a car and ask a question. It doesn't feel threatening and then a door opens and the girl is grabbed. Just an example.

Maybe he had a woman with him. I think others mentioned that also in previous threads. Plausible.

There is always this--- straight from the horse's mouth!

Meanwhile, the social media posts accomplish nothing.

Police don't have the manpower to monitor social media for possible tips, so Leazenby and Slocum both said a better use of the people's time is to call the information into the tip line — 844-459-5786 — or email it to investigators at abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

Online publishing through social media has its good and bad points, Hudson noted.

On one hand, everyone has the potential to be a citizen journalist. But on the other hand, these people don't know the pitfalls of how to responsibly report stories and avoid libel.

"With traditional media, there’s a traditional layer of editing; … there’s a filter,” Hudson said. "So much of what’s circulated (online) today is not vetted."

As for the free-for-all posts on Facebook and Twitter, Slocum said, "We don't want people being convicted in the court of public opinion.

"... If they have legitimate information, they can call us."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...ent&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Regarding court of public opinion--even if the right guy is identified in social media, the exposure could impact whether he is considered to be able to have a fair trial and make it harder to get a conviction. So it makes it easier to cause trouble for the innocent and harder to bring justice to the guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know. The white band seems to be lighter in places, there are a few small round spots where it almost shines. An elastic band wouldn't produce this effect I would think.

shoes_attachment.php.jpg

I wonder if it was a clear, moonlit evening on the 13th? If the killer(s) didn't make it out of the woods before nightfall, seems like it would be difficult navigating rough wooded terrain in the dark.

Shoe covers look like ladies shower caps. you put them over your shoes but they come off all the time. so you hold them on with elastic bands put on over the top of your foot and under your foot. are called bootiebutlers

Dude...I'll go with that!

Can we get a side by side of an example? This makes total sense to me.

From watching the latest press conference, I also got the impression that LE feels that it's a very real possibility that there are 2 (or multiple perps). I find this line of discussion fascinating and one we haven't really discussed yet on these threads. I'd like to do some research before I properly respond, but if I may just throw some initial thoughts out there:

IF this crime was committed by a 'team':

1.) do you think it's more likely to be a male/female team or a male/male team. Why?

2.) how did the relationship between the 2 develop? In real life? Over the internet? In prison or at a correctional facility?

3.) is one older & possibly a more experienced criminal?

4.) is one member of the team the dominant one, while the other more of a follower?

More thoughts to come...thanks for indulging my brain dump :p

I wonder if it was a clear, moonlit evening on the 13th? If the killer(s) didn't make it out of the woods before nightfall, seems like it would be difficult navigating rough wooded terrain in the dark.

Fullmoon was on the 10/11 Feb. So it was pretty well lit still on the 13th/14th.

Dude...I'll go with that!

Can we get a side by side of an example? This makes total sense to me.

(O/T, a funny story (at least I think it's funny)...one time I was getting my hair highlighted, I had foils on my head with a shower cap over it (which is what I'm imagining here, feet shower caps), anyway, had the full color gear on with a black cape, had 30 minutes or so to wait around for color processing so went to the big bar/restaurant chain next door, think Chili's, anyway, I walked in w my foils, shower cap and cape and immediately a man in a suit ran to my table to immediately wait on my every demand like I was the President...turns out he thought I was the health inspector with my shower cap.)

(Eta: Also, talking to him later, the Celestial Seasonings plant is right down the road and I learned they wear beard guards...)

it would if it got splashed on with pig guts all day

I don't know. The white band seems to be lighter in places, there are a few small round spots where it almost shines. An elastic band wouldn't produce this effect I would think.

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members