IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the Websleuths community, If you want to know why the TOA is so strict around here just go and check out some of the wild stuff that goes on in SM groups. It will literally make your head spin and make you come running back here for comfort. SM groups are a dark, dark windy road of wild theories of specualtion and accusations. Cheers to the Mods and veteran Sleuthers that make this a top notch and reputable place to be!

You mean like a FB group? I thought of joining one and resisted.

Is there any road work going on near Delphi? Even as far as 45 minutes out?

I ask because when I go back to visit relatives in Illinois paving, roadwork, and electricians are always staying at the towns only motel. The town has 5,000 population and their local Comfort Inn is constantly booked. Blocks of rooms are reserved for guys doing road work, paving, etc. I never see them actually working nearby so it's possible they drive further out to do their contracted work.

Hopefully local hotels and motels have checked their cameras.

There is major roadwork on Interstate 65 nearby. I know it is for sure going on at the exit that is by Hoosier Heartland Highway, because if you're getting off on that exit it splits into 2 lanes and you are SOL if you are in the left one...

Also they are redoing a bridge in Lafayette that is close to the end of where 25 hits, on Sagamore Parkway going across the Wabash.

I have believed from the very beginning this was a crime of opportunity. I have read many articles which say sexual predators act when the opportunity arises. They may be always looking for prey to attack but the timing may not be right. Here, tragically, he saw the perfect opportunity when he saw two young teen females alone with no one else around. Some do cruise park areas or wooded areas but then some cruise busy streets searching for a potential victim who is alone and there again, tragically many have found their prey.

A lot of sexual predators kidnap children or even adults in broad daylight right off a busy residential street with the full intentions of raping them..then quickly murder them and discard their bodies afterwards and no one saw or heard a thing. Here, BG, had even a better chance of going undetected.

He doesn't have to be brilliant either to pull something like this off or go through great planning. Most all sexual predators are opportunists. Its always in their mind what they will do as they search for victims should the opportunity be there. There are around 35% of murder cases that go unsolved. Its common sense to believe not all of the offenders were Mensa material. In fact some of those who weren't caught for years or decades and then finally caught turned out many times to be people with low to average IQs.

If he is out of state then I don't believe they will ever find this man unless someone in other states is closely watching the news about this case and has seen the billboards. Even then if he lives with a wife or a girlfriend it could be years before they ever report him to LE. I have seen several unsolved murder cases that were unsolved for years and decades. And the only way they got solved is many years later the suspect and who they had a relationship with at the time finally parted ways and then they will come forward to the police and tell what they have known all of those years. Some have said they were too afraid to report them thinking they would be killed also. So we may be looking at the same circumstances in this case.

He would have to be a hermit living in a cave for no one at all to not recognize him. Now I wonder if he travels for his work such as a salesman or works for contractors who do certain kind of jobs in many different states.....like maybe laying cable lines or erecting cell towers, or surveyors, etc.

Whoever said he didn't have to kill them is correct. He didn't have to kill them. They are dead because he wanted them dead. That way there are no living witnesses left behind to tell anyone about what happened to them. Many strangers have killed others they never even knew. We see it happening more and more even in home invasions now that have resulted in all of the people being murdered who were inside the home/s.

It seems more and more it matters not if the offender never knew the victims and strangers are doing some of the most gruesome overkill type of homicides against victims they have never known. Its actually very frightening how easily someone can kill someone they have never laid eyes on until they became their victim/s.

IMO

Any chance you would entertain the idea that this was a fantasy-based crime, and the reason he hasn't been "found" is simply due to his standing in the community ? In other words, nobody would ever point a finger at him in a million years because of who he is, or who his family is. IF there was DNA found and tested, there obviously hasn't been a match. That means this person isn't a convicted felon or a convicted sex offender, which if this was his first time to do something like this , would actually make a lot of sense.

I think LE also needs to look into sex offenders who were initially charged with a felony, but by the time the lawyers got finished with it, a plea deal got it lowered to a misdemeanor. No felony...no DNA.

attachment.php

Is it this one? looks like a tree
There is a pic tgat shows a corner of something but not a tree branch. It is different and tgat is why people suspect it to be a corner of Abby"s jacket.
It is seen on pic #2

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

You think he hitchhiked? Someone would remember picking up a hitch hiker. And truthfully, none of us know anything....It is all speculation. I just know that area of Delphi well, and it would be extremely difficult to do what he did if your not familiar with that area. It's hard to find that area when you know where your going, that's how desolate it is.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Maybe he was hitchhiking and somebody either spotted him or picked him up, And reported it, but if true, maybe that is information that LE have chosen not to release at this time??
Speculation, imo.

People like him don't kill themselves.......they just kill others. I've always been amazed how terrified these serial killers and mass murderers are to face the death penalty. They will enter into some of the most insane plea deals you've ever heard of to avoid being put to death by the State.

I suppose it has something to do with the dreams they have at night............and knowing what awaits them on the other side.

Israel Keyes killed himself in prison as arguably his final display of control because they wouldn't kill him fast enough for his liking, IIRC... It happens. jmo

I've looked at his pic many times....and without a face to see or even part of a face..how could anyone know who this man could be. How would you know from clothes...he has a hoody up over his hair and face. Lots of people have hoodies and jeans. Unless you live with him and know his clothes and know he is kind of strange...and then they may not want to suspect him. I could pass this man right on the street and never know it is him...so how are all the billboards going to help? Just wondering.

My son's an artist, and likes to do portraits of people without faces. Surprisingly, you CAN recognize them by their bodies and positioning. Some have eyebrows, so that's a better clue than we have here, but I feel that if they'd release video of him in motion someone will recognize him.

Are you local? If not, can a local chime in about walkers?

I totally get that many small towns are not filled with walkers - they would stand out.

But Delphi is connected to an extensive park system. Seems like they are walkers there. Am I wrong? Could a man walk around without calling too much attention to himself?

jmo

A bit OT, but isn't it somehow sad that nowadays someone who walks around his town is described as "sticking out"? Makes me nostalgic. I'm getting old, perhaps.

Yes, I'd be very interested if it's handy. Thank you very much.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

Apologies to other posters because this is a long and ultimately off-topic post but I wanted to respond publicly for anyone else who was interested.

First link -- a lot of studies linking childhood abuse/adverse experiences to adverse health outcomes in adulthood

https://acestoohigh.com/research/

Another study demonstrating that adverse childhood events are closely linked to depression, fetal death, teen pregnancy, smoking, suicidal ideation, etc. http://www.ajpmonline.org/article/S0749-3797(98)00017-8/abstract

More info from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childmaltreatment/consequences.html

An estimated 702,000 children were confirmed by child protective services as being victims of abuse and neglect in 2014.1
At least one in four children have experienced child neglect or abuse (including physical, emotional, and sexual) at some point in their lives, and one in seven children experienced abuse or neglect in the last year.2

Just a note on those numbers -- those are the ones CPS confirms. There are many kids being abused under the radar who never end up confirmed as abused.

Effects: Child abuse and neglect affect children now and later.
  • Improper brain development
  • Impaired cognitive (learning ability) and socio-emotional (social and emotional) skills
  • Lower language development
  • Blindness, cerebral palsy from head trauma
  • Higher risk for heart, lung and liver diseases, obesity, cancer, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol
  • Anxiety
  • Smoking, alcoholism and drug abuse
    Children who experience abuse and neglect are at increased risk for smoking, alcoholism, and drug abuse as adults, as well as engaging in high-risk sexual behaviors.7,11
    Those with a history of child abuse and neglect are 1.5 times more likely to use illicit drugs, especially marijuana, in middle adulthood.12
    Studies have found abused and neglected children to be at least 25% more likely to experience problems such as delinquency, teen pregnancy, and low academic achievement.13 Similarly, a longitudinal study found that physically abused children were at greater risk of being arrested as juveniles, being a teen parent, and less likely to graduate high school.14

Another note from me -- alcoholism and drug abuse are correlated with things like IPV, burglary, prostitution, etc. So I'd expect to see at least some correlation between abuse survival and crime due to this alone.

A National Institute of Justice study indicated that being abused or neglected as a child increased the likelihood of arrest as a juvenile by 59%. Abuse and neglect also increased the likelihood of adult criminal behavior by 28% and violent crime by 30%.15
Child abuse and neglect can have a negative effect on the ability of both men and women to establish and maintain healthy intimate relationships in adulthood.16

Note from me: An increased risk of criminal behavior by 28-30 percent doesn't seem all that high given the links between poor cognitive development, drug use, teen pregnancy, and so on. What I don't see in any of these studies, though, is a link between predatory behavior/murder and child abuse. Because child abuse survivors are, first and foremost, victims. They are often in survival mode, and their brains are working in a different way than other people's. Predatory behavior is on a whole other level. That’s not to say that a child abuse survivor can never commit murder or will never be a predator. Just that it isn’t a cause and effect like so many people seem to think it is.

Information on how the myth began that child abuse turns survivors into abusive or violent predators.

http://www.centrefortherapy.ca/Mythsofabuse

I hope we have good news when I check tomorrow.
I thought this man was local but now I don't know. I think the town is so small that someone would have reported it by now. I think the population is just Under 3000 so after taking females ,children and the elderly away from that figure I think it would be quite easy for locals to rule out locals if that makes sense.
maybe he grew up in the area and knows the trails very well but has been gone that long nobody rocognises him from ageing. He probably used the visit the trails a lot after moving out of delphi but never went into town JMO

I've looked at his pic many times....and without a face to see or even part of a face..how could anyone know who this man could be. How would you know from clothes...he has a hoody up over his hair and face. Lots of people have hoodies and jeans. Unless you live with him and know his clothes and know he is kind of strange...and then they may not want to suspect him. I could pass this man right on the street and never know it is him...so how are all the billboards going to help? Just wondering.

I think the ONLY way to identify this guy is if you saw him on that exact day wearing that exact clothing and knew he was in the general area. He does such a good job of disguising himself that he could be damn near any white male aged 30-50.

Any chance you would entertain the idea that this was a fantasy-based crime, and the reason he hasn't been "found" is simply due to his standing in the community ? In other words, nobody would ever point a finger at him in a million years because of who he is, or who his family is. IF there was DNA found and tested, there obviously hasn't been a match. That means this person isn't a convicted felon or a convicted sex offender, which if this was his first time to do something like this , would actually make a lot of sense.

I think LE also needs to look into sex offenders who were initially charged with a felony, but by the time the lawyers got finished with it, a plea deal got it lowered to a misdemeanor. No felony...no DNA.

It's a fantasy for them. This is how it starts. I was just reading about FBI profiles on previous crimes that are similar. One of the experts verbiage: "They are taking refuge in fantasy where they become omnipotent and powerful. The more they enter into the imagination, the more real it becomes until the crime is committed." Now, this is a specific type of killer, but that's how it goes down.

Apologies to other posters because this is a long and ultimately off-topic post but I wanted to respond publicly for anyone else who was interested.

First link -- a lot of studies linking childhood abuse/adverse experiences to adverse health outcomes in adulthood

https://acestoohigh.com/research/

Another study demonstrating that adverse childhood events are closely linked to depression, fetal death, teen pregnancy, smoking, suicidal ideation, etc. http://www.ajpmonline.org/article/S0749-3797(98)00017-8/abstract

More info from the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childmaltreatment/consequences.html

Just a note on those numbers -- those are the ones CPS confirms. There are many kids being abused under the radar who never end up confirmed as abused.

Another note from me -- alcoholism and drug abuse are correlated with things like IPV, burglary, prostitution, etc. So I'd expect to see at least some correlation between abuse survival and crime due to this alone.

Note from me: An increased risk of criminal behavior by 28-30 percent doesn't seem all that high given the links between poor cognitive development, drug use, teen pregnancy, and so on. What I don't see in any of these studies, though, is a link between predatory behavior/murder and child abuse. Because child abuse survivors are, first and foremost, victims. They are often in survival mode, and their brains are working in a different way than other people's. Predatory behavior is on a whole other level. That’s not to say that a child abuse survivor can never commit murder or will never be a predator. Just that it isn’t a cause and effect like so many people seem to think it is.

Information on how the myth began that child abuse turns survivors into abusive or violent predators.

http://www.centrefortherapy.ca/Mythsofabuse

I'm having a hard time with those statistics. I volunteer in women's prisons, in groups of about 15 at a time where they discuss their childhoods/families/backgrounds, and I can truthfully say I've only met 1 woman who came from what could be considered a mainstream, healthy nurturing background. All of them talk about mothers with strings of men coming through who abused them, being abandoned by their parents and raised by feeble great grand parents, growing up in foster care because both parents were incarcerated, etc. It's really hard to believe that coming from an abusive and neglectful background only raises adult's likelihood of being incarcerated by 28%.

I'd like to address the issue of BG perhaps living out of state. It is true that the population size of Delphi, Indiana is close to 3,000 people. Many posts state that if the suspect were from the town of Delphi, someone would have recognized him by now, which I tend to agree with. However, I think there's some middle ground between him living in Delphi and living far, far away.

Here are the facts about nearby population sizes (all from 2013 data) of counties that directly border Carroll County:
White County - bordering Carroll County (CC) on the northwest: 24,966
Clinton County - bordering CC on the south: 32,916
Tippecanoe County - bordering CC to the southwest: 180,174
Cass County - bordering CC to the northeast: 38,463
Howard County - bordering CC on the east: 82,760

If you add the above populations to the number who live in Carroll County (20,086), this totals 379,365. This total does not include the number of Purdue students who reside in Tippecanoe County but have residency in another state or Indiana counties other than the ones listed above. Purdue has a total enrollment of both graduate and undergraduate students of close to 39,000, so there is some significant number that should be considered in addition to the population size of Tippecanoe county, which might drive the grand total of these counties to nearly 400,000. IMO

Additionally, there are all the surrounding counties that lie in an "outer ring" beyond the counties mentioned above. These are still in close proximity to Carroll County. All I'm trying to say is that BG could be overlooked in a pool of 400,000+ nearby residents. Or he lives in any of these counties and someone is hesitating to turn him in. And I do believe he had to be extremely familiar with the Monon High Bridge trail in order to pull off this horrific crime.

I think when they finally have arrested the suspect or suspects that he/they will end up being a current resident of Indiana and one of the counties listed above. MOO

Pl
I hope we have good news when I check tomorrow.
I thought this man was local but now I don't know. I think the town is so small that someone would have reported it by now. I think the population is just Under 3000 so after taking females ,children and the elderly away from that figure I think it would be quite easy for locals to rule out locals if that makes sense.
maybe he grew up in the area and knows the trails very well but has been gone that long nobody rocognises him from ageing. He probably used the visit the trails a lot after moving out of delphi but never went into town JMO
You're right, if he currently resides in that town, he would've been captured. I think he either lives close by, or he grew up there through school and then moved away. LE should go through yearbooks and try to locate all males dating back a few years. I just really find it hard to believe that a man who never grew up in the area would come from out of state and get lucky enough to find what he was looking for. This man either grew up there and moved, or lives nearby, possibly he does live out of state but has been there many times before either hunting or fishing. Whichever the reason he was familiar with the terrain.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Yeah, sorry ... made it last night when people were sleeping nearby :/ if you turn the sound off you can get nearly as much info out of whats being shown I think.

You can't please everyone... Personally, I thought it was great and really appreciate the time and effort you put into it!!
:clap:​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member