IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ONE BIG QUESTION: How could law enforcement conclude that the fuzzy picture of the guy on the bridge was no longer a "witness" they wanted to talk to, but instead had become a "suspect". Is that just careful wording???? Or is there something they could have found (like his blue jacket) at the crime scene to make them switch to suspect? I'm still hung up on that. Help me think thru this!!!

IMO they knew he was the perp all along, but thought either a) he may come in to be questioned on his own or b) someone who knew him may be more likely to finger him as a witness rather than a killer. or c) to prevent vigilante justice. when it became clear that a and b weren't happening, they needed to draw more attention to him by calling him a suspect.

edit: by all along I mean shortly after discovering the bodies and when they discovered the footage.

We need to know if their clothes were wet or not. If the bridge guy confronted them on the south side of the bridge, it seems like going through the creek is the only way to get there without risking being seen. Otherwise I think they it's likely they were exploring the woods on the other side and were followed or stalked. It's just too risky to march them across that bridge. It's not *that* remote of an area.

I don't see any sense in having them go through the creek either though, what is so special about that specific location? Theres plenty of wooded areas nearby. Judging from the topography map it's probably the most isolated area but unless you know the area really well or are looking at one of those maps you're not going to know that. Leading them there doesn't seem to have any real benefit compared to easier areas to access from either side of the creek. Why there?

I can tell you if he did confront him at the North end of the bridge (??) there is a hill leading up to the left of the bridge and you cannot see over that hill. I watched the searchers go that exact direction and they disappeared from sight once they topped the hill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, new here.

I used the measuring tool google maps has. It's not even a mile from the self storage place to the place where the bodies were found, and if the storage unit was big enough to store a car in, like a garage, it would never have been seen except for entering and leaving. He could have even changed/discarded clothing.

attachment.php

Attachments

• screenshotdistance.jpg
    screenshotdistance.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 784
I am not sure I trust anything that comes from "a source familiar with the investigation" JMO

(I remember Jay Leno, or Letterman used to poke fun at this..."a source"...

i would have to educate myself and my kids to run in a situation like this. It is hard to leave friends and family member behind but if you have a chance, running away will be the right thing to do. Because if you don't, both of you will die. And if you run away, it has a high chance to caught this person and prosecute him. I am sure your friend/family member will agree with you. Plus, you will save so many other innocent lives.

I don't know how to quote from the previous thread (I'm still trying in vain to catch up now that it's the work-week again)... this is from Post 113 in thread 15, and I really wanted to respond to it. I've talked to my 3 kids about doing whatever they need to do in order to escape someone who tries to grab or otherwise threaten them: run, scream, bite, kick, anything. There are not "rules", just go crazy. Make yourself a very inconvenient target. But I never thought about a situation where someone else was with them, until the possibility presented itself-- I was on a hike around the neighborhood with one of my kids and we were going around some curvy roads in an isolated area, very little traffic, and no visibility from one curve of the road to the next. You're already sort of on alert because you want to make sure you don't get run over if someone in a car comes around a corner suddenly, not expecting foot traffic. But what really freaked me out is that we came around a corner and there was a junky-looking car parked on the shoulder, with a lone man sitting in it. It felt really out of place and he just seemed to be lurking there. It's just one of those things that takes you by surprise and all the hair stands up on the back of your neck. My son felt it too. Because of the route, there was no way for us to back track in order to get home-- we really needed to go that direction. This isn't the wilderness-- it's a residential neighborhood, so it's not like we were in the middle of nowhere, but in an area that sort of feels "remote" and where it was very quiet and a time of day when most people are at work. We both felt extremely vulnerable realizing that if this guy wanted to threaten us, he easily could. This is what I wound up telling my son: if something happens, and he threatens us, I just want you to take off running and don't stop until you get home (would be a 10-minute jog... difficult but doable for him with adrenaline.) I very specifically told him that I wanted him to LEAVE me because I wouldn't be able to properly defend myself if I was also worried about HIS welfare. And I do think that's true. I know if my son were there, my focus would be on protecting him, leaving both of us more vulnerable. If I knew my son was out of immediate danger, that would open up more options for me whether that's trying to put up a fight, or look for my own opportunity to run. Part of me felt bad for having this conversation with him, but the more I thought about it, I felt like it was the right angle. It wasn't like "save yourself while I die"; it was, "you get away first so that it's easier for me to get away too." really emphasized that his staying wouldn't be an advantage to either of us, and that his leaving *would* be. It also felt really good to have this as a clear PLAN before we made our approach to go past the suspicious person. I also gave him my cell phone and made sure he remembered how to use the emergency services. (Nothing happened, by the way-- but when I get that kind of Spider Sense I always figure better safe than sorry.) Of course I'll never know if he would have really been able to run off and leave me there to an unknown fate. I hope he would have.

Interesting. I wonder if they've checked it out thoroughly. It's not uncommon for homeless people/people in transition to shelter in storage places.
Excellent thought. Are there security cameras on the building? I can't tell from Google Maps or Google Earth. I do notice the trail isn't too far in to the woods from the storage facility.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Just heard a news spot on the radio with BG's voice here in Virginia. So it is national news...first time I've heard anything here.

I kicked a RSO off of my FB after this incident happened. Did a sex offender search for my hometown, and what had been someone I already thought was creepy, turned out to have been convicted of ppssession of child *advertiser censored*. His ex-girlfriend reported him to the cops.

Worse, it's school activity season across the U.S. Musicals. Etc. A friend who thanked me for raising alarm about the guy is very active in the arts in our hometown. The RSO went to a musical at a HS last weekend.

RSO's should not be allowed on SM, and their electronic activities should be at least monitored.

To me this raises a real constitutional question... if someone is so dangerous that they should have DNA on file, SM restrictions as well as restrictions on where they can live..then it is MOO that these people are too dangerous to have living amoung us and need to be locked up...I know that is a controversial statement... but its MOO.

*advertiser censored* of all kinds is why we are in the situation with child predators we are in.. the digital age is a blessing and a curse but it has led to the explosion of child *advertiser censored* and in MO of child predators.. ( look for example at the public figure whom at one point wanted to be the mayor of NY) Ted Bundy specifically said it was *advertiser censored* that began his journey as a serial killer.. and while he was a liar, I believe he told the truth about that.

That's something that is really hard for PO's to enforce. Unfortunately, it goes unnoticed more often than not.

I'd love to see tax dollars removed from a lot of things and applied to this issue.

Libby German’s family is teaming up with Abby Williams’ family to put on a memorial*softball tournament this July in memory of the girls.

Both girls played summer recreational softball in Delphi.

The family’s dream is to raise enough money so that every girl in Delphi has a chance to find joy in what Libby and Abby loved, for free.

The tournament is called the USSSA Libby/Abby Memorial Tournament. It runs from July 14-16 in Battle Ground, Indiana. Proceeds will go to the Delphi Summer Rec Player Scholarship Fund in memory of Abby and Libby.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/28/summer-softball-tournament-to-honor-delphi-teens/

What a lovely thing for the families to do!

Since the FBI Behavior Analysis Unit is doing an assessment, I thought I would offer my own based on research I have performed.

It will be interesting to see how close I am to the actual offender once he is caught.

The killer in this case will be a White male, aged between 18 and 40 with a median age grouping at 28 years old.

He is not married or in any significant relationship.

There is a strong possibility that he lives with parents, possibly due to not having a job.

If he does work it will be at unskilled labor such as construction work or food industry.

People who know him consider him unusual in manner and chances are strong that he is a drug or alcohol abuser.

He probably attempted relationships in the past but was sexually inadequate.

He may be a pedophile who took liberties with children in the past, not necessarily rape.

He is either a stranger or an acquaintance to one or both of the girls, but not a friend of the family.

He will have encountered the girls while doing normal activity such as hiking in this instance and he will have initiated contact by deception or con.

Chances are that he lives in the area or within reasonable driving distance.

He likely gained control of the girls by direct physical assault.

He will have bound the girls as a form of control and a sexual element of bondage.

Cause of death most likely strangulation.

There is a good possibility that he returned to the body disposal site, possibly as a searcher.

The murder site in 72% of these cases is within 200 feet of the body disposal site.

All I am suggesting is at the bottom of the first new page of each new thread created for Liberty and Abby that maybe a pic and a sentence with mention of another child's cold case bc of the popularity of this case. I'm interested in helping all children, not just Liberty and Abby. Following the picture and short description of Vanessa Smith for example, could be a link to Vanessa Smith's thread. It's nothing to deter from Liberty or Abby, but just a way to help another child and their family with a cold case. Look at all the cold cases solved this past year with just one person and a tip. I want to use the popularity of this thread to help others.
That's why we have threads for those cases. We are free to go to those threads and revive the conversation there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper